Advance Auto Parts Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

There was a couple phone interviews, then an interview in a store with two District managers, the process took about two months wich was the first red flag, i interviewed well, but the hiring District manager decided to go on vacation in the middle of my hiring process , then i recieved an offer letter in the mail with a congratulations, a packet about bonuses and benefits wich all weren't very good, and a follow up phone call,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate,

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Applied on line and had to take an assessment test and get an passable score in order to move forward. The first step was a phone interview with the area DM for the store in which you applied, then a one on one interview with the DM, panel interview with other store managers and DM, and a phone call with the RVP.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions alone with some role plays   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Rochester, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a pre-screen phone interview. Then I came into a store and spoke with 3 men about the position and my experience. Then, a phone interview with the regional HR which led to another phone call about offering me the position and the salary and benefits offer.

Interview Questions

• When it comes to discipline, what is your best approach to firing an employee for insubordination?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Parkersburg, WV).

Interview

Phone first, then in person. Very standard. Spoke with HR representative before meeting with AM. Met in dirty back room of store. No real complaints. Probably should have taken the position when offered.

Interview Questions

Current position matched offer.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Scripted, well organized. Asked a series of questions that were on a scripted format. Interviewers alternated asking questions, then jotted down notes. Was about an hour long including the role playing. Followed up with a phone interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Role play several common occurrences. One a employee not performing up to standard, and customer who has received the wrong part.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview was performed by the division manager and district manager with basic store operations questions including details about a P & L statement, inventory control, and employee training. The interview process was driven primarily in driving sales including commercial accounts and developing the talent the store needed to better serve the customer, retaining current staff to deliver a profitable store and following policies and procedures to ensure the store was successful.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you had to deal with in a retail environment and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Plymouth, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from an interviewer to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, given appointment for an interview in person with the District Manager, about an hour's drive away. Upon arrival for my interview, after a few questions, was told that the position I had applied for was filled two weeks prior, and another position within a reasonable drive had been filled just that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in an auto parts store, even though you have no auto repair experience?   1 Answer

The job offered was NOT in the region I had applied for.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Sent in resume. Received a call for a interview at a local hotel. There were three managers that conducted the interview. They were reading off a preset list of questions. Then they graded you on your response.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly common but they followed a script. Then you were graded on your response?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I received a call from a company recruiter to schedule a phone interview then One phone interview and about a week later an interview with the district manager. A couple of emails later within the following week) I was offer the job.

Interview Questions

• standand structioned questions: Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very close to what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2014.

Interview

To be honest I basically fell into the job. I knew next to nothing about retail or commercial sales. Luckily I lived close to the store and no one else wanted the job at the time.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with auto part So?   1 Answer