Advance Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Publications Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advance Publications

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Publications (Springfield, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very easy process. Found job through the newspaper classified ad section. Phone interview with basic questions, 1:1 interview pretty straight forward and a background check. Interview lasted about 30 mins. Manager explained, he'll get back to me. He interviewed a total of five people for the same job. He also explained the hourly, commission and benefits structure of the job. Human Resources staff was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What are you sales goals? Are you ok selling advertising to busineses of the telephone? Are you an organized person why or why no explain?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a flat hourly rate plus commission.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Publications (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

Met with two people, had to take a skills test which took a few hours.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Publications (Newark, NJ) in May 2008.

Interview

I received a phone call from the HR manager regarding my application. She briefly interviewed me on the phone with some pre-canned, basic sysadmin questions which I am confident I answered ( at least most) correctly.

I met with one of the lead sys admins a couple of days later for a face to face interview. He handed me a questionnaire dealing with a wide range of web technology questions. I found them really tough. I was able to answer some, but I felt I was unprepared.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the web error codes and what do they mean?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Publications in May 2007.

Interview

very fast. interviewed with assistant then director coffee with director. hires based on whim.