Advanced Bionics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2016

3.3

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with some managers that took around half an hour and asked to come in for an intreview.
    Interview took a long time with meeting with various managers and heads and also human resources. Overall everyone was very nice and was a relatively easy interview process.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics (Valencia, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call back for phone interview (first round not too difficult). A few days after initial interview I received a call back for a second phone interview (second round not too difficult). Made it to the third round of interviews where you meet the entire team and they all ask individual questions. More nerve racking but everyone tries to make you feel comfortable.

Design Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics in June 2016.

Interview

I was first emailed for the pre - screen HR interview. Then I had the second phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited on site for a full day of interviews where I have interview by 10 people. They were mostly nice with an easy interview, but some people required unnecessary details about the projects I have done in the past.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics (Valencia, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very intensive with the hope that at the end of the process the candidate has a deep understanding of the role they are applying for and the team they will be working with. It is by far the best interview I have ever had the pleasure of attending.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions vary due to the role the candidate is applying for.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Interview

A phone interview set up by the hiring manager. Didn't take much time to get the interview setup. I was asked technical details based on digital, analog, programming and basic questions. The interview lasted for approx 1hr 30mins.

Interview Questions

• Everything from digital, analog, programming, basic general questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 round phone interview and 1 round onsite. The first round is HR round. Questions for the resume and your prior experience to the field you are applying. Second around technical phone interview, questions related to the applicant's major and some coding tests. After phone interviews, there is an onsite interview. The onsite interview lasts one day, consist of technical interview, behavior questions and lunch with the team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between polling and interrupt method?   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics (Valencia, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got an email from hiring manager, to set up a phone interview, afetr 30 minuts of talking about the my background and company history, i was told to be contacted for in person interview. A full day interview was set up, with 8 different people including the HR/Managers/Director/VP/Engineers. all were nice people asking reasonable questions both technical and HR related. they looked interested, and I was told to be contacted later.
    after three weeks I received an email that explained that even though my skills are very strong they decided to go with another candidate. they called to one of my references right after the interview, which is the only negative point of their process since it implies that they already made their decision to give an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics (Irvine, CA).

Interview

i was contacted by the director of the group who asked me a few general questions on past experience. Then by some systems engineer who asked me technical questions, and then the HR person asked me a bunch of typical HR questions : why you left your job and questions on handling conflicts (they seem to get a lot of it).

Interview Questions

• too many questions by the systems engineer, on communications receiver details, that test knowledge more than it tests ability to think. No one seems to have read any of my publications. Higher level people had more intelligent questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Interview

Applied online for the job posted on Indeed. Dis not get call for 2 months. After 2 months got a call from the manager. Interview was done right then. It was just one phone interview. Questions were in c language programming. The total time of the interview was around 30 minutes. The result was announced after another month by phone.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Bionics.

Interview

pretty fun and long interview. I got to interview with a diverse group, from the hiring manager to project managers and few other line managers. Very friendly process but long (~7 hours)

Interview Questions

• I won't say anything unexpected but if there is something on the resume, they will drill down on it and expect you to know every basic detail. The salary range they offer is a bit lower than the other companies in the area.   Answer Question

lower salary