Advanced Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ronkonkoma, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Ronkonkoma, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

HR was helpful and answered all my questions. “Sr Eng” was difficult, rude and no professional. So many technical questions. I reviewed all the responsibilities before I applied. This “Sr Eng” person added more responsibilities and played games. It looked this one didn’t want to hire anyone. This job was posted since January/2017. It is still looking for a year. I don’t recommend to apply.

Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview from HR. Then an in-person interview with a manager and/or supervisor(s). Few questions, technician test (paper and verbal). Panel 2-3 interviewers. Usually a walk-through of the facility in which you will be working in.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough phone screening then 2 visits to Fort Collins site to meet several in department. Longest wait was between final interview and offer but it was explained to me that other candidates were still in the interview process. I appreciate their frankness.

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring then manager, then invited to interview with a panel. Only half the panel showed up and the hiring manager was now on vacation. I offered t interview with the others at a later date which they scheduled. Everything was very informal, almost slack.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest issue I saw with the job? This question was asked over and over again.   1 Answer

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Multiple people, about an hour each. Mainly RF and LabView. They hire almost exclusively by having people work as contractors for a while first. They paid fairly well on contract and were fairly flexible on work hours. The trick is to find a headhunter that has contacts into the company. They almost never respond to direct attempts as contact. They are mainly a LabView house for test development. In the lab they use MatLab a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe Smith Chart and its uses. Calculate an RF matching network.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was formal at the beginning and got more relaxed as the process took place. The dress code was formal. The original interviewer was busy, so I was interviewed by the second shift lead, and joined by other managers about ten minutes in.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work second shift?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Advanced Energy.

Interview

5 interviews , very long

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advanced Energy.

Interview

I was local, so I don't recall if there was an initial phone interview. They had me present for an hour on a position related subject of my choosing. General approach was looking for technical competency and familiarity with reliability as well as experience with steps of development programs. HR was pretty typical, with being friendly and open about information,... until salary is discussed, then they are trying to get you for the best deal, like most HR people.

Interview Questions

• Probably either explaining the development process I am (already) used to, or there were some specifics on magnetics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some back and forth with the HR lady,... I initially was going to decline, then came back and decided to accept.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Energy in January 2012.

Interview

Mostly interviewed by Functional Mangers and they asked questions related to my resume. No trick or surprise questions. I was well prepared with everything on my resume and so really enjoyed the interview. Just expected me to be willing to take on the role and go through the learning curve.The best part was the decision was made at the end of the interview. Interviewers are friendly and courteous. The interview was also short and limited to about 4 hours with each person interviewing for about half hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and get 4k higher than the offer and added sign on benefits.

Motor Lab Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Raleigh, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview talked a lot about resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A