Advanced Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advanced (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interview
    1) Online test
    2) Face to face interview
    3) Coding online test - multiple choice was easy but coding was difficult.
    4) Managerial interview
    5) HR round - It was good discussion.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced.

Interview

1/ phone call consultation
    2/psychometric test -numeracy, reasoning...
    3/ 1:1 interview and a repetition of the psychometric test
    4/ assessment day
    There were around 20 people in my group and it lasted from 10 till 4:30.
    -provide solutions to a 'client' and give a final presentation
    -mock telephone call with a customer
    - a priority task
    -a group interview to see how you handle the pressure
    -30 sec recorded pitch on why they should hire you
    -written numeracy task
    -written email response task

Overall the day was fun and challenging. The trick is to be a well rounded candidate and to show that you can handle pressure.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

So day is split into 5 stages,

Presentation
    Telephone scenario
    Group task
    30 second pitch
    1 2 1 interview

Now for people who are wonderinf what the day really is Like, it's the hardest thing I've ever done, if you manage to get through the frost 2 stages easily you probably will struggle with the assessment centre.

With the 1 on 1 interview work as a team to get through the questions because they are looking for teamwork

Do no snitch on anyone as they are looking for you to give up people

Also word of advice, don't try and lie or say something you wouldn't in an interview, just stay honest and make sure when you answer it isn't misinterpreted as you digging at somone.

Interview Questions

• who was the weakest person in the room   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advanced (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

F2F interview.. There were two person one was technical while one lady was from scrum background I guess. To my surprise she does not have much knowledge on Scrum and the questions she was asking and answering after my answer was wrong I have clearly told that what she is telling is not as per scrum and told what way it should be. BTW after 1 hour of interview they told me to leave for the day !!

Interview Questions

• how do you find velocity of your team from Definition of Done   1 Answer

Graduate Customer Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Advanced (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application, had a Skype interview, got invited to an assessment centre, and later went on to do a soft interview. It was a fairly straight forward process. Now here is the problem. This company has screwed me over completely. I was called after my assessment day and told that I had the job but there isn't enough space on the training for this month so I had to wait for the next one. They never told me a date for the next one nor did they send me any contract for employment. So I stay in contact with the recruitment manager and he tells me that I need to come back in for a soft interview so they can decide which product support team I will be on. That's all he tells me about the interview. So I've gone in to have this final interview and both managers are really kind. Weeks later I've literally had no calls or emails from them. And every time I call the recruitment manager he either answers and hangs up immediately or puts it straight to voicemail. This company is actually messed up. What kind of recruitment process is this? Why are you lying to people. If you didn't want them to work there your job is to call and tell them that they were unsuccessful. I literally wasted a lot of my time on this 5th rate company. I honestly do not recommend working for them. There is a reason why they have a lot of bad reviews. It's a disorganised and unprofessional work place. I'm left with no job and I have to continue my search.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced.

Interview

I was first asked to complete a personality and aptitude test. Upon completion, I was told I had done well and a phone call was arranged to discuss the next steps. I was then invited to an interview, which would be generally informal. The ability test was also completed again to ensure it was me who took the test. After this, I was told that I would be contacted about the next stage of the process, which was due to take place two days later.

Unfortunately no contact was made. Instead I got in contact with the recruitment team, who told me I had been unsuccessful based on my test results.

Slightly disappointed to not have been informed of this earlier. This is especially relevant as I was told I had previously "done well". Better communication would be great

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advanced (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

The first stage was an online application and then I was invited to carry out the online tests. Following this I was invited in for a face to face interview and then invited in to re-do of the tests in person to clarify that it was indeed me that carried out the online tests and I then participated in a group assessment centre, at my group assessment there were 7 of us but I have heard that there were 20 something in another group.

Interview Questions

• One of the assessment centre interviews I was asked How would I cope with angry customers and not let it get to me.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advanced (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Worst experience. Interviewer was very arrogant, I would suggest to skip this company. Not worth it.
    Interviewer was taking as if he owns the company and we have applied for some watchman job.
    I requested the interviewer to talk properly he said if you have problem you can leave the room, I just walked off.
    Suggest not worth wasting your day.

Interview Questions

• For a role of 7-9 experience, question very mainly definitions.
      How many design patterns are there?   1 Answer

Head of Information Security and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Datchet, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced (Datchet, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Having completed advanced "moron" test online before being selected, I was guided to their beautiful offices near Heathrow. Upon arrival and passing through two layers of receptionist who could not care less, my interviewer was 20 minutes late.

I was invited to complete the moron test again, since I was not trusted to do it on my own at home in my jammys and I should do it again in case my dog did it and ate my homework on the bus.

I was then interviewed by a nice guy (genuinely) with dozens of roles to fill. He couldn't ask anything technical about the role (which is far from clear) as he was not experienced in it. He advised he would be arranging further meetings with 2 directors and (you guessed it jobseekers) never heard from him until I bullied the agent.

No feedback. No thanks.

This company is clearly talented at selling themselves to Vista investors, the rest, you take your chances but not for this monkey.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Like others - you do a test and the have a Skype interview and do the test again because they don't trust you. On arrival I sat in reception of a fantastic building in brilliant grounds and watched their staff plod past... I have seen jollier and more enthusiastic people at funerals - this is a glum, dying place I thought. On to the interview, it was soulless and the manager liked to hear his own voice and did not like be questioned (this was for a sales role remember).