Advanced Testing Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advanced Testing Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.3

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview

I happened to have the misfortune of talking to this company's recruiter at my school's career fair and I must say I have never been treated so rudely by a company looking for employees. The individual looked at my resume and immediately told me that it needed to be longer and more specific. I have never heard it recommend to an undergrad (or anyone for that matter) to have a resume longer than one page. I get my resume advice from the career center at school and various contacts of my own that hire people and review resumes for their career. When asked where I got this type of instruction, he then condescendingly asked how long these people had been doing their position because, "He has been hiring people for 20 years." When I informed him that all the advice I get from professionals have been in their position for at least that long, he then proceeded to tell me about how unimpressive my resume was. I worked in a testing lab as a technician, then laboratory supervisor for 18 months (which was also listed on the resume) so its not as if I am ignorant of how a testing laboratory operates. This individual was not forthcoming with any specific positions, roles, or opportunities within the company. If this is how they try to recruit people, I feel very bad for the poor souls who got recruited to sustain that abuse. Reading other reviews, it likely would have been a contracted position with no benefits. Their recruiters not only know shockingly little about recruiting, but they don't even know how to properly format a resume. As a company, this should be downright embarrassing. It was almost as if I was inconveniencing the recruiter somehow, even though they signed up to come to the career fair to find employees. The recruiter had an unbelievably bad attitude, and could not have been any less affable.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in the future? Is the only question with relative sustenance that I was asked.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward and the questions were standard. Nothing to crazy and the process overall was what you should anticipate in this industry. If you know the industry and information on ATL you will do fine.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview

The TA Manger reached out via LinkedIn. We had a phone interview. Then I was brought in for a face to face interview with the TA Manager, Recruiter, Jr. Recruiter, HR Manager, Operations Mgr.

Interview Questions

• What do I spend most of my time doing in my current role?   1 Answer

Physical Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was brief. Interviewed with HR over the phone and then with the GM in person. They offered the job within a few days after the final interview. The interview questions were typical questions about your lab experience, instrumentation you've used, college labs you took, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your career aspirations?   1 Answer

Fragrance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. I had a phone interview and it seemed to go well. The interviewer told me the manager was out for the week on vacation and he would let me know the outcome either way when he returned. I never heard back from them. I followed up with a thank you email and still no response. The interviewer missed our initial call and didn't setup a new one until days later.

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Received an email about a phone screen from a senior recruiter. It was short and she asked general questions like expected pay, 5 year plan, what I know about ATL, and she provided me with information about the job posting and that it was to be in Indianapolis with one of their major clients. I deduced Eli Lilly.
    Then a day later we scheduled a phone interview with the General Manager and 2 Senior Managers from different ATL departments in Indianapolis since I lived out of state. It went well and I was interested and they were interested. They asked a few background questions and a few technical questions.
    Then they requested an in person interview but the next day I was informed of a hiring freeze for budget reasons. Then I was contacted 3 months later asking if I was still interested. I said sure and asked about who would cover the financial burden of travel for the interview and I was told that they don't usually pay for accommodations. Then I first confirmed that I was the most qualified for the position and decided to make the trip to the Lilly campus. I met with the General Manager and the Senior manager of the Discovery Biology group, along with 3 Lilly scientists. They were all very kind and personable. It took a total of a little more than 2 hours.
    The questions in the in person interview from the ATL managers were a mix of technical and overview of my resume again. And those questions from the Lilly scientists were very technical. To do well on the interview, just know your resume, simple enough.
    On my drive home an hour later I got a call offering the position.

Interview Questions

• How did you measure mitochondrial activity? How did you isolate primary cells for culture? What is tritium? What is the Radioactive substance you used for some of your experiments? Etc.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your cell culture experience. Tell us about your in vivo experience.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were unclear about directions that were given? What would you do if you didn't get along with one of our clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They asked what my expectations were and I was honest. Then they told me what they offered, which surprisingly met my minimum. I expected them to try and under bid me.

Hplc Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a very informal interview due to all the real questions ( situational) being asked prior to the actual interview. Getting the interview only took a couple days. The phone screening interview only took up to 15 minutes. The over the phone interview lasted around 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• What type of labs did you take during your college years   Answer Question

Clinical Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview process was fairly painless. The interview itself consisted of a phone interview and an in-person interview. The in-person interview was very laid back and pressure free. The interviewers were very friendly and personable.

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First I had a phone interview and then I met with one manager to interview for the position. It was a little more informal in that it was held in an open area. The manager asked me what my goals were in the future trying to get a feel for if the position was suitable for me personally.

Microbiology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Blue Ash, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the laboratory manager and supervisor in person. They were very friendly and very interested in your past experience in the lab. The position was entry level and they offer a week of training and a "buddy" system afterwards. Many of the interview questions involved scenarios and how you would act or handle them. Currently I am a week and a half after the interview and still have yet to hear back, but I was the first interview for this position.

Interview Questions

• Q. Where would you like to be in the next 5 years?
      Q. How do you handle conflicts among your peers?   Answer Question