Advantage Solutions Interview Questions in Bentonville, AR | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2016

3.7

3D Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Bentonville, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Wednesday for the position of 3D Designer and had an email back within 5 minutes asking me to be available for a call. I made myself available for the next two days and nobody called. I followed up on Monday with the person from the company who emailed me and they asked if I could be available after 5pm. Again I made myself available but no call was received.

This person and/or the firm is extremely unprofessional. No email was sent advising that she was unable to attend the call at the specified time on any occasion. Imagine a candidate doing this?

I would not work for this firm on principle now, and judging by the other reviews I've seen about them, that's probably a good thing.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

3 in person interviews. Standard interview questions. STAR was not used. They were very slow to make a decision. VP was stone faced in the interview - couldn't tell if he liked me or wanted to murder me. Had 3 in person interviews, yet didn't start until 3 months later.

Interview Questions

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Bentonville, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

At the time I interview for this company, I lacked experience and had no education in business. They were able to recognize my passion for doing excellent work and the skills that I had to offer. They put me through a 6 month paid internship that included all the classes and experience I would need to have a successful start with the company.

Since they have a strong training/education program, they are willing to overlook shortcomings if you demonstrate that you have passion, attention to detail, and the intellect to handle the needs of the office you are going after.

Most people are hired after 1-2 interviews. People applying for the internship program (ACE) may have anywhere between 2-4 interviews. These latter interviews could include an assignment (like presenting on a topic or an idea that you have).

The interviews are very laid back, but you still would want to put your best foot forward as there are many people applying for the internships.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "What route did you drive to the interview?" After answering it, they asked what I would have done if I had a flat tire, then got caught in a hail storm, got wet, ect... It was a test to see if I could think on my feet and how far I would be willing to go before I gave up. By the end, I wore him out and got a good laugh out of it.

They also asked me about how I would handle specific situations dealing with customers. The customer is always right is good. But the better answer is that you must teach the customer about the situation while still agreeing with them. Just agreeing with them shows weakness and the inability to have an open dialogue with a customer so that you both understand each other's perspectives.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

With the internship, there is not much room to negotiate salary because it is an entry level position. But since there is an office in every major city in America, you can negotiate on place of work. They also work with you on moving expenses.