Advantage Solutions Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview which seemed to go really well. The interviewer called and asked me several questions about my experience, and I asked some questions about the company. She told me that she'd like to schedule a follow-up appointment with the person who would be my supervisor. She scheduled the appointment for "Tuesday" at 1:00 PM, and sent an appointment to add to my calendar. I did so.

On Tuesday, I waited by my phone for the call, and at 2:00, I emailed and said that I was sorry the interviewer didn't get a chance to call, but I was still interested and would like to reschedule. I received a response a while later saying that the interviewer was on vacation and the interview was scheduled for _next_ Tuesday, and asking if that would work. So, my mistake. I do wish that it had been clarified that the interview wasn't for the Tuesday immediately following the initial phone call, but for the week after that, but miscommunications happen. I said that sure, next Tuesday would work.

During the week before the upcoming interview, I received five promotional emails from the company(not from the same employee I had spoken to previously, but from a different employee) advertising jobs that were not related and not even in the same field as what I was going to be interviewing for. All of the promotional emails were for the same types of position, for part-time weekend product demonstrators, whereas the job they had spoken to me for was a full-time systems engineer.

On the following Monday night, I got an email saying that the person who was supposed to be interviewing me was not going to be available for Tuesday, and asking if Wednesday at the same 1:00 time would work. I said that okay, that would work.

On Wednesday at 1:00, I was waiting by my phone, ready with some questions and with an open text document to use to take notes, but the call didn't come in. I waited until 1:30, then to 1:45, and then to 2:00. It's now after 3:00.

I don't know if the company just decided they didn't want to hire me, or if the interviewer forgot, or what. I'm marking the interview difficulty as "very difficult", not because the first discussion was difficult, but because this makes the third time that I used an hour of my time expecting for them to contact me and not being contacted. I also don't know why I received the marketing emails for part-time weekend product demonstrator jobs, but at this point I'm very concerned, and have decided to not pursue employment with this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about my experience and previous work.   Answer Question