Advantage Solutions Retail Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions in April 2017.

Interview

For the initial interview I was called and asked a few questions about how I handled certain situations in the past, can you give an example of this-or-that. A couple of the questions took me back because i hadn't been asked them before and didn't know how to answer it, one of the questions wasn't very clear and though i asked for clarification, i was still a bit confused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your personality won out over what the manager wanted to do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advantage Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Little Rock, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a basic phone interview the length of time to process papeework took a while though easy straightfoward. They explained what I would be doing and gave me an overview of the territory. Pretty to point.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable traveling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Nashua, NH) in January 2015.

Interview

very easy
    over phone and online - trained online
    confrence calls and video training - during interview process spoke with a couple different people before i got offically hired
    was very easy

Interview Questions

• do i have a car is it reliable and do i have a good driving record   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Took weeks multiple interviews skype interview telephone interviews back ground checks on line quizzes interviews with several member's of management. Paperwork to be mailed in. Training videos. In person classes to be quized on.Waiting weeks in limbo waiting to hear from anyone.speaking to 10 different mangers and several recruiters at the same Rome.

Interview Questions

• What stresses you out? How well are you at convincing people in power to change their minds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Anaheim, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, about 45 minutes. Questions regarding retail experience and company benefits. What to expect when when working for the company, pay and mileage reimbursement details.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Frustrating not professional at all,to much paper work to fill in and send back via e-mail/fax. Wasn't told where to meet the next day for interview which an e-mail was sent to be at 9:30 pm the night before interview was to be at 9:30 am the next morning. Then at 7:30 am was told where to meet for interview which was 45 minutes to an hour away going North from where I live.

Interview Questions

• Not enough of the right questions given....small chit chat in a cashier isle in grocery store lasted 15 to 20 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing....you only talk through e-mail or text.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. They called me for an interview. (HR) Then the hiring manger called me for an interview. Most of the questions were standard and mostly asking about experience. Just be yourself and ask alot of questions about type of position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult oposition from a store manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a little more and they met me in the middle. Wish I would have pushed for more. I heard they never give raises. This could attribute to turn over. No evaluation of employee for raises.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions in September 2011.

Interview

Was basically asked why I thought I could do the job, since it wasn't " rocket science"....really was not an interview. Was more of a meet and greet and was offered the job on the spot. Brought my resume, but they didn't even bother to review it.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2009.

Interview

It has been a very long time since I have interviewd and the currect interview process is very different. I applied through the newspaper, got a call and met with my prospective supervisor. We discussed the job requirements and how my experience would mesh with what they needed. I was called a few days later and offered the job.