Advantage Solutions Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.0

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions.

Interview

Called by recruiter then had skype call with regional manager, easy process. They do drug test and check driving record. They had my supervisor come and train me for a week, then a peer trainer for a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome an conflict at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advantage Solutions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very easy. There is an initial phone interview, followed by an in store walk through and a few basic interview questions. The supervisor made me feel very at ease and answered all of the questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Met with the supervisor at the time and his boss for a casual one-on-one. This was several years ago when the process was much more simple. Now one would have to go through HR and fill out the proper forms.

Interview Questions

• How I rate myself in terms of ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Greenville, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite quick and easy as any other interview and it took about a week to complete the entire process. You must have auto insurance and your own vehicle. You will have to do a 10 panel drug test at a LabCorp or a third party location. You will also have to get a manager, supervisor, or (if you don't have one in your area) a friend or neighbor to complete the second part of your i-9 form. You will have to provide them with 2 proofs of identity and be present with them when completing the form. It is not a hard thing to do, but it has to be done in a timely manner, or they will no longer consider you for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Dover, DE).

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview with Human Resources in CA in response to me applying via a Glassdoor job posting. I was then contacted by the manager that would be my immediate supervisor. I met him at a store and we ran through the store process. I got to see him interact with some store employees and was shown some of the programs they use. He asked me some question about what issues I recognized on the shelves. Afterward we sat down at a near my table and he asked me about my hopes for the job, my expectations, work history, availability, transportation, etc. Afterward he said he had some other interviews to compare mine to. The next day I received a call from human resources telling me I had been selected if I wanted the job. I said yes, received info and forms to complete, and started my training a week or two later.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then was emailed instantly from an inside recruiter and called. She asked basic questions, like do I have a car, can I lift 50 lbs and so forth. She then passed my information on to be interviewed the next day. I was called again, and after a 30 minute conversation, she passed my information on to the Regional Manager. He called within 2 hours and hired me on the phone after a 10 minute conversation.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel like you would be good at this position?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Interview

First talked twice to a recruiter in Boston. She gave me hourly pay, towns in the territory, travel reimbursement, etc. Talked to her again on Skype the same afternoon & she asked me brief personality questions. Next day Skyped with a second recruiter in California for almost an hour, chatting about the company, the job, etc. Then yesterday had a phone interview for 45 minutes with the same California recruiter & a second/different Boston recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Hammond, LA) in May 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called and set up a phone interview. They were very helpful in connecting you to the next step. They called when the recruiter said and was very friendly and explained the job duties and was available to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about time schedule and if you have a vehicle to get from place to place   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions.

Interview

Interview process was positive and relatively easy. I applied, received a call from hr explaining the job desciption. Asked if It was something I was interested in. We then set up a skype interview with 2 managers. Questions were fairly easy, "tell me a time when you?...." I got called back about 3 hrs after with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a co- worker disagreed on something and what did you do to come to an agreement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate and we agreed on a salary that was lucrative for both.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantage Solutions (Memphis, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a call. The interviewer was polite. I was asked about my experience in retail. The next day I was told I had the job. I did do a background check and drug test. The process was easy. I had to pass tests that where online. I was very comfortable asking questions and enjoy working for this company. I use this job as a second income.

Interview Questions

• My experience in retail. Did I have a valid drivers license. Do I have car insurance. Do I have a car. It was a good interview. I trained online. I had to take tests and pass.   1 Answer