Advent Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advent Software Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advent Software (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was called about an initial screening, did a phone interview and proceeded to get an interview face to face. The person called from New York and I did a phone interview with them before ultimately interviewing with the team and hiring manager.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advent Software (South San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and did a ~30 minute screen. Pretty much behavioral questions. Second interview was with a manager and a senior engineer. Throughout the interview I felt as if they did not want to go through the interview at all. Responses were quick and dry and felt devoid of personality. If this is what the company culture is like I'd look elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advent Software (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview took place in 2016-- started with a phone interview proceeding with an 'in person' a week or so later ---- there were group interviews - 3 associates follow by 2 and then another 2. The interview itself was a normal. The atmosphere was very good in my opinion however during the first group interview (after about 10 mins of questions and discussion) one of the associates/managers pulled her cell phone to check her text messages/ email and said 'sorry, I ordered lunch online'. Was almost in shock as Ive never had ANY company/person interrupt me during an interview to check their phone especially about lunch. Followed up for every 2 weeks as they advised me to and they kept telling me a decision wasn't made yet. Needless to say that I did not get the role and maybe for the better. VERY unprofessional and unfortunate as I heard great things about this company.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advent Software (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was talking directly to Bruce Dubois and he not only offered guidance on the interview process but also overall business guidance. He's a recruiter who's on your side and will set you up with the necessary direction to gain knowledge about this company, role and industry. If I had taken an offer I would have asked him to be my mentor.

Accepted another opportunity.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advent Software (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First I had a general phone interview with a recruiter which led to a general phone call with a senior engineer. Then they set me up with 3 phone interviews with a team. I think I didn't get into that team but another team was interested in me so I went onsite for that one and got hired by that team.

Client Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advent Software in April 2016.

Interview

I received a call from HR recruiting to setup a phone interview which took place about a week later. The interview was fairly straight forward with basic questions like telling them about myself, my experience, and why I want to work there. The interviewer was not very personable at the time. After the interview it was about 4 weeks until I was given a response about my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Why am I applying for a job in finance industry without any previous experience in finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Interview

Received a call from their senior recruiter about setting up a phone interview. I called the recruiter back that same day and left a voicemail. Didn't receive a callback after 3 days so I called back again and left an additional voicemail. The recruiter never called back to do any interview. Completely unprofessional.

Senior Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advent Software (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Advent Software uses a thorough and extensive interview process to screen their candidates. The interview process was quite long, lasting one month in which I was asked questions not only on my industry and product knowledge but also logic questions to see how I came about my results. These were asked by numerous members of the teams both in their San Francisco and Jacksonville offices. I felt as if their process was executed to ensure any new hire would be an absolute perfect fit for their team. My interview was for a role at their headquarters in San Fransisco. I interviewed with all levels of the group, via the phone, in person at their Jacksonville office, and virtually over the computer. What I can tell you from speaking with each member is that I would have definitely not been the smartest person in the room. Each person I engaged with was intelligent, concise, and extremely knowledgable in the product they were supporting. But this is what I looked for not only in a role but in a company. I felt from speaking and physically being at one of their locations, that their office was less a sterile space of malcontent workers completing monotonous procedures but more a collaborative team oriented site that helped drive an amazing force to foster ideas and excellence for the company, the client, and each employee. The benefits offered were excellent and the salary was very competitive. My choosing to pass on my offer was one of personal reasons, not reflecting on that of Advent. For any negative review of this company, I counter them and sincerely say that speaking with each member of the Advent team, from Aliya, Helen, Danny, John, David, and Bruce, it was an honor to have been considered for a role at Advent Sodtware.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I know nothing about computers, walk me through setting up my printer   Answer Question

Workflow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advent Software (New Rochelle, NY).

Interview

The interview process was short and easy. I was interviewed by the teams manager. Since it was for an entry level position, it was very easy. She was very easy going and straight to the point.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advent Software (New York, NY).

Interview

Mostly behavioral. Wanted to make sure you fit in well with the other team members. Really just wanted to get to know you as a person. The position will be taught to the person hired so they want to know about some experience and if the work interests you.