Advisory Board Account Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Account Management Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

At this point, I've already had a phone interview with ABC, and it was very straight forward, they wanted to know about my resume experience, and what I liked about the job, etc... I'm waiting for the in person interview that they scheduled with me, and I'm hoping that it will go as well, if not better.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Within about a week, someone sent me an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview wasn't very personal - the interviewer asked generic questions such as "explain a time when you had a goal and how you achieved it" etc. Didn't seem like they wanted to get to know who they were actually talking to.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time at work when you did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied online and received an initial phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was pretty straight-forward - my suggestions for anyone else applying: know your background and what you learned or gained from your previous experiences forwards and backwards. I was offered the option to apply for another position as well when I came in for a round of in-person interviews. I had 7 interviews in one day, back to back, across a variety of departments. As with the phone interview, it's vital to be able to speak to what you have done in your past, both in college and professionally. The day is long, so treat it that way - get up early, eat breakfast, drink coffee if that's your thing, and come prepared - notepad, suit, and thank you notes at the ready. I was asked about how my previous positions - which have been a hodgepodge of jobs across a variety of disciplines - applied to the role I was applying for, how I organized myself and project managed, and where I saw myself in the future. Be honest. Be direct. And ask questions. I received very positive feedback for emphasizing that I wanted to grow professionally and for asking if there was any weakness in my background that I might need to work around to be a strong employee. All in all, a great (and very tiring) experience. Lasted about two weeks. I received and accepted my offer the same day that I interviewed in-office.

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

One phone interview, two days of interviews- 30 minute interview rounds with potential managers. I had 5 rounds each day, but they ask the same or very similar questions, so it is not difficult. You will find that the managers interviewing you use very similar jargon, specific words, etc. If you pick up on this, find a way to incorporate their lingo into your language. It will make you seem like you are an even better fit for their department/team.

Interview Questions

• All very basic. They ask you how you prioritize your day, how you handle multiple tasks, give examples of a time you had to deal with an unhappy client, etc. You know it is going well when they ask you what you like to do in your spare time, plans for the weekend, etc!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Account Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview

Applied beginning of June and heard back less than a week later. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week and then several in person interviews a week later. Told me I would hear back the following week. Ended up having 3 more phone interviews. HR was very unorganized and I had to have a couple phone interviews while I was busy at work because of it (and it definitely affected my interview).

Interview Questions

• What was a goal that you ended up not achieving and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied in July 2013 - got a call back to set up a HR phone interview for 1 week later. Asked basic resume questions about my experience. Got a call the next day requesting I meet in person for 9 different interviews for 3 separate job titles available for 9 different teams. Asked some behavioral questions. Explained the job title, asked if I had questions and looked for how my previous experience would help me be successful in this role based on my knowledge of the firm, the department, and the role.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest problem in hospital systems based on my previous experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

initial phone interview only. 20-30 minutes with HR person. Was asked to go over resume and talk about my interests and career goals. She said the next step was for her to meet with the other HR people, discuss each candidate's interview and consider them for any open position that they qualify for.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions- what are your career goals, strengths & weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Thirty minute phone interview followed by a two on one interview. The first interview was very basic and easy. The second interview asked a few behavioral questions. All employees were eager to talk about the company. No surprising questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was extremely difficult to answer. Make sure you have questions lined up to ask and know a lot about the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interviews. Very standard questions and procedures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Referred by a friend. Received call in couple days. Job is all customer service/relationship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult customer you have dealt with and how you dealt with him/her.   Answer Question