Advisory Board Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a friend and got call within few days. there were two phone interviews and one onsite. The first phone interview was a casual one describing about the comapny and the position. The second was the 1 hour technical interview in which was asked questions on OOD and SQL.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The Engineering department of Advisory Board(Crimson) came to our career fair. Initially they were looking for Computer Science Undergrads or Grads. Though I am from Information Systems background I have a good knowledge of the CS subjects and thus gave them my resume. After few weeks I got a mail from them regarding a scheduled on-campus interview. It was also astonished to me that they have called a lot of people from my department(As people from Information System background hardly get call from Computer Science based companies).
    During the on campus interview the interviewer asked me to write a program. The program was given an array of integers find the two numbers that sum to a particular number. I gave a very efficient nlogn solution for which he praised me. Then he asked be some questions related to physics and a puzzle. At last he asked to sort an array with million numbers which contains only 0's and 1's. For this also I gave a very efficient solution. I wrote the algorithm for 3 way quick sort(Dijkstra's Dutch national flag problem) which is one of the best sorting algorithm to sort array with duplicate numbers. At last the interviewer handed me a designing problem which I have to mail them back within a week. I was really satisfied with my performance and was hoping to get a second round of interview call but to my astonishment I got a rejection mail. I really cannot believe why I got a rejection. Feeling very devastated after getting rejected when my interview was really very good.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy. The designing problem was some what abstract but again there is no right or wrong for a designing problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (New York, NY).

Interview

advisory contacted me through linkedin. first was a hr phone call.
    she set up a technical phone call.
    after the technical call was forwarded an in person interview was scheduled for 3 hours.
    total process took about 3 months

Interview Questions

• in technical phone call questions were all basic on sql, html, js and php.
      previous company agile process. explain mvc pattern through a registration form.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The recruiters were on campus where they held the 1st round of interview. it lasted for around 45 minutes and was a technical round. The interviewer was knowledgeable and knew what they were asking about. The technical questions were designed such that multiple answers were possible

Interview Questions

• time complexity of the proposed solutions and discussions if better methods existed   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied through school career fair. During that they tell me the date of the school interview, but no other information about this interview. Then process took more than 1 week. Ask me to schedule a time to attend school interview. 45 mins white board interview.The guy was nice, he provided me 3 questions and ask me if I have questions for them.

Interview Questions

• 1) 8 balls , one heavier than others.
      2) sum two number from an array to get the certain value
      3) shuffle cards.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I got the interview throigh a schiol career fair. They called me about a week later to schedule a follow up. It was super casual. The guy was wearing cargo shorts. He asked me three white board questions.

Interview Questions

• One was a brain teaser. One was about seeing if you could add two numbers in an array to get a certain given value. One was about creating and shuffling a deck of cards.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my school, had an on campus technical interview, then a series of phone interviews.
    Then we had a technical problem where we had to design an object oriented solution to a simple problem (we had two weeks to complete it).
    Finally an in person interview with 3 segments:
    1. Review of the object oriented project that you submitted online
    2. Tech interview
    3. Culture fit

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between abstract class vs an interface?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Coimbatore (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

1st Round: Technical Aptitude and Programming Round (which lasts around 90 min):
    2nd Round: Technical HR 1 (which lasts around 30 min)
    3rd Round: Technical HR 2 (which lasts around 30 min)
    4th Round: General HR (which lasts around 30 min)

Interview Questions

• Write a program to check if two strings are anagram?   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find FLAMES between two names?   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find the longest contiguous subsequence of an array?   Answer Question
    • How will you find a common phrase in two strings?   Answer Question
    • Asked to write an SQL query which is based on aggregate functions, wild card operators and joins   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Coimbatore (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Round 1: Technical Aptitude (15 questions), two programming question(Data Structures) and 3 DBMS queries
    Duration : 1 hour 15 minutes

Round 2: Technical HR - Data Structures

Round 3: Technical HR - DBMS

Round 4: General HR

Interview Questions

• Consider an array of distinct numbers sorted in increasing order. The array has been rotated k number of times. Given such an array, find the value of k.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

First round was technical aptitude which had 20 questions-15 MCQs with mostly DS concepts, 3 SQL queries and 2 programming questions all of which weren't too hard.
    Then there were 2 technical interviews and one General HR interview.
    The HR were friendly and supportive.
    Questions were mostly based on one's own area of interest.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures based questions like find the least common neighbor of any 2 nodes in a binary tree.
      Programming questions like write a program to print all 'n' digit numbers with their digits in ascending order.   Answer Question