Advisory Board Dedicated Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Dedicated Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

3.2

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

Very best disorganized hr process. Took 2-3 months of being passed along through multiple departments until settling on this position. Multiple interviews with no offer and no explanation of what could have been done better.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client with an urgent request?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I was a referral by a friend who currently works at the company. Was scheduled a phone interview for a position I didn't even apply for. The recruiter who interviewed me seemed pleasant on the phone however she informed me that this would take approximately 30 minutes. Which I found oddly short for an interview. Even if it was a screening. The questions that were asked were your basic "if this happened how would you handle it" questions used to gauge the type of person you were for problem solving and time management. Basic characteristics needed for a professional job. My main problem with this interview was that it was extremely in personable and I felt rushed the entire time. The girl started off pleasant but throughout she increasing became emphatic, as if she could not stand to be on the phone with me which I found extremely rude. After answering all the question I went over a couple minutes and she ended the phone call with the generic thank you we will follow up. Hangs up phone.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple important deadlines coming up how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2016.

Interview

Very Prompt to schedule the initial interview. Required some prompting after that. Maybe there weren't enough staff to follow up. Apply after September to be better prepared. Very cordial staff and very helpful.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and received a phone interview within a week. I applied for a different position but the company matched me to the job titled Dedicated Advisor. The interview went on about 30 mins. I had a nice chat with the interviewer and answered all of the questions but was screened out afterward.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why advisory board? 2. Do you have any experience in using data to influence policy?   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard from an interview coordinator within a week. I scheduled a telephone interview later in the week. The Interview was behavioral interview and Glassdoor has pretty much all the questions they asked. I got a rejection email a week later. From my research, it seems like ABC likes to hire within.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ABC?
      Tell me about how you would deal with pushback from doctors, CEOS, etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

The phone interview took 30min. A simple and easy interview process. It seems like the interviewer is just to facilitate the interview and record down our answers. The ones who made the hiring decision is someone else. I spoke to other alumni who work at ABC and I could sense the organization is not very structured.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

One week before the interview dates, HR sent me a .xcl data set (case study) to intemperate and create a 15min ppt presentation. The interview consisted of 3 60min interviews with directors of the program. Interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and high level knowledge of healthcare industry. I presented the case study presentation to 1 of the 3 directors, who gave me immediate feedback on the presentation. After the last interview, they said that they'll make a decision 1 week later. They contacted me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple projects?
      Give me an example of a time you had to say "no".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was relatively simple. Understand that ABC is a healthcare think tank located in Washington DC. They don't get a lot of experienced healthcare professionals applying to their positions. Most folks are coming in with unrelated experience trying to "break into the industry". Seasoned hires should really ask for the moon during the interview process...chances are you'll know about the industry than the people interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly content/industry related for seasoned hires.   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

Interview

Personality Questions. The process includes two phone interviews then an in person interview with 2-4 members of the staff. The onsite interview process is a disaster. You may or may not actually interview with the individuals you are told. The interview process typically includes HR frantically running around the office trying to find someone who has the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, they stood strong

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

Fairly rigorous, very much looking for a cultural fit on the specific team you are interviewing for. There will be mostly behavioral questions as the Advisory Board believes they can train anyone on the specifics of the job (they're correct). Prepare yourself to ask questions about the role and about team turnover, especially the average tenure and the longest tenure. Turnover is a huge problem at ABC and the teams with great chemistry don't have much turnover once people have been with the company for 2 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate at all.