Advisory Board Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward, the interviewer asked me three questions one puzzle and two programming questions. I did answer the first two confidently and could only solve the third question partially and the time was up ( 45 mins). So i was asked to stop.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment - got an interview and wasn't able to fly out so had a phone interview. I didn't connect well with the interviewer (phone interviews are hard in general, plus I didn't feel like she was particularly warm or friendly). She marched through a series of questions, mostly related to my experience. Many behavioral questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision...)

Interview Questions

• General questions (why do you want to work here, etc.) and lots of behavioral questions: i.e. Tell me about a goal you set and whether you reached it/how   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed and straightforward. They started by asking me three puzzles/riddles and asking me how I would solve them. And then they asked me three programming-based questions about data structures/algorithms.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions on data structures and gave me simple problems on sorting algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two rounds of interview- one on the phone and one in person. The in person interview had four people. All very nice and friendly. Two rounds of interview- one on the phone and one in person. The in person interview had four people. All very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

I had another job with a better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a first a phone interview which asked pretty basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Then if they saw fit they would invite you for a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about priority/time management skills.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straightforward. The first step involved phone screening with a recruiter from Human Resources. Next, I was brought in to meet who would become my manager, followed by an interview with her manager. It was mostly a behavioral interview. I spent a good portion of the time asking them questions about the position and what it entailed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

A two week process. Interviewed with HR and then the head of my department. Very friendly and fast process. Performed the interview with the head of the department via skype.

Interview Questions

• How do you get things done (Do you need someone to hold your hand or are you able to do it on your own)?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Coimbatore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a 2-day campus hiring process. They had shortlisted three hundred odd candidates for the written test from their resumes.

Written Test : It was a 2 hour test on general aptitude, C programming, little on OOP concepts and 2 programming questions to check your ability on programming and algorithms. The unusual part was that the test consists of objective type questions without options, i.e write the output/ answers to the question. The two programming questions were on array based, string based.

Group Discussion: They had filtered us to 17th of the written test strength. It happened on the same evening. Not many get eliminated in the GD unless they have very poor communication skills. They will approve you if you have the content right even though if your language is not very commanding.

Technical Discussion: Most of the discussion goes on the solutions to the written test and they will want to know how you arrived at the answer. They do not want people who ended up cracking the test by mere fluke or blind concepts. Understand the concepts, know the fundamentals and explain the solution in a simple manner. Specially, the programming questions. They would want to know if you have the right foundation in algorithms. Concepts on Big o and optimization of the solution what you have written. Make sure you learn the best solution before the interview even if you dint write the best solution. They might want to know if you have really mulled on the problem which was thrown at you.

Apart from the test questions, they might cover a few projects in your resume. Explain with clarity and conceptually. Make sure you act as a team player and not dominating team member. Take ownership of your piece of work but give due credits to the team members too. They respect that too.

Few questions on your expectations on the internship and if you have any offer from other companies. They would appreciate if you have experience working as an intern in any other company prior. They expect the candidate to be an all rounder and also passionate about technology.

They take a note of everything you say and claim. They actually create a short profile observation from your performance. Not everyone get passes through this round. Only 18 cleared this round.

HR Round: They don't want mere programmers. They need ambitious, genuine, enthusiastic people. This round is just to see if you have the maturity to get settled in their environment. Its usually the management team which takes these rounds, and all of them are highly qualified experienced people. You will answer crisp and to the point for their questions. Few technology questions might me put up to see your passion on it. Mostly its about your personality and interests. They would want to see what really interests you. Take accountability for whatever you state.

They hired 12 of us finally. They usually don't hire freshers. But we were the second batch to get experimented as interns. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• If you want to be a specialist on a specific area or an all rounder?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Excellent learning curve and great work culture. Ambiance is great with some time for work and equal amount of time to play. Internship projects are really trendy where they put you through a lot of deadlines and delivery, which leads you to learn more eventually to be on our toes all the time. Stipend is good/decent. I would recommend this internship for every fresher.