Advisory Board Associate Director, Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Associate Director, Business Development Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

Originally applied online after speaking to a friend of a friend who works in DC in their human resource department. Spoke to her about opportunities at the advisory board, and she told me to apply seeing that I had what it took to work there. Had a second interview to determine where I would fit in at the company. This recruiter determined that I was more qualified to be an external Associate Director. Two weeks later I interviewed again on the phone with a higher up recruiter. She did not seam personable at all; however, I know I did well on the interview as my first contact informed me I was to be asked to come to DC to do a final panel interview. For some reason they never returned my phone call, and when I did call after 2 weeks to determine what the next step was, no one ever answered or returned my phone calls.

I think the company is good for someone who is not really sure what they want to do in the Healthcare consulting industry. The company has a very young culture which I think is it's downfall. I am a financial MBA and this was a fallback, I found interviewers at major financial institutions much better than the three interviews at the Advisory Board.

Interview Questions

• What are important traits you can contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2009.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. 6 Managing Directors for the in office interview. If you can't convince them that you can speak with a hospital executive, don't bother.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Thre was no negotiation. 90000 salary, 10000 draw. The draw never goes away. 1st year in BI they suggest that the cash incentive can range from 10k-40k. Second year: 50k-100k with the best as high as 200k. After that ince3ntive pay can reach the high six figures.

Associate Director, Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2011.

Interview

The process was quick from beginning to end, although I waited two weeks with absolutely no contact just to hear I did not receive an offer. I would have liked some contact during that time, especially after having left a thank you VM and email requesting next steps. Everyone was friendly, but if you don't fit the culture, don't bother. I met with 4 exec directors/managing directors and gave a presentation on materials they sent, which was pretty easy. It really was all about culture and convincing them I could achieve really difficult goals.