Advisory Board Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

202 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

First round: 30 min phone call with recruiter. Fair questions about interests in healthcare and details on resume, educational background. Provided clear information about next steps in the interview process and when I could expect to hear back. Interviewer left time for my questions and answered fully.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a half hour phone interview with a HR recruiter. They told me they'd get back to me within the next week regarding whether I'd been selected to move forward in the interview process. I never heard back from them, even after e-mailing the HR recruiter who set up my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a past research project?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you would do differently (regarding a past research project)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

First round: phone call with a recruiter with typical behavioral questions, though did ask why I chose my majors and the university I attend. The second round was on site in DC where you have 3 behavioral and 3 cases. Each round has 1 behavioral and 1 case. The interviewers were super helpful when you got stuck, but it's super important to ask questions and to have an understanding of case interviewing. Having an understanding of healthcare would be helpful in being creative but not necessary, as though 2 of my cases were healthcare focused, they were looking more at strategy than knowledge. Overall, the people were awesome and really easy to talk to. It was like a conversation throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in healthcare? What experiences have you had that equip you for this job? Resume run through   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR and asked general questions (ie. why are you interested in the Advisory Board, etc.). The second round interview consists of a timed case study writing sample and case study style interview. The interview was conducted by someone in the department I would actually work in.

Analyst, Research & Insights Interview

Interview

The Advisory Board Company process includes a lot of behavioral questions at the beginning, and then case interview questions towards the end. Would recommend a lot of practice with case interview questions. Also make sure to familiarize yourself with the company's mission

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Applied with a resume and cover letter and then had a first round phone interview. A week later I had a 90 minute writing assignment and then a second round phone interview. A week later I heard a response back that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one piece of feedback you have gotten on your writing and how have you incorporated that into your writing process?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied for the RA position online and received an email within a month or so to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The reviews/interview questions on glassdoor were precisely what I was asked for the first round. Things like why are you interested in ABC, what is something you would recommend to faculty to change about your college, how do you stay organized, etc. I heard back within about a week or less for a second round interview with a manager via telephone. Both interviews were half an hour exactly. The manager described the position/responsibilities, answered my questions, and asked a few behavioral questions like how would I prioritize two important projects, when have I received criticism on my writing and how did I use it, why I want to start with this position, etc. As well as asking me about my qualitative research background/experience. I'm in the process of setting up a third round in-person interview in D.C. will update this when I finish that part of the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had to recommend a change or provide a suggestion to faculty at your college what feedback would you offer?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized and prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Describe a research project you have done in detail (esp. qualitative projects)?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Interview process: 2 phone interviews and 1 in person. The 1st phone was with HR-basic questions. The 2nd interview was supposed to be case study style and was not (there was a writing portion here that was very easy and was technically case study). 3rd interview is in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a qualitative research experience. Why advisory board? Why research? How has your writing improved since college? Tell me about your writing. Tell me about your organization. Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was frustrating because the recruiters did not respond to anything in a timely manner. Additionally, they sent me a resource before my first interview, when I did not need the resource until the final round (in-person), and hadn't looked at it since the first interview. That said, everyone I met or spoke to was kind and wanted to see you succeed. It just wasn't a good fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email shortly after applying and set up 30 minute phone call with general questions; walked through details on resume and then questions about why I was interested in the company and said they would contact within the week