Advisory Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,108 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief phone call. It was quite difficult to hear the recruiters questions because she was whispering at her desk. I didn't like the fact that I had to keep requesting her to repeat the question, bc it threw me off from answering the question correctly.
    The questions were not difficult; 20 minute conversation. She was willing to provide a lot of information about the role and the steps taken after the phone screening. Response was given 2.5 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

You’re first contacted for a 30 minute phone screening, where the recruiter asks about your experience and describes the role. I recommend you take notes about the role. If selected to proceeed to the in-person interview, you’ll be asked behavioral questions, and the interviewers want to know that you’ve done your research on the role. For the in-person round, you’ll have 2-3 separate, 30 min interviews with different members of the teams for which you’re interviewing. Questions were generally the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2018.

Interview

There were two interviews with two separate sales managers. They were pretty straight forward questions about your experience and why you would be able to fit the job. Mostly behavioral questions with one outside the box question

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good at this position?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2017.

Interview

I applied to a different position but they wanted me to interview for their Sales Associate role as well based on my past work experiences, but then at the end I was told I wasn't fit for that role (which is why I didn't apply to it in the first place.) That was a little frustrating but overall the interview process was not too difficult and I really enjoyed the people I talked to. They ask a lot of behavioral type questions and I got the feeling they were looking for specific types of answers.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you think you'll excel at with this job and one thing you'll need to work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

You undergo a phone interview first, then, if accepted onto the next round, you'll go on-site for an in-person interview (usually with 2 or more members of the team you are applying for).

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a general interview with out a specific position. I was told by a recruiter that the position suitable for my profile is Associate, Business analyst and interview will take place on that position. After a phone screen, I got an automated mail on that weekend stating position is already filled.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied to Advisory Board through my college's Career Services office. I had a phone interview with them where they asked me the usual questions, trying to assess fit for the position. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. It was a good interview, nothing too hard, but I guess in the end they went a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the company?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a friend and got call within few days. there were two phone interviews and one onsite. The first phone interview was a casual one describing about the comapny and the position. The second was the 1 hour technical interview in which was asked questions on OOD and SQL.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The Engineering department of Advisory Board(Crimson) came to our career fair. Initially they were looking for Computer Science Undergrads or Grads. Though I am from Information Systems background I have a good knowledge of the CS subjects and thus gave them my resume. After few weeks I got a mail from them regarding a scheduled on-campus interview. It was also astonished to me that they have called a lot of people from my department(As people from Information System background hardly get call from Computer Science based companies).
    During the on campus interview the interviewer asked me to write a program. The program was given an array of integers find the two numbers that sum to a particular number. I gave a very efficient nlogn solution for which he praised me. Then he asked be some questions related to physics and a puzzle. At last he asked to sort an array with million numbers which contains only 0's and 1's. For this also I gave a very efficient solution. I wrote the algorithm for 3 way quick sort(Dijkstra's Dutch national flag problem) which is one of the best sorting algorithm to sort array with duplicate numbers. At last the interviewer handed me a designing problem which I have to mail them back within a week. I was really satisfied with my performance and was hoping to get a second round of interview call but to my astonishment I got a rejection mail. I really cannot believe why I got a rejection. Feeling very devastated after getting rejected when my interview was really very good.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy. The designing problem was some what abstract but again there is no right or wrong for a designing problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (New York, NY).

Interview

advisory contacted me through linkedin. first was a hr phone call.
    she set up a technical phone call.
    after the technical call was forwarded an in person interview was scheduled for 3 hours.
    total process took about 3 months

Interview Questions

• in technical phone call questions were all basic on sql, html, js and php.
      previous company agile process. explain mvc pattern through a registration form.   Answer Question