Advisory Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,108 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

I was referred through a friend and then went through a round of 5 interviews with various people on my specific team and the larger organization. I was offered a position about a week after those initial interviews and had regular conversations with my HR contact, who was really nice. I ultimately turned down the job to start something on my own, but it was a good interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would my previous experience allow me to communicate complex ideas to large groups of stakeholders?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, there was a phone interview lasting about 20-25 minutes, conducted by a relentlessly cheery recruiter. The questions were very scripted, and she was pretty repetitive with her lead ins, i.e. "I was hoping you could maybe tell me a little bit more about..." regarding almost every aspect of my resume, which she basically read out in order from top to bottom. Nothing too unusual there, but it might have had more natural conversational flow if she'd varied the transitions.
    The recruiter said they would follow up within the next 2 weeks, but very likely in 1 week. Thus far, 4 weeks later, I haven't been contacted.

Interview Questions

• There were very few direct questions other than expanding on what was stated on my resume. No behavioral questions or any typical "what is your greatest strength/weakness/how do you handle failure" types of questions.
      One thing they did ask specifically was if I had any other offers pending.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Five, 30 minute interviews with sales managers. There was an initial phone screening before I was flown to DC for in-person interviews. Once the in-person interviews were completed, I received an offer within days.

Interview Questions

• Broad based questions related to my past work experience. They asked me to give a mock client presentation.   Answer Question

Associate Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2009.

Interview

Originally applied online after speaking to a friend of a friend who works in DC in their human resource department. Spoke to her about opportunities at the advisory board, and she told me to apply seeing that I had what it took to work there. Had a second interview to determine where I would fit in at the company. This recruiter determined that I was more qualified to be an external Associate Director. Two weeks later I interviewed again on the phone with a higher up recruiter. She did not seam personable at all; however, I know I did well on the interview as my first contact informed me I was to be asked to come to DC to do a final panel interview. For some reason they never returned my phone call, and when I did call after 2 weeks to determine what the next step was, no one ever answered or returned my phone calls.

I think the company is good for someone who is not really sure what they want to do in the Healthcare consulting industry. The company has a very young culture which I think is it's downfall. I am a financial MBA and this was a fallback, I found interviewers at major financial institutions much better than the three interviews at the Advisory Board.

Interview Questions

• What are important traits you can contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Associate Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2009.

Interview

One phone interview with HR. 6 Managing Directors for the in office interview. If you can't convince them that you can speak with a hospital executive, don't bother.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Thre was no negotiation. 90000 salary, 10000 draw. The draw never goes away. 1st year in BI they suggest that the cash incentive can range from 10k-40k. Second year: 50k-100k with the best as high as 200k. After that ince3ntive pay can reach the high six figures.

Associate Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Made contact with recruiter through campus career services application. Recruiter reached out to begin an initial conversation to gauge interest and try to fit my skills with their open positions. After the conversation, recruiter set up phone interview with selected ABC group. After interview, I received contact from the recruiter regarding a second round interview on-site in D.C. with two members of increasing management positions within the business group.

Interview Questions

• Know which industry you are interested in, and drive home the point to focus your efforts on one.   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for a Sr.QA Engineer position after the first Hr round i was been told my profile is been re-consider for a Jr.QA Analyst position.

First round Tech Round normal questions answered all of them but unfortunately might be the interviewer didn't like it

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • Manual Testing or Automation
      (I said any they follow Manual)   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a 1:1. Phone interviews were with the parent company, 1:1 was with local company, Cielo MedSolutions, that was a University of Michigan spin-off that had been recently purchased. Advisory Board was trying to fold them in. Local interviewer made it clear that I was wasting my time, he was being told to hire a dev manager, but didn't feel he needed one. Technology was a fractured mix of intern developed spaghetti that they were furiously trying to rewrite and enterprise software Advisory Board was trying to fold them into. The local development leader spent most of the time complaining about the parent company, and I was clearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write random pseudocode solution on a white board to contrived problem as a thought exercise. Busy work.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter arranged for a second phone interview with a HR Manager a few days later. After speaking with the HR Manager the manager replied promptly and set up a technical phone interview the following week. The next week I had the technical phone screen which I was confident I did well. A couple of weeks later(during which I did not hear anything from them) the recruiter replied saying they wanted to arrange a second technical phone interview with one of their senior employees. However on the day of the phone interview I ended up getting a phone call from a different person and the correct person called up while my phone interview was in progress. Almost two weeks later I received an email saying I was not offered the position.

The whole process was slow and I felt the recruiter was extremely slow in replying to emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Object Oriented Programming concepts, method overloading, overriding,
      Sql joins, MVC pattern, different design patterns, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

a HR scheduled a phone interview one week after I applied online. No behavioral question. Just how many years of experience for each of skills listed on the job description. Then 1 week later, got a technical phone interview. I thought I did well over the phone but got an 'unfortunate' email.

Interview Questions

• whats' the template in c++,object,class.   1 Answer
    • in php, how to get variable value from url   1 Answer