Advisory Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,108 Interview Reviews

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

A HR phone screen then a technical phone screen

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between an abstract class and an interface   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I just got a initial phone interview in which they asked about the resume, projects that I have done till now, what were my contributions towards my team project and why I want to be a part of it. It was easy, the recruiter was very friendly but I didn't like the way follow up after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Campus interview. They emailed me about the campus interview and asked to schedule a time. They had 2 interviewers that day. It is not very hard though. The interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resume and projects. A lot of Cloud systems design questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, got contacted by a recruiter, normal behavioral hr questions like what do you know about the company? how do you think you are a match for the position ? describe a project in simple words, then a technical interview asked questions about JAVA, what are design patterns? explain singleton pattern where did you use it? you wanna validate an email address where will you apply the checks on client side or server side and why? discussion about projects, what difficulties you faced in projects and how you solved it? This was followed by a second technical interview : Delete a node from the Linked List given access to only that node, Design a parking lot, Find a loop in the linkedList

Interview Questions

• Delete a node from the Linked List given access to only that node, Design a parking lot, Find a loop in the linkedList   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter schedule a call. And ask some basic non technical question. About my resume and project experience. Especially about how many years I have been working on a certain framework.

Interview Questions

• You a given 8 balls and one of them has different weight. How do you find out that ball.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2017.

Interview

I got the interview from career fair and was informed of a on-campus interview next day. The recruiters are super friendly. They let me talked about my resume and then gave me a technical question. The total process took 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Minimum number of cakes can be cooked based on recipe and what you have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board (College Park, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus, had a talk with an HR person over the phone. She seemed friendly and asked me about my liking and told me what their company really does.
    The interview round: The interviewer was pretty bored from the 1st instant, and didn't seem much interested in the process. It consisted of 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• how do you randomly pick a number
      How to stop a number to generate again and again   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, you need to prepare well for coding questions which is nothing new. I was interviewed on campus and next step was on-site interview. The process was smooth, it was a 45 min on campus interview and they had brain teasers as well as coding questions on time complexity, lists, arrays etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited my college campus through a STEM fair. I sent in my resume and applied online. I was then contacted within two weeks telling me that they would like to have an one to one technical interview on campus the following week.

I have made it through this round and now will give a presentation over any project that I have done over Skype. (Currently awaiting results from presentation round)

Interview Questions

• Give all the benefits and disadvantages of using a hash table.   Answer Question
    • Four people must cross a bridge at night and they only have one torch. Person A can cross the bridge in 1 minute, B in 2 minutes, C in 5 minutes, and D in 10 minutes. The bridge can only hold two people at a time. You must have a torch or be next to a torch to cross the bridge, and the slowest person on the bridge at any given time must hold the torch. What is the smallest amount of time that everyone can get across the bridge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Auburn, AL) in September 2016.

Interview

Basically technical questions, HR is super nice and friendly, he was trying to speak slowly to make sure I can understand the question. I would love to work with them.

Interview Questions

• There are 8 balls, one is a little bit heavier, how to use judge scale to figure out which one is that heavier one.   Answer Question