Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.5

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

Competitive position. Employer is looking for someone who knows CEO's of hospitals to target as members. Strong GPA required. Be able to walk through every previous position on your resume. They will ask you about everything. If you are a recent grad one of the questions was if you could change one thing about your school what would you change and why

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about your school, what would you change and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Fairly straight forward behavioral interview, it's very easy from the point of the interviewer to tell who's done their homework on the company. Standard questions about what the company does, why you want to work there, and what you bring to the table. It really helps to understand why healthcare (or education) is important in the United States right now, as Advisory Board advises almost all of the top leaders on the decisions they should make in response to the current market. You don't have to know healthcare entirely, or even that much in order to show your passion and interest for it. Being honest about your current knowledge will get you further than faking how much you know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview at school through Career Center. Recruiter described the job and then asked me to explain the aspects of my resume. Then asked me a lot of jobs about customer service - for example: "Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult customer, how you handled the situation and what you would do if you could change it."

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews and an office tour/breakfast with a current associate. The in person interviews are very fast paced so you have to think quickly on your feet. Make sure you know exactly what the Marketing Associates do and exactly what The Advisory Board does because they will ask in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does the advisory board do? Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and succeeded   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks, applied online and then had two phone screenings. After the phone interview was an in person interview with several members of the department. The interview was easy, low stress. It seemed like they just wanted to confirm you're a normal person rather than determining special skills and qualifications

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

phone call, interview in d.c., offer. recruiter read off a script was very nice and full of information about the position. asked lots of questions about what the company does and how your experience fits the role. company seems to be very young but a good place for recent college grads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with the Marketing chief of staff. It was mostly behavioral and I could tell that they were looking for someone who understood what the company did.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interview was your typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the person interviewing me did not seem too interested in what I had to say.

I was referred by an employee and the process was very slow. A couple of weeks went by and I had not heard back from HR. The process seemed disorganized and they were quick to ask what my salary expectations were which I believe was a factor in the reason why I did not receive an offer.

Overall not a very pleasant experience, the HR people were not very helpful of timely.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2014.

Interview

I would not recommend this company at all. I interviewed there and received positive feed back and felt as if recruiters were completely unresponsive. Clearly because of the young environment and thrown around "important titles" these employees feel very entitled. Which completely contradicts the company mission and values that drew me in from the start. I also thought it was VERY unprofessional to have a senior level "manager" who looked barely 25 interview me who clearly was tired and kept trying to conceal yawns the entire interview and obviously was not paying attention to me. The interview questions are basic and don't really drive at anything worthwhile. Getting hired here seems like a luck of the draw so good luck. Even if I got an offer I wouldn't have accepted it especially seeing as that pay WAY below the national average.