Advisory Board Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.6

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Difficult and time consuming-- it's an honor if you get through all the rounds.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I was referred in - definitely the best route to go at this company since they're huge on cultural fit. The folks in HR were extremely nice. The interview process was definitely tough though. The first round is typical behavioral to evaluate fit but there are several cases and typically a writing test. I felt the interview was fair though, no tricks.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer very specific questions about your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal room to negotiate but give it a shot

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

So far I have only completed the phone (round 1) interview and been asked back for second round interviews in a week, which I've been told will consist of a series of case style interviews and a writing exam. Phone interview was pretty straight forward -- a lot of questions about my education and my research experience. The questions about my research background were more in depth than I was expecting, especially given that I'm sure the phone interview is a simple screening process to make sure you're not crazy or an idiot. Case in point: at some points I swear the woman interviewing me wasn't even listening to my answers -- she would rotate between "mhmm" "great!" "yeah, absolutely!" over and over again in response to my answers, even interrupting me at times as I was speaking or when it didn't make sense to say "great" or "absolutely" at all, which made me feel like she wasn't really listening. Towards the end when opened the discussion up for my questions our conversation was much more normal and less "scripted" on her part though.

Interview Questions

• I had mentioned a research project/paper I had completed during college at some point in the interview, and she later asked me to walk her through my process (e.g. methodology, findings, impact, etc.)   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted about 2 weeks after submitting my application online for a first round phone screen. I was hesitant to even apply here because I have heard overwhelmingly negative things about the company from friends who have interviewed/worked there. Interviewer was pleasant enough but the questions were not standard phone screen questions- other reviewers have said what they were. About a week later they contacted me saying I did not move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was emailed about having a phone interview. When the time came, the interviewer was 5-10minutes late and the interview only lasted about 15 minutes. Very basic, didn't ask anything too difficult. Went in for an in-person interview. It lasted pretty much all day and included a writing sample. The case studies were difficult. My thought process wasn't quite matching up for what they were looking for

Interview Questions

• What is your writing style like? How would you change that to present it to a business party?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

3 parts to the interview: personal interview and case study with junior-level research assistants, 1 hour writing/research session, (lunch break), and another personal interview/case study with more senior-level research employees. Interview questions seemed repetitive, as if they had not coordinated with each other which employee would target which areas. Staff didn't seem unfriendly, but cold and unenthusiastic about the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied to Advisory Board online and received a request for an interview a few days later from a recruiter. The phone interview, scheduled approx. 2 weeks later, was very easy. No behavioral questions, nothing beyond my resume and why I was interested in the company. The woman interviewing me was very kind and professional. I was rejected 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I found it unexpected that no "true" interview questions were asked (only a resume review)   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was pretty straightforward - questions about experience and fit with the company.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Interview

Alumni refer, got back for phone interview quickly. Pretty standard phone interview style, covered same questions other posts mentioned. Interviewer seemed to read off a list of questions and really looked into your experience in healthcare industry. Same as other posts mentioned, if you don't have related experience, interviewer's interest went down as you could probably feel. The overall process was quite professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted shortly after for a phone interview (~1 week). Like others have said the phone interview was a very basic screening type. Basically just talking through your resume with someone from HR, with just a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• asking what I learned from every part of my resume, including things that would not be relevant to this position   Answer Question