Advisory Board Research Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Research Analyst

Advisory Board Research Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Nov 26, 2017

2.7

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

First round: phone call with a recruiter with typical behavioral questions, though did ask why I chose my majors and the university I attend. The second round was on site in DC where you have 3 behavioral and 3 cases. Each round has 1 behavioral and 1 case. The interviewers were super helpful when you got stuck, but it's super important to ask questions and to have an understanding of case interviewing. Having an understanding of healthcare would be helpful in being creative but not necessary, as though 2 of my cases were healthcare focused, they were looking more at strategy than knowledge. Overall, the people were awesome and really easy to talk to. It was like a conversation throughout.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in healthcare? What experiences have you had that equip you for this job? Resume run through   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was frustrating because the recruiters did not respond to anything in a timely manner. Additionally, they sent me a resource before my first interview, when I did not need the resource until the final round (in-person), and hadn't looked at it since the first interview. That said, everyone I met or spoke to was kind and wanted to see you succeed. It just wasn't a good fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on website and was contacted by a recruiting coordinating (not interviewer). They were a bit slow to get back (over a week to respond). I got a phone interview with a recruiting professional who was friendly. It was a 30 min interview that consisted of pretty generic questions -- behavioral, fit, and interest questions predominantly. The interviewer talked for much of it about the role and company.

Interview Questions

• Why ABC? What research experience do you have? Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round telephone interview was exactly how everyone else described it (i.e. research project, why your school, why advisory board, etc.). Second round was a 90 minute written exercise, case style, and a one hour behavioral/ case study. Make sure to send a follow up email for the written case exercise, because in my case the recruiter forgot to send me the prompt. Both written and verbal case studies were easier and more open ended than the cases seen in Case in Point. No math but certainly required structural thought. Both case study questions were framed as such: "what factors/information would you need when considering when..." Make sure to ask questions. That's where I think I failed. Nonetheless I thought I did quite well for never having done a case study interview before but I was informed the next day that they were no longer considering my candidacy. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Second round interview is half spent on behavioral questions/ one case study. Example of behavioral questions: ( I'm paraphrasing) "give me an example of when your research methodology led to erroneous results? What did you do about it?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief in person interview to go through my resume held on campus followed by two interviews held in the office. First was a basic case study followed by a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me one example where you showed your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Included screening with recruiter, hour-long Skype interview, and 3.5 hour in person case-style interview. Cases didn't focus on traditional math estimations, but focused mostly on logic cases. Some of them were more in a health care setting (also this company really likes "health care" as two words).

The wait time between the different stages was pretty long.

Still in the interview process, so I can't say what the compensation will look like or if I will accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

First step: phone interview (resume, experience, why ABC)
    Second step: one hour Skype interview (resume, experience, why ABC, why this job, case study)
    Third step: invitation to DC office, 3 interviews (personal fit, case style) each one hour
    Did not get an offer; received a 2liner rejection email without intentional and targeted feedback. After putting a lot of work into this - very disappointing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview the following week. The recruiter just asked several general and not tough questions. But then, no response for long time, like 2 weeks, even though I emailed her twice.

And around 4 weeks after I took the phone interview, they sent me an email saying that they choose to move forward with another candidate…..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone interview which was all behavioral. Was invited to their DC office for further interviewing. Three sessions of cases and behavioral. They really want someone who is specifically interested in health and medicine.

Interview Questions

• Asked to elaborate on past research experience and why I was interested specifically in the advisory board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview--contacted by email. Be able to explain a time you went through a research process and why you're interested in the company. Tell them why you enjoy research and why this particular position excites you or is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Simple process with basic questions to get to know you.   Answer Question