Advisory Board Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Comfortable and clear, very easy to work with. Had a first round for HR, another one for a manager and then a writing test. The final round was a case on site.

Interview Questions

• Research, research, research. And always to go over who I am and why I'm interesting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Northampton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty nice phone interview. About 20-30 minutes long. Pretty much what you will expect: tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, past research experience (in detail), why the Advisory Board Company, etc. They got back to me in about a week, telling me they went with another candidate. But it was a good interviewing experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview

After applying online, they scheduled a phone interview. The total interview is about 15 minutes.
    Traditional and regular questions about your resume and past experience. They will ask for specific questions about the position you applied. Therefore, focusing on the specific skills related to the position is important.

Interview Questions

• Why the advisory board company?
      Did you do any research projects before?
      How did you deal with the research processes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later for a phone interview with a recruiter. The conversation lasted about 30 minutes and mainly involved answering behavioral questions, as well as explaining my interest in working at the company. As other reviews on this site have mentioned, be prepared to speak extensively about research experience. I was asked about that and had to explain everything from methodology, to findings, and limitations. A few weeks after my initial interview, I was contacted for a second phone interview with an employee at the company. This round involved completing a writing test, as well as discussing a case with the manager for the last 15 minutes of our 45 minute conversation. Prior to discussing the case, I was asked to speak about my research again, and to walk through my resume. The case was definitely challenging but the instructions I received were clear and the advice on this site definitely helped. I would read up on how to assess case questions prior to the interview--preparation is crucial!! Like other reviewers said, it can take up to a month to hear back in between rounds, so I am still waiting. I will update my review when I get a definitive yes or no, but for now I said I have not received an offer yet.

Overall the experience has been positive in terms of knowing what to expect and speaking with polite representatives from the company, but it definitely is one of the more difficult interview processes I have encountered thus far. I

Interview Questions

• Describe research you have conducted and explain your topic, methodology, findings, conclusions, and what you would have done differently.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2015.

Interview

Got referred by an employee, and got an interview 1 week later. The interviewer was aloof, didn't sound like she was at all interested. Sounded like an HR person who didn't know much about the position but was looking for key words.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strenghts? Weakness?
      Why do you want to work for The Advisory Board Company?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter was very nice and communicative with me. Overall I find phone interviews to be very awkward and that I don't do well in them. Every question I was asked during the screen is on glassdoor. I was contacted the next day to set up a 1-hour phone interview and 90-minute writing test. I will update my review if I make it to an in person interview after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a Research project in depth.
      Walk me through your resume.
      Why did you choose your university?
      What advice would you give your university to improve something there?
      Describe your writing style and how it has changed.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Interview

I have been in constant contact with a current employee at the Advisory Board Company. When a position opened up, she was able to do an internal referral for me. HR contacted me the next day and I was able to schedule a phone interview a week later. The interview process took 25-30 minutes, with standard resume type questions. HR contacted me a week later to update me.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred to this position by a campus recruiter at my school. The 1st round was a brief phone conversation with recruiter; the 2nd round included an online writing exercise and a phone interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research experience in depth, why did you choose your college, what would you improve about your school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

Average interview, long process, great learning experience. First interview was conducted via phone with a recruiter asking rote questions. Second interview was with a manager of the research team. Third interview is supposed to last at least three hours. Case interviews are a thing here, people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted application, received a phone call, then was flown to DC for an in-person interview. I entered the building and sat waiting for my interview with at least 10 other applicants.

Interview Questions

• 'Case Study questions' that are not case studies at all. They ask general questions and are conducted by younger staff members who seemed to be quite disinterested. The question asked about optimizing a plan for research in higher education. More of a focus on your process it seemed than anything else.   Answer Question