Advisory Board Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a half hour phone interview with a HR recruiter. They told me they'd get back to me within the next week regarding whether I'd been selected to move forward in the interview process. I never heard back from them, even after e-mailing the HR recruiter who set up my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a past research project?   Answer Question
  • Is there anything you would do differently (regarding a past research project)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR and asked general questions (ie. why are you interested in the Advisory Board, etc.). The second round interview consists of a timed case study writing sample and case study style interview. The interview was conducted by someone in the department I would actually work in.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Applied with a resume and cover letter and then had a first round phone interview. A week later I had a 90 minute writing assignment and then a second round phone interview. A week later I heard a response back that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one piece of feedback you have gotten on your writing and how have you incorporated that into your writing process?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Interview process: 2 phone interviews and 1 in person. The 1st phone was with HR-basic questions. The 2nd interview was supposed to be case study style and was not (there was a writing portion here that was very easy and was technically case study). 3rd interview is in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a qualitative research experience. Why advisory board? Why research? How has your writing improved since college? Tell me about your writing. Tell me about your organization. Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email shortly after applying and set up 30 minute phone call with general questions; walked through details on resume and then questions about why I was interested in the company and said they would contact within the week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an HR screening, followed by a one hour phone call with a senior consultant (behavior and case). The phone call was great, the interviewer was excited to be talking to me and was clearly prepared for the case we did. Final rounds were three back to back interviews at the DC office. Unfortunately the managers and executives were clearly not as enthusiastic, intellectual or passionate about the work that they do. The firm is filled with incredibly intellectual, driven and smart people who want to make a difference with the work that they do. I did not get the same vibe from management.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: why your major? Tell me about your research, why is it important?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

After my resume was submitted as a referral, I received an email contacting me to set up a phone interview for a Research Associate position referenced in the email. My phone interview was a pleasant experience. It lasted about half and hour and mostly consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. At the end, the interviewer said I would be notified via email in the next week if I made it to the next round. Unfortunately, I did not, but my experience with the company was still positive.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and contacted to schedule a phone interview after they received my resume and cover letter. The interview questions were standard and I did well. Basically asking about my research style, a time I've received negative feedback on my work, how I stay organized and why I want the job. The interviewer was pleasant but not going out of her way to engage with me. It seems as though they already had their mind made up before the phone call. They contacted me 3 days later telling me they were no longer pursuing my candidacy. Overall, I would recommend applying. I just don't think I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you received negative feedback on a project or assignment and how did you react or improve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about 5 days later asking to set up an interview with a recruiter. The interview was 20-30 min long. I received an email several hours after that interview stating that I had moved on to the second round, which consisted of a 90 min writing exercise and a 1 hour phone interview. I was told the phone interview would be both behavioral and case-based, and they even included a flyer on case interviews. Interestingly, when the phone interview began, the two individuals announced that it would be a 30 min behavioral interview (no case). Eight days after the interview and writing exercise, I was asked to come to the DC office for the 3rd round interview. This consisted of 3 back-to-back case interviews. The process was exhausting but the interviewers couldn't have been more pleasant. It was a very enjoyable experience. One week later, I received a call stating that I had been offered the position of Research Analyst (one level above Associate). The recruiter stated this was because of my writing sample and case interviews. I had also told them that I had another offer for the Analyst position at another consulting firm, which I think also influenced the offer. I ended up declining and accepting the other offer because of a salary difference, however I really enjoyed the experience with ABC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen with an HR representative followed by a writing sample screen and phone call with another member of the research department. HR representative was pleasant and friendly as was everyone else I interacted with during the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe any formal business writing you have completed. What was the format?   Answer Question