Advisory Board Research and Insights Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Research and Insights Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic questions about my background. Asked me why I was interested in the position and the company. Phone interviewer seemed nice but was hard to read.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the Advisory Board company?   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in the Analyst position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online, was contacted about a week later for phone interview with the HR, some unexpected questions during the phone interview but received email about 10 days later saying I did not move forward in the interview process

Interview Questions

• Please describe your writing style, how do you keep yourself organized   Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied online through my university's job board and was informed in about a week that I had been selected for a first round, on campus interview. The interviewer was young and had been working at the company for about two years. The interview lasted 30 minutes and basically consisted of the interviewer having a copy of my resume in front of her and walking through it. She didn't really ask me about anything that was not on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What advice would you give to your college's administration?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for the Advisory Board Company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online on their website and received an email after a week. Since I am a local to DC, they called me in their office for the first round of interview. They mentioned that they would have a second round and a writing test.

Interview Questions

• What suggestion would you give to the administrative in your college?   Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online, but I also had an alum from my school refer me. He works there already and has been with the company a few years. A week later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. So I did the phone interview, it only lasted about 15 minutes. The recruiter already seemed disinterested in what I was saying as all she said was "Mmhmm" and "Great!" the whole time I was talking. A week later, I received an email that I didn't receive an offer from The Advisory Board. The questions were pretty much everything on glassdoor. The recruiter seemed to be hunting for something though as she kept prying about my retail experience. I guess it isn't relevant to what they do, but the rest of my resume was extremely relevant in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What advice would you give to your school's administration?   Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Was contacted for a first round interview shortly after submitting my application. This was informal, with the general HR person, and pretty basic stuff. Awhile after, I heard back from Advisory for a second round interview. This was with 3 consultants on the team. It was a long process and involved a writing test.

Interview Questions

• basic questions, but I had some difficulty understanding what it is exactly that the research and insights team does........   Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Submitted resume through my university's job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview about a week later. The interview questions were fairly straightforward, mostly about my resume, my research experience, and a few behavioral questions. They invited me to interview in their DC office, which will happen in about a week. The on-site interview will involve speaking with 2-3 employees with case interviews and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What recommendation would you make to your school's administration?   Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

Interview

Interview with three people at progressively higher levels. First and second interview were behavioral questions, the third was a case. First interviewer tested my knowledge of health care since I had a background in the industry, which I wasn't expecting. Every single person I interview was late, which really threw me off. They interview hundreds of people a week, so in order to get hired you really have to stand out.

Interview Questions

• The case - about deciding which phamaceutical products to bring to market - was a difficult one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their website and the next day was contacted by a recruiter. I quickly had my initial HR screening round. Just as other reviews say, this was very scripted. I was contacted within a few days I would have a second interview that would be a case interview and a written. I have completed that and am waiting to hear back about a third interview, which would be on-site

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and the next day I was contacted to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. As other have said, the initial phone interview is largely behavioral. They ask you basic questions concerning your research experience, why you chose your academic institution, and why you are interested in working at the Advisory Board. The next day, I was asked for a follow up interview with an individual from the Research and Insights team as well as a timed, online, case-style question.

Interview Questions

• What would you ask your school administration to change?   Answer Question