Advisory Board Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward overall. Make sure you organize your thoughts and have clear examples of meeting a quantitative goal and the process you took to arrive there. For any sales/marketing/commercial team role, you need to show that you are engaging, energetic, professional, and a great communicator.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in August 2017.

Interview

first round is a phone interview, second round are in person interviews. the phone interview is 20-30 minutes and talks about the role/day to day. The asks questions on your resume and other behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you faced internally or externally and how did you overcome it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online through an employee referral for a different position. I heard back very quickly (within a day or two) and set up an initial phone interview. The interview lasted a little over 30 min. and the questions were very standard. The recruiter talked about both this position and the position I originally applied for. I was notified almost immediately after the initial interview that I would have a second round of interviews via webcam with three hiring managers for both positions. Each lasted about 30 min. and were structured relatively similarly. I really appreciated how fast-moving the interview process was.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

You will meet with multiple low-level Managers who will sit you down and make it seem like the job is something it is not. Remember, you will just be a tele-marketer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview first, and met with an awesome recruiter who asked mainly behavioural questions, as well as a few fit questions.
    Next, I went into the DC office for a preview day, relatively short compared to other super days I have attended. We had a nice introduction, lunch with a current MA, and then two interviews- one 1:1, and another 2:1. Be prepared with questions for managers, as well as examples of experience communicating with executives

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything about your school's administration, what would it be? If you had an infinite amount of money what would you add/change to your school? Why do you want this position/ work at ABC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was quick because I was an extern. I got an automatic entry level interview. There were two people who interviewed me in 30-45 minute increments, and all the externs had an opportunity to shadow a sales and marketing associate already working in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position on the Advisory Board website. Received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone call interview. The recruiter was very friendly and asked general/basic questions while reviewing my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your past experience could benefit you in the sales and marketing associate position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

After I applied online through the company's career page, I was contacted two days later by a company representative. She asked for my availability for a 1st round phone interview within the next two weeks. After, we set a date about 1 week and a half after initial contact. The reviews of the phone interviews, here on glassdoor, prepared me for the interview style which is quick and straightforward. We spent about 25-30 minutes on the phone and the interviewer said that I would be contacted 5-10 business days after the recruiting team deliberated to be informed whether I move on to second round interviews. The interviewer was polite and did not spend a lot of time giving me feedback on my answers and moved on to the next answers which I think is the style of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a friend. First round was phone interview with recruiter then brought in for second round which consisted of two 30 minute interview with Managers (2 at a time).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview was fairly basic. The interviewer called me about an hour early. We talked about my background and the company. She seemed impressed with my back ground, but also gave off the vibe that it did not align with their company.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in which you took a situation that was out of your control and made it yours   Answer Question