Advisory Board Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

2.6

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Went through an on-site interview on-campus and was invited to the DC location for Preview Day. Preview Day was informative and a great way to showcase yourself to the associates. There were presentations about the company, a tour of the company, and 2 interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, the initial phone screen was very one-sided and impersonal. There was no feedback given on any of my answers. I was supposed to be interviewed twice for two positions and they cancelled my second interview without informing me, which I felt was highly unprofessional. Despite these negative points, it sounds like a great company with a fun and young culture. ABC is worth researching for anyone interested in healthcare consulting and technology.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screen interview that, like many others have mentioned, asked practically all of the questions posted on here. Afterwards I was asked to attend the company's Preview Day to have a 1-on-1 and 2-on-1 interview after a day with a tour of the office and presentations to fill in on the company's culture. I felt very positive about the position after the presentations and really enjoyed the interviews with the people I spoke with at the company. It seems like an organization that has a good collaborative feel, even in a traditionally competitive department like Marketing.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you want us to remember about you after you leave today?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2016.

Interview

We spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes and she asked me basic questions. It sounded like she was reading off a list when she asked the questions, but I'd prepared for that so it didn't catch me off guard. About a week and a half later I was contacted about a second interview in the offices. My second interview is next week, so I'm not sure what that will entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted around 25 minutes. My interviewer called 10-15 minutes past the scheduled time, and whispered on the phone as if she needed to be quiet at her desk. She gave me a little information about herself at the beginning, and then proceeded to ask me questions. She did not give any feedback on my answers whatsoever, and quickly moved from one question to the next.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Participated in a Marketing Associate Preview Day at the DC Headquarters. It was a wonderful experience. The day was structured very well and in a timely manner. It consisted of one 2 on 1 interview and one 1 on 1 interview in addition to a tour and a description of their philanthropy events/culture. All of the employees were very friendly and professional. It seems like a very happy, and thriving work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't successful and how you approached it? How do you stay organized? What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Pretty standard- had an interest phone call with someone I knew worked at the DC building and then sent her my resume. She passed it on and got a phone interview which led to an in house day long interview where we learned more about the company and had three interviews. Questions were pretty basic- want to know how organized you were and explain a time when you had to be organized.One of the downsides, they were basically trying to glorify a job where you are cold calling 24/7 and even though there are incentives and perks making your goal it seems kind of high stress to reach those numbers.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you wish to change about your college/university.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. I applied through employee referral and was contacted 2 days after my resume was submitted for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 min and asked basic questions like "Walk me through your resume", "What is one thing you would change about your university?". The questions were definitely just to make sure you knew the role and your resume. A week after the phone interview I was contacted to come in for two in person interviews. They were both 30 min each and again very straight forward. Mostly they wanted to make sure I could prove I could multi-task and represent myself well under pressure. A week after my interviews I was contacted with an offer. The salary is a little lower than most entry-level jobs but the opportunity for growth is immense and after a year you can basically move anywhere in the company. My advice is read through the Glassdoor interviews because all of the questions are listed on here. It really helped me!

Interview Questions

• Pretend I am a high school senior and sell me your university. (Only tricky question I encountered)   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2015.

Interview

First i applied online. Then i was scheduled for the phone interview where they asked typical interview questions. The phone interview lasted for about 15-2-0 minutes. The interviewer first explained about the company and then after that it was question after question until the end.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews- the first is by phone and the second is in person. During the in-person interviews, there are several rounds of interviews that are sometimes one-on-one and sometimes two-on-one. The interviews themselves are relatively short and do not focus on any kind of situation related questions, rather they are more focused on personality questions. All in all, the interview process was efficient and provided a good sense of the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• What specific tasks that were outlined for the position did you most strongly identify with?   Answer Question