Advisory Board Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Senior Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

There were multiple rounds to the process: these included a first-round 30 minute behavioral interview, a 90 minute writing exercise, an hour-long phone case interview, then 3 final round in-person interviews, each one hour long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through referral. Had phone interview for 20 minutes. Interviewer seemed nice and I thought interview went really well. Received rejection letter, however, 2 days later. Don't know why I was rejected as I thought I really did a great job!

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, tell me about X experience on resume, lead me through process of how you solve a problem,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I have interviewed at Advisory Board twice (once for an analyst role and another time for the senior analyst role). Career management (Advisory's HR) was extremely unprofessional and unresponsive both times. During the Senior Analyst interview, the career management (CM) representative forgot to call me for my first phone screen. She then proceeded to schedule a future phone screen and called 15 minutes late for that interview.

During my interview for the analyst role, CM scheduled a Skype interview with a remote employee, however, this interview did not work. I was then directed to interview with someone who was not prepared or aware of my application.

Overall, I've had two bad experiences with the company and am not sure exactly what kind of employee the company attracts.

Interview Questions

• Describe an in-depth research process/question you led and answered.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Interviewer kept on postponing the interview. She was hardly interested in the interview.
    According to me the interview went great. But as they say these companies are unpredictable in their decision.

Interview Questions

• WHY ABC?
      You strengths?
      Described further about interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through referral and received email request for initial phone interview less than 1 week later. Set up interview time with recruiter, who called me at the agreed time; phone interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume.
      2. Pick a particular research experience and tell me about the rationale, methods used, and results obtained.
      3. Would you prefer to be placed on a qualitative or quantitative research team?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2016.

Interview

I got invited to do a phone interview through employee referral. The interview was cancelled 15 minutes before it was supposed to take place, and I was asked whether I could reschedule for the following week. I had no issue with this, however I never heard back after that, despite e-mail and phone follow up. I find this very unprofessional. I would have liked a simple explanation, if not an opportunity to actually demonstrate why I would be a good candidate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The phone interview was 20 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and walked me through her process (question order). She gave me an opportunity to describe myself and my interests first via walking her through my resume. Then we discussed goals and interests for the future. Then she asked if I had any questions.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone screen with an HR person. A week later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with two of their analysts and a writing assignment. The writing assignment was a 90-minute essay. The interview was an hour long, with a half hour of standard behavioral questions about my background and research experience, and a half hour spent on one case. Less than a week later, I was rejected via a form email. I had a sense during the interviews that the job was a poor fit with my background, which doesn't involve healthcare. The interviewers/managers were younger than one might expect when interviewing for this level of role, but they had both been with the company since college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward. I had a phone interview and a week later was contacted to do a written interview. A week after the written interview I was invited to the DC office for an in-person interview. The process is pretty transparent, everyone gets at least two interviews and a tour. If you're offered a third interview you likely will be offered a position.

The cases were pretty standard. My second case interviewer spent more than half the interview explaining her position to me (which was different from an analyst position). This left only about 15 minutes for the case, which threw me off somewhat.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I thought the phone interview went very well, I have a lot of experience in the field and answered her questions with in-depth examples. But it was very insulting that she sounded very scripted. I showed genuine interest, but was not given a second round interview. I just feel that it is not fair to have it up to a recruiter who has no background in the field to decide whether you're good enough. Unless you completely bomb an interview, I don't see what the grounds are. Of course when I sent an email asking for feedback on how I could have done better, I receive no answer. But I have heard a lot of negative feedback about their interview process, it's really hit or miss, it all depends on who you get. Not really fair.