Advisory Board Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for couple of positions. After few days HR contacted and it was formal interview call. Later next week they scheduled technical interview with one of their Engineer's. Answered all of the questions and they make you feel you are selected.

But after few days you will get standard email "I regret to inform you we will not be offering you a position with the firm at this time...." Initially I thought of may be I did not perform well at the interview. But same happened when I applied for other position after few week's later similar procedure and same reply at the end.

I guess they just do interviews even though their intention is not to fill in the jobs, please do not waste your valuable time. I urge you to go for other company and apply may be it's worth your time there.

Best advice to Company HR /Management /Leadership Team: Please do not waste such a valuable time of candidate unless you really need to fill in the position.

Later I got 2-3 job offers at other places where I applied. Was very upset with Advisory Board process and feel that I may not get job offer at other places after their results. Second time when I applied (I already have job offer) and was just checking to see if they really hire or it's just time waste process like first one. Finally proved they just kill your time

Interview Questions

• HR roud: It's easy they explain about their company and project(s).

Technical Interview: I can say this is pretty standard, if you have experience easy to answer all their questions. Questions from topics on your resume and questions related to job requirement.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2015.

Interview

It was long drawn beginning with phone screening (few weeks after online application), then interview with team manager (another couple of weeks), problem solving homework (after couple of weeks), and then finally interview with developers (senior and mid level). Finally, they closed the position down. It sucks a little. Both the interviewers were impressed. The recruiter came back with positive feedback. However, they chose to close the position down. Given amount of time I spent through the entire process, this was disappointing and slightly frustrating.

Interview Questions

• It was about my current experience and some discussions on best practices across various domains.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview

After submitted your resume, it takes them about an week to review and send email to discuss the phone interview if they think your background is suitable for the position. In the phone screen interview, it will exam your technical capability, especially focus on your hands-on experience of the skills listed in the opening description.

Interview Questions

• Questions in the screen interview are all technical. For python, like what data structures provided in python, how to manipulate them, like append, delete..etc. For web framework, like Django, they ask how to build the model, create foreign keys...etc. You're expected to give explanations of both concept and instructions to achieve these.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and went through phone screen. The in-person interview occurred 2 weeks afterwards. When the interview was scheduled they sent me a "coding" problem to complete for the interview with topics of discussion related to the coding problem. The instructions were to be prepared to discuss the solution to the coding problem.

The interview was 4 hours long and was with 3 people, a senior engineer, the dev manager and a lead engineer.

No one addressed the coding test, it was a non topic, my preparation and presentation was not reviewed with me.

Each interviewer, and for the whole time, had me solving coding problems on a white board. The coding problems were C# and TSQL

Note: be ready to provide code for solving fibonacci, and other classic code problems.

Observations: The expectations of an engineer there was explained to me to be coding first, then more coding and then after that more coding. Agile iteration were two weeks with deliverables monthly. This is definitely a young persons game, the idea of making good solid code not being emphasized by the short iterations.

Glad to not get an offer . . . I would have refused the offer (the money is not as important as the culture). The people were not friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write SQL on the white board (they were putting it into SSMS to test it) and then making the query more and more difficult.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds - 2 from Chennai , 2 from Austin

. . .

Interview Questions

• Understand how Amazon works
      Understand how Google works