Advisory Board Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advisory Board Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Advisory Board

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter arranged for a second phone interview with a HR Manager a few days later. After speaking with the HR Manager the manager replied promptly and set up a technical phone interview the following week. The next week I had the technical phone screen which I was confident I did well. A couple of weeks later(during which I did not hear anything from them) the recruiter replied saying they wanted to arrange a second technical phone interview with one of their senior employees. However on the day of the phone interview I ended up getting a phone call from a different person and the correct person called up while my phone interview was in progress. Almost two weeks later I received an email saying I was not offered the position.

The whole process was slow and I felt the recruiter was extremely slow in replying to emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Object Oriented Programming concepts, method overloading, overriding,
    Sql joins, MVC pattern, different design patterns, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

a HR scheduled a phone interview one week after I applied online. No behavioral question. Just how many years of experience for each of skills listed on the job description. Then 1 week later, got a technical phone interview. I thought I did well over the phone but got an 'unfortunate' email.

Interview Questions

• whats' the template in c++,object,class.   1 Answer
    • in php, how to get variable value from url   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

A HR phone screen then a technical phone screen

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between an abstract class and an interface   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I just got a initial phone interview in which they asked about the resume, projects that I have done till now, what were my contributions towards my team project and why I want to be a part of it. It was easy, the recruiter was very friendly but I didn't like the way follow up after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Campus interview. They emailed me about the campus interview and asked to schedule a time. They had 2 interviewers that day. It is not very hard though. The interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resume and projects. A lot of Cloud systems design questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, got contacted by a recruiter, normal behavioral hr questions like what do you know about the company? how do you think you are a match for the position ? describe a project in simple words, then a technical interview asked questions about JAVA, what are design patterns? explain singleton pattern where did you use it? you wanna validate an email address where will you apply the checks on client side or server side and why? discussion about projects, what difficulties you faced in projects and how you solved it? This was followed by a second technical interview : Delete a node from the Linked List given access to only that node, Design a parking lot, Find a loop in the linkedList

Interview Questions

• Delete a node from the Linked List given access to only that node, Design a parking lot, Find a loop in the linkedList   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter schedule a call. And ask some basic non technical question. About my resume and project experience. Especially about how many years I have been working on a certain framework.

Interview Questions

• You a given 8 balls and one of them has different weight. How do you find out that ball.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2017.

Interview

I got the interview from career fair and was informed of a on-campus interview next day. The recruiters are super friendly. They let me talked about my resume and then gave me a technical question. The total process took 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Minimum number of cakes can be cooked based on recipe and what you have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Advisory Board (College Park, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus, had a talk with an HR person over the phone. She seemed friendly and asked me about my liking and told me what their company really does.
    The interview round: The interviewer was pretty bored from the 1st instant, and didn't seem much interested in the process. It consisted of 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• how do you randomly pick a number
      How to stop a number to generate again and again   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, you need to prepare well for coding questions which is nothing new. I was interviewed on campus and next step was on-site interview. The process was smooth, it was a 45 min on campus interview and they had brain teasers as well as coding questions on time complexity, lists, arrays etc.