Advocate Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.8

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Apply online, Hr Called interviewed and scheduled a interview with the floor manager. Was very nice and understood that you might be nervous . Asked questions that I found on here.

Nursing Care Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to a job fair, it was pretty straightforward. I got an interview with a unit. I went to the interview and was called a month later with an offer. It was dissappointing, severely underpaid but I accepted with doubt. They set me up for orientation, and was sent to the wrong facility, very disorganized. I also had a bad experience in employee health when the medical assistant told me I was just a CNA, I made her cry that day. I decided not to go forward with them after the orientation mishap. I found a better offer to be honest.

Nursing Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Park Ridge, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied and got a call a week or so, asked a couple of questions then set up an interview with the unit manager, met with the manager and asked basic questions and then the team. One charge nurse, nurse, NCT. Got a callback within the hour and got an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question
    • Tell me three things about you that will be useful to the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself? And why did you pick this hospital and unit?   Answer Question

Public Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (New York, NY).

Interview

Great opportunities within the network. The department has room for advancement. If you feel that you want to make a career within the network don't hesitate to take advantage of the internal opportunities whenever it arises.

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked about strengths and weaknesses. Quick interview I was very nervous reading these review but it was pretty easy going. Relax be on time don't be nervous you will do fine

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

It was all your typical behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when..., or Describe a time when...

They where very nice and made you feel welcome which is unnerving. I would do a little preparing by having a few scenarios in mind but not memorized just have them ready and you'll be just fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback about yourself and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a co-worker and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell about how you handled a time when a co-worker did something out of line and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Downers Grove, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

The fastest and easiest phone interview ever. The Recruitment Manager called me and asked only two questions. Then invited me over for an onsite interview, and met with the Senior Recruiter (who is also the trainer), and had a peer interview.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an email from an HR recruiter I did all my interviews over the phone as I was applying out of State. From application to offer took 1 month

First interview with the HR recruiter (approx 20min): went over the position details etc
    Second interview with the direct HR Staffing advisor (approx 15min): went over my compatibility with Advocate Health.
    Third Interview with the unit manager (approx 45min): clinical skills question, scenarios, prioritization, also talked about how the unit functioned, what to expect etc.
    Fourth interview with two peers (approx 40min): clinical questions back to back. asked some questions about the job, unit culture etc

Interview Questions

• if you can change one thing about your course of career, what would it be   1 Answer

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was rescheduled twice and the manager was a bit late. She interviewed me for 10 minutes or so using behavioral type questions. After that it was general info about the unit and asked me if I had any questions. I was given a tour of the unit. HR contacted me 24 hours later to offer me the position.

Labor and Delivery RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lead to an in-person interview a few days after that. The in-person interview consisted of speaking to both floor managers and a peer interview with 2 staff nurses.

Interview Questions

• Priority questions - 3 patients call out at the same time who would you see first and why?   1 Answer