Advocate Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2018

2.8

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied to the position about a week later received a call from a recruiter. Set up the interview and was offered the job the next day after my interview. First you meet with the recruiter then you meet with the hiring manager.

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

First someone from human resources called me and ask me some questions regarding my resume. She asked me why I left my previous job, why did I choose to work on healthcare and why did I choose to Advocate. Then she told me that if my qualifications meet their needs the floor manager will contact me for an interview within one week. After four days some one else from human resources contacted me to schedule an interview. The day of my interview I went first to human resources office and had brief interview with the person from human resources who had schedule my interview. The she walk me to the floor manager's office where I applied for. He interviewed me and gave me a tour of the unit then a peer interview proceeded. A nurse and three PCA's were in the peer interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate because I had little previous hospital experience.

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR over the phone, was invited to the job fair, interviewed with several different departments, Interviewed with a nurse and a peer. Be sure to bring a couple copies of your resume and address both interviewers

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario based questions, describe a time when you worked with a difficult peer.
      Strengths?
      Weaknesses   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in March 2010.

Interview

At the time I was a college student whom had experience as a nursing assistant. I applied via the website and within two weeks I received a request by phone to interview in person. The process took about an hour in total and consisted specifically of a 30min interview with the HR recruiter. I was notified that the start date would not be for three more weeks, however I presented all required physical/immunization/TB forms. Honestly, the HR rep found it a bit odd but then suggested I could possibly start the next week. She sent me to interview with the manager who asked what I was in school for and what my goals were in life. The process took about 20min and she asked how much I'd like to make and when I could start. I was then sent back to HR and was formally offered the position there.

Interview Questions

• None, questions are common, like what makes a good team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in March 2016.

Interview

Started off with HR interview, then to a peer interview, to the manager of the unit I was applying for, and then back to HR. Mildly difficult interview, but as long as you prepare some situations that you can use when asked "tell me about a time when" it's pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted right away as they wanted me to start my physical and orientation as soon as possible.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It takes too long to get an interview or know where you are in the hiring process. Having a corporate filtration system with the hiring process isn't beneficial to know who would be a good fit for the position and the team they would be working with.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great I met on the same day with the Practice Manager and the District Manager as well as the office staff plus the Doctors in the office. Everything went smoothly we discussed schedules, daily activities and took a tour of the office. I was asked various questions just like at any other job interview and I did my share of asking as well. I was given the job fairly quickly and I was glad to have become a part of Advocate.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to Advocate?   1 Answer

CBM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Open and straightforward. They were very friendly people. You interview first with HR recruiter then you do another interview with Manager. After interviewing with the manager you then interview with some of the staff from the department. After interview is done you are taken on a tour of the hospital and introduced to the rest of the staff from the department.

Certified Surgical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back from a recruiter about a month later. She asked a few situational questions and went over my previous jobs. The recruiter went over a few options for open positions and we decided on which one to pursue and set up an interview. Next step was interviewing with head of the department then I was sent for a peer interview. A week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you had with a difficult co worker. How did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you correct it ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult patient?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle gossip in the workplace ?   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care.

Interview

Interviewer was timely, polite, serious but warm,up front with job responsibilities. With first interview no mention of salary was discussed, but she did say next step was interview with the department manager in which salary would be discussed.

Interview Questions

• How you'd be working for can you positively help the department   Answer Question