Advocate Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.8

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (New York, NY).

Interview

My interview was rescheduled twice and the manager was a bit late. She interviewed me for 10 minutes or so using behavioral type questions. After that it was general info about the unit and asked me if I had any questions. I was given a tour of the unit. HR contacted me 24 hours later to offer me the position.

Labor and Delivery RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lead to an in-person interview a few days after that. The in-person interview consisted of speaking to both floor managers and a peer interview with 2 staff nurses.

Interview Questions

• Priority questions - 3 patients call out at the same time who would you see first and why?   1 Answer

Coding Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in October 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview. Then the in-person interview with multiple managers and also coders. They introduced the position and discussed the company, the work, workflow, and daily activities. They asked about prior coding experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you made and how you handled or resolved it.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

It went really well, i was nervous but after starting to conversate i calmed down. They were looking for clinical knowledge and hands on skills more so than administrative skills

Interview Questions

• If a patient was irate and did not want you to make physical contact how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Patient Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR over the phone, was invited to the job fair, interviewed with several different departments, Interviewed with a nurse and a peer. Be sure to bring a couple copies of your resume and address both interviewers

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario based questions, describe a time when you worked with a difficult peer.
      Strengths?
      Weaknesses   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Park Ridge, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hr, next is in person interview with site manager and medical assistants. Lastly if lucky called back for a second interview with the head doctor. After if you are offered the job you have to do a physical and a series of other test that can take 2-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process overall went very well. This being my first interview as a new graduate nurse. I had two separate phone interviews with some managers from the HR department. After having those two interviews over the phone, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the nurse manager. However, she had opted to skip the interview with just her, instead of having me come back again to have a peer interview. Therefore, my in-person interview was with the nurse manager and two other members of management.

Interview Questions

• Other than the normal "get to know you" interview questions, I was asked a number of scenario question. Some pertaining to patient care and others pertaining to how I handle certain situations. One question that was asked was what would I do if I walked into a patient's room and found them unconscious. Another question I was asked, was tell me the steps to giving a certain type of medication.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who "screened me", after I passed that interview I met with the head recruiter, she wanted to make sure my experience lined up with the job description. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the Unit Manager. The same day I met with peers for a peer interview and was able to get a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Advocate?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It takes too long to get an interview or know where you are in the hiring process. Having a corporate filtration system with the hiring process isn't beneficial to know who would be a good fit for the position and the team they would be working with.

Business Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Downers Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Embarrassingly short, curt and unprofessional. This organization was unprepared when speaking with me, did not have a grasp of the job they were hiring for, did not understand the marketplace and when asked to clarify items in our discussion, I was told, point blank, "We are Advocate, we do things our way."

Interview Questions

• How I would handle working for such a prestigious organization?   Answer Question