Advocate Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advocate Health Care Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process overall went very well. This being my first interview as a new graduate nurse. I had two separate phone interviews with some managers from the HR department. After having those two interviews over the phone, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the nurse manager. However, she had opted to skip the interview with just her, instead of having me come back again to have a peer interview. Therefore, my in-person interview was with the nurse manager and two other members of management.

Interview Questions

• Other than the normal "get to know you" interview questions, I was asked a number of scenario question. Some pertaining to patient care and others pertaining to how I handle certain situations. One question that was asked was what would I do if I walked into a patient's room and found them unconscious. Another question I was asked, was tell me the steps to giving a certain type of medication.   1 Answer

Business Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Downers Grove, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Embarrassingly short, curt and unprofessional. This organization was unprepared when speaking with me, did not have a grasp of the job they were hiring for, did not understand the marketplace and when asked to clarify items in our discussion, I was told, point blank, "We are Advocate, we do things our way."

Interview Questions

• How I would handle working for such a prestigious organization?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 managers for a CRU position. I applied through LinkedIn as was contacted in less than a week. They were having an "Interview Day," so a lot of people were being interviewed. They seemed in a hurry. They didn't even introduce themselves to me or ask me to introduce myself to them, they just jumped right in with patient scenario questions. I felt like they were rushing me throughout the interview & I couldn't thoroughly answer my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I waited about two weeks to hear from anybody. I received an email to confirm an interview. I had an interview with the recruiter and the unit manager the same day. It took about 2 hours all together.

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an phone screen and an onsite interview. The hiring manager was professional but her two team members were not. The seasoned women who interviewed me interviewed me but appeared to be burned out with the work load and did not like her job. The male interviewer was very unprofessional and was trying to convince me that this place was not for me and was more in an attack mode during the interview. He definitely does not like his job. I have many friends in HR at Advocate who like working there in senior level roles and when I informed them of my experience they were surprised. I interviewed at Advocate's corporate office. I did not get the position but I do not have any druthers either way. The regret I do have is that it was 70's degrees in February and I wasted my time interviewing with HR professionals who were rude, abrasive and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure that you are interested in working over 60 hours a week ongoing and not having any work life balance. It is like this all the time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through an email within a few days of my online application. We both set up a phone interview on a day that was mutually agreeable. At the end of my initial interview, the recruiter set up in person, on the unit interview with a manager and a charge nurse. After that I waited around 5 days to get a response from them. Finally, I went to a peer interview and got an offer the very next day. Overall, the whole process was quite comfortable. Really nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation when you went above and beyond for a patient. Delegation questions.   1 Answer

Referral Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Brook, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

20 minute interview with Customer Service Manager , the interview was short and she had very few questions This was one of the first interviews she had done for these new position.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Lawn, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online one day and got a call back the next day. A few days later had an over the phone interview. The next week had a person interview with head of the department and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a patient crying?   1 Answer

New Grad RN Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted New Grad application packet by deadline. Invited to interview on panel day, approx. 2 months later; in-person interview by 1st then 2nd choice unit. Received offer 3 weeks later for 1st choice. Process took 3 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Healthcare Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very organized and everyone was prompt and professional, the receptionist was polite. The recruiter met with me briefly and took me to meet the hiring director. I spent quite a bit of time with her, almost an hour.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your career up to this point. She asked specific questions regarding my clinical and managerial skills.   1 Answer