Advocate Health Care Interview Questions in Oak Brook, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.3

Referral Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Brook, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

20 minute interview with Customer Service Manager , the interview was short and she had very few questions This was one of the first interviews she had done for these new position.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Brook, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The initial pre-screening was done by a third-party recruiter who apparently has worked very closely with Advocate for a number of years. It didn't feel like I was dealing with a third party at all. The in-person interviews - of which there were several - all took place on the same day. There was an individual interview with the hiring manager, and then separate interviews with another management member, and individual co-workers of the team.
    All the interviews were as expected, except one with a co-worker who basically bad-mouthed the hiring manager during the interview. Aside from that, everyone involved was polished and professional, and it really seemed like their HR did a very nice job about coaching hiring managers on how to interview effectively.
    There was a sort of "skills test" that was given as a take-home assignment that was geared toward determining if I actually had the skillset needed to perform the job. It was the first time I'd ever been given something like this, but it wasn't that difficult, since I had more than enough experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions ranged from the basic "What are your strengths/weaknesses" to more sophisticated behavioral based questions like, "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a conflict with your supervisor", etc.   Answer Question

Operations Improvement Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advocate Health Care (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Was interviewed by 2 people (Management Selection Consultant and Director of Ops).
    Thought the interview with both people went very well and the Director even commented that she knew I could definetely do the job and do it well. I applied for the position 4 months earlier and I asked if they were interviewing actively and I was told they were conducting 1-2 interviews per month and have not found anyone that they felt was a good fit with their executive team. Several days later I received a form letter email indicating they were going to pursue other candidates and the job was reposted again on the job sites. Also I Interviewed for a lower level position 2 years earlier with this same group and the Director said my name looked familiar but until she entered the room and saw me in person that she then remembered me. I asked via email for feedback regarding my interview and received no response from either person which I thought was very rude. Not at all impressed with this companies hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to break something negative to someone and how did you do it and how was it perceived.   Answer Question