Advoserv Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advoserv Interview Questions

2.6

Cls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advoserv (Fairfax, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty long with a lot of situational questions. I was asked of is as willing to work long 12 shift hours and that it was a trial run because it is a new site in Virginia. I was also asked about my experience, and when I would be able to start. I got an offer in an email the next day. And was hired within the same week. I was relocating so I accepted. But I regret it.

Interview Questions

• If an individual became aggressive toward staff what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if someone did not show up for a shift?   1 Answer

Behavioral Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bear, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advoserv (Bear, DE).

Interview

One on One Interview with the company supervisor and the second interview was with a supervisor for the group home I would work at. Then training, back ground check,,screening and physical, finger printing and restraint classes were to be taken to be effective

Interview Questions

• did you ever work with children with behavioral challenges.   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advoserv (Newark, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

relax and friendly, I had to fill out so many forms. some were repeated. the interview process lasted for about two hours, both filling out multiple forms and verbal interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work with individual with disabilities   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bear, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advoserv (Bear, DE) in July 2014.

Interview

You'll hear from the recruiter first, and will potentially interview with either a recruiter or the Director. The front-end process is quick, but background screening can take a while, if your former employers or references don't call back quickly. The interview was typical for the field -- though they asked behavioral questions, like 'what would you do if ... ' in specific situations. They seemed to genuinely care about the answers, and not just be checking things off on a list, though -- I was impressed by that.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly typical -- and definitely related to the field/position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to increase my starting rate by $0.50/hour based on experience.

Anonymous Employee in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advoserv (Branchburg, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Long and stressful they take you the process of checking your reference. Think physical which includes ppd test drug test left test finger printing even if u had them done already when u get your first check the take out like 1 something for you physical

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a parent yelling at you because their child dont have on what they requested for them to wear?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ringwood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advoserv (Ringwood, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

Paper application- no online fill out.
    Phone Interview
    Face-to-Face Interview
    Drug Test & Background Check

You work with one recruiter the entire time.

Oh, and they use a third party interviewer to follow up on your references. And they /do/ follow up.

Interview Questions

• "If your favorite resident is sulking, and you walk over to see what's wrong and they spit in your face, what do you do?"   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bear, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advoserv (Bear, DE) in August 2010.

Interview

Had two interviews (one each week) with several people each time. Some of the people I interviewed with were very nice and honest, and then the others I did interview with were just plain rude - well, they at least sounded rude and therefore, that did not give me a good vibe of how they would treat me if they were to hire me. I still have not heard back since I believe they are still interviewing other people. None of them seem to have a specific set of questions to ask, the questions kind of just flowed of top of their head which is fine with me, but that made the interviews way long for me.

Interview Questions

• "Can I really handle supporting three people?" This was not difficult, but do they really expect people to say "no, I cant"?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advoserv in July 2011.

Interview

Great company mission. Intelligent and thoughtful questions. Long delay for interview feedback.