Aegis Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aegis Living Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Concierge Interview

Interview

I was referred by a male employee of the company, emphasis on his gender. He was offered $14/hr to start four years ago. In contrast, I have a master's degree and four years of experience doing exactly what they are looking for and I was offered $12 an hour. Did I mention I'm a woman? I was told, "we need someone with your education, skills and passion but I strongly encourage you to get a second job while you work here." I live in the fourth most expensive city in the United States and commute 40 miles to work because that's how far away I have to live to be able to afford rent. $12/hr, a huge pay cut for me, would put me on the streets. When will companies learn if they want good people they can't treat them like slaves? I was literally told, "It's worth it just to get your foot in the door." Yeah right, so enjoyable to work there is barely notice the homelessness, eh? No thanks. I rescinded my application before the interview went any further.

Interview Questions

Aegis Living Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Aegis Living

We are sorry to hear of your experience. While we can't speak directly to your specific situation we would like to assure you that this is contrary to our culture, led by our President, Judy ... More

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aegis Living (Redmond, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was an initial phone screen followed by two on site interviews.

First interview I met with the team and supervisor. Second interview was with the VP of Accounting.

Everything was going fine until they went radio silent for over two weeks following our second interview. "We'll let you know soon" was the last I heard. This after already spending the previous 3-4 weeks interviewing?

I have no problem with you choosing another candidate but it's generally polite to inform someone of a decline if they've committed that much time to your "hiring process".

Interview Questions

• Nothing but the typical "tell me about yourself" type of question   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aegis Living (Redmond, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

This is a third interview for a leadership position with Aegis. I met with VP level and spent nearly 75 minutes. The contact was very thorough in explaining the purpose of the role and how it interacted with residents, other staff and the training / mentoring process. Pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions

• The VP encouraged me to ask any and all questions. The firm wants to ensure you are a culture and personality fit.   Answer Question

Maintenance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegis Living (Corte Madera, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Management will invite and screen candidates, informally at first. After informal meeting with Manager they schedule a group interview with 6 or so chosen candidates.
    Group interviews are not to the best advantage of a prospective employee, and can be a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to hit the ground running all day ?   1 Answer

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aegis Living (Issaquah, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called for an interview. When I arrived there were many other candidates there. It was a group interview , which I found very uncomfortable. There was no follow up as far as notification that they had hired somebody else.

Beware of Interview Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aegis Living (Corte Madera, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Invited to an open house and interview for Director of Operations. Accepted and went to interview only to find it was a group interview with 7 other candidates. I was totally surprised and would not have gone had I known it was a group interview. I should have been told. And who does group interviews anyways? They even break you into smaller groups to do a group exercise with other applicants. Really bizarre. Turned me off.

Interview Questions

• At end of group interview they ask you which candidate in the group you would pick for job. Huh? Really? Weirdest interview process I have been through.   Answer Question

Life's Neighborhood Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aegis Living (Corte Madera, CA).

Interview

Interviewed twice for this position - first in a group interview and then with relevant staff. Enjoyed the group process, getting to know Aegis staff. In a group, a prospective employee has the chance to get a good sense of the supervisor as well as learns strengths and weaknesses about oneself.

Health Services Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aegis Living in November 2011.

Interview

Had a casual 1:1 with the Executive Director that was very comfortable and informative. She was relatively new to her position and seemed committed and intelligent. The second interview with a Corporate staff member was somewhat informal/formal 1:1. The corporate person wasn't sure where we would conduct the interview, commented on my professional appearence while her own was somewhat casual, stated she was straying from the formal interview process and told me a great deal about her meteoric rise in the company. I assume she was illustrating the opportunities available with Aegis. She commented on her work habits which appeared to be 12 hour days with the occasional longer day and wanted to know if I was able to commit to the demands of the job as she put it. I asked for an organizational chart as it related to the position I was interviewing for and she briefly outlined it on the back of the job description that she provided me. At the end of the interview I had more questions that seemed appropriate to ask but 1 hour had already gone by so I refrained. I was given a tour of the residence. The residence was pleasant and well cared for. At the end of the day I think I could have worked well with the ED but had questions about "Corporate". I was not asked back for a second interview so I assume Corporate had questions about me as well.

Life Neighborhood Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aegis Living in October 2011.

Interview

The initial communication from the company for the interview was unprofessional; as the call was iniuated during the dinner hour at 1810. The request for the interview was within a few days. I was informed that the initial contact would be an introduction to company culture and a tour of the faciltiy.
    I was surprised, that the company culture was 'not' introduced; and a tour of the facility did not occur! What did occur was a group interview with 14 candidates and one company manager. Personally and professionally I was insulted. The interveiw questions were unprofessional; and politically unacceptable. Candidates utilized the time by explaining how many children they had, why they moved to this location, and whom employeed their spouses! I am still shocked by this experience! Baiscally what the interview involved was a "look over" by the manager--ugh :>(
    Upon completion of the first meeting everyone was informed that each of us would be contacted for a 1:1 within a week. I thought that perhaps that would involved a professional interaction; and I was willing to give them a second chance. Well it has been three weeks now--and communication from AegisLiving has been null.
    Given the initial unprofessional contact and interaction this company leaves the impression it would not being able to offer a position of growth; but 'just a job' where you would be expected to over extend yourself!
    As a human service professional I am surprised that this company provides services for memory impaired clients.

Interview Questions

• When running what do you do to break 2 miles? (Much of the group conversation was NOT pc)   Answer Question