Aegon USA Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aegon USA Investment Management Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn then had a phone interview with behavior questions, my profile was transferred to the director of marketing and I've never heard from them ever since. I sent a couple of follow up email and no response. There was a long gap from the day I submitted the online application to the date o received the call for a phone interview.

Credit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with two analysts and then they brought me on campus. No questions were extremely difficult and required a base knowledge of finance but nothing too intense. Three analysts rotated asking different questions, there was no specific order of topics covered- it was fairly random. Lots of questions about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement do you like to use the most to analyze a company?   Answer Question

AUIM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Solid step through process from HR to reporting Manager and work group. Interview session were appropriate in length and with the relevant personnell. Solid questions were asked and respective time for interviewee questions was allowed.

Credit Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management.

Interview

First interview was on campus after I applied online. Mostly behavioral questions (resume, tell me about a time when, etc.) and some high level economic questions to gauge my interest in the markets. Also talked about classes I had taken and books that I had read. Second interview was in Cedar Rapids at the main building with 3-4 analysts in one large hour long interview. More behavioral questions and some more in-depth questions on the markets and companies I follow. Everyone was very friendly and nice. There were no "bad cop" players that you see in a few other company interviews.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management.

Interview

It took about a month after initial application to be called, but after that the next two interviews moved quickly. The recruiter was very professional and forthcoming. The hiring manager was also very pleasant and came across as sincere. This organization strikes me as having some growing pains, but is headed in a positive, proactive direction.

Interview Questions

• It was regarding a project where unexpected challenges came up and how they were handled.   Answer Question

Interview

Phone screen and Face-to-face.

Licensing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called to set up a phone interview which was set for the next week. The phone interview was 20-30 minutes. I was called to set up an in-person interview the next week. The in-person interview first had me perform a typing skill test in the HR office. I was given a few minutes to practice and then could start the timed test when I was ready. It was filling out the fields in a database, copying from a hard copy. Then a person from the department the position was with took me to a conference room for the interview. She was very nice and asked basic questions about my experience. I thought it went very well but did not get an offer.

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me and set up an interview. She started talking about salary for the get go. I went on the interview. When go to the building I met with HR, she was very nice and personable. She brought me up to a conference room in two employees greeted me and walked me inside. There was a male and female. The male was the supervisor on the position I was interviewing for. He told me about the position, and the female just sat there. Then he asked me "tell me about yourself" I proceeded with the sh-peal and asked more question based on my experience. He seemed very sheltered like he had not ever worked outside of the company (found out that it was not the case by researching him on linkedin). He asked me question that were very entry leave while the female sat and watched. They were true number crunchers, no personality.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Do you think that you will be able to understand the accounting involved.   1 Answer

Accounting Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and talked with the firm at an accounting specific career fair put on by Beta Alpha Psi. I got invited for an on campus interview shortly thereafter.

Their application is incredibly long and is meant for a full-time hire, which is annoying if you're applying for an internship.

The interview was essentially what I expected. A normal face-to-face with two reps from the Cedar Rapids office. However, it was the shortest interview I've ever had. It was only about 20 minutes total. At first I thought it was because I tanked it, but after talking with others they had the same experience.

Unlike other professional interviews it was just them filling out a form with my responses to their questions. They never maintained eye contact and didn't seem interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to make an important decision without all of the pertinent information?   Answer Question
    • What's something interesting about you that we can't see on your resume?   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aegon USA Investment Management (Iowa City, IA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview questions included: why do you apply for this position? How much do you know about AEGON? What is asset allocation? What do you try to accomplish within 5 years? Why not public accounting firm? (I'm double major in accounting and finance)