Aera Energy Interview Questions in Bakersfield, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Aera Energy (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

I was in a contract position to hire. The interview was with HR only, which is not typical. Normally the hiring manager, supervisor, and a few team members will be present. HR is rarely a participant in interviews. I only had one interview, which is not normal either. Most managers conduct several interviews. The hiring process took 6 months, but that was due to bulk hiring at the time. Onboarding does take months.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Aera?   1 Answer

Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aera Energy (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

When I interview at Aera it was for the Admin Associate for the Belridge Asset. I met with the VP of Belridge. He was thorough in his questions but didn't ask off the wall questions.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with Microsoft products   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aera Energy (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a two stage process. One on campus which was fairly in-depth. They asked a lot of questions about the ability to work in teams. Then they asked me to come up to Bakersfield where the selected engineers were put through two rounds of interviews.
    One round was with the senior echelon of the company. Which was easier than the second round which was with the newer and younger engineers. They were less friendly and more business oriented.
    We also had to take a field trip with one of the engineers who showed us their offices and took us to the field to go see the plants and oil rigs they had in bakersfield. Overall interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what your opinion is on diversity   1 Answer

Reliability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aera Energy (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

there are two interviews. Both pretty in depth they ask questions I had never heard in an interview before. I had to take a test before the first interview. then both interviews where the same day.

Interview Questions

• what was the hardest thing I have ever done in a job and how did I overcome it and what was the out come?   Answer Question