Aerie by American Eagle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerie by American Eagle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Emeryville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call about a week later for a phone interview. That went really quick and easy. Then I did a one on one interview and that process went really smooth as well. The hiring manager had me fill out an application and then had me answer a few questions and that's about it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aerie by American Eagle

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Salem, NH).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and quick. First you turn in an application to the store you wish to apply for, and then if they are interested they call to schedule an interview. The interview is about 30 minutes long and is with the talent manager of the store. There were fairly standard questions including strengths and weaknesses and ability to talk to customers/people you dont know.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

I applied for the position in person and was asked to come back a few days later to interview. The interview itself was pretty laid back. It honestly felt like I was conversing with a friend. At the time they were just looking for seasonal help but after being hired I was kept on the schedule. I stayed at the location in New Jersey for 3 years and transferred to the location in Maryland where I worked another 2 years. Also, the company gives you a present from Tiffany And Co. for your 5 year anniversary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply online and after 2 days they called me saying that if I could go to a group interview the next day and of course I accepted, during the called she asked me a few questions about my self and also my availability. The interview was supposed to be at 10 am so I arrived there early around 9:30 am there it was already 3 girls waiting and then 3 more guys came in we waited for like 20 minutes and they took us to the basement "I think it was the stock room" also It was like 5 groups interview that day & when the Interview was over they ask me and other guy to stay so we could get a one- one instead with the manager. It was a Friday so I'm hoping they call me tomorrow Monday.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a bad experience in another store?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in one word   Answer Question
    • How would you teachers/supervisor describe you   Answer Question
    • Talked about your previous job experiences   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you at the cashier and is a very busy day and is a customer with a lot of clothes and want a refund   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I turned in my resume and received a phone call a few days later. I set up an interview and came in. The interview was very casual. A few situational questions were asked and I was given a personality quiz to take to determine my sales potential. Very simple. It seemed more like the interview more about meeting you in person and putting a face to the qualifications on your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions about dealing with customers, sales in general, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Grove City, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back, i spoke to two assistant managers. They asked general questions about how I would handle certain situations ect. The managers made me feel very comfortable and the interview went smoothly. They also called very promptly to offer me the position. The whole process went very quickly and efficiently. I obtained an application in person, handed it in also in person and asked to speak to a manager when handing it in. They called within a matter of days for an interview, offered me the job within hours of the interview and we worked on paper work the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer asking for an item in a size that we were currently out of stock in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Peoria, IL).

Interview

I initially picked up an application, then returned it a few days later. I walked in to turn in my application and resume and the Store Manager gave me an interview right there. We walked to an empty part of the store away from customers and other associates and she asked me a few questions. She must have thought my answers sufficient because she offered me the job right there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Buffalo, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I called the store and asked if they were hiring and the lady said that they were but they had no applications because they were back ordered and told me to try calling again in the future...Really? I decided to apply at a different mall and while I was there, I grabbed another app to take it to the other store (they're close together otherwise I wouldn't have bothered) I turned it in and about a week later I got a call from a manager asking if I want to come in for an interview a few days later.

I showed up and I told the girl who was the manager that I was there for an interview and she said "Yeah hold on I got something I need to do" she couldn't find my app behind the desk and I was waiting for about 10 min. I was annoyed and pissed off and I was getting ready to walk out when she finally find it. She apologized and took me into the fitting room area with seating. By then I didn't care if I tried or not. She asked me questions like "have you ever been in any competition where you had to get a certain amount of cards" "Tell me about yourself" "Why Aerie" "Tell me a time where you gave great customer service" "Tell me a time where you had to do a presentation in a group project" It was then my turn to ask and since I have another job I just asked about the scheduling and when it came out. I then had to take the personality test and that was it. She said she would give it to her manager and I would get a call. It's been a week and I still have not received a call but I didn't want to work there after that bad experience.

manager and other girls were not inviting at all and the scheduling would not work with my current job anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied during the holiday season. I dropped off my application and got a call a week later for a group interview. I arrived and we sat in a group while the manager would ask us questions. I always made sure to respond quickly and stand out from the other people who were there.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me is: What do you like about our company and what can you contribute?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Huntington, WV) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was great! I am in my local Aerie store often, and the lady who interviewed me was really sweet! I filled out an application on the spot, and got the interview right away.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to leave your previous job? What skills did that job provide you with?   Answer Question

Different job offer