Aerie by American Eagle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.0

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Yonkers, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Honestly the best interview, good to know about the company and be a firm believer in their vision. If you're doing it for the money this isn't the best place for you. Do it because you love the idea of body positivity and self-confidence as well as helping others, most likely will excel in this interview because personality and interest will shine through.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aerie by American Eagle

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (San Marcos, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store 2 days alter to introduce myself. They asked me to come back in two 2 days for a interview. The women was super nice and the interview was one-on-one. She just asked me basic questions, it was more of a conversation then just answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aerie?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you gave good customer service to someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was unhappy and you helped them/resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your outfit and why did you choose it?   Answer Question
    • How would your former supervisor describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Emeryville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call about a week later for a phone interview. That went really quick and easy. Then I did a one on one interview and that process went really smooth as well. The hiring manager had me fill out an application and then had me answer a few questions and that's about it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was hired on the spot for the position during a group interview it was not long the process took about a week for paperwork and orientation as well as training to be done.

Interview Questions

• What does the brands message mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Applying online was pretty standard and I got an email to call for an interview the next morning. The next day I went in for an interview. The manager who interviewed me was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• They generally ask questions about how you handle certain situations and who you are as a person and an associate to get a general guide of how you'd be at their store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle in August 2016.

Interview

Standard questions- they just want to make sure you are enthusiastic, hard working and are available for the shifts they need coverage (holidays are a big bonus) Wearing company clothing is a nice bonus! Not necessary but again a nice bonus

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Salem, NH).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and quick. First you turn in an application to the store you wish to apply for, and then if they are interested they call to schedule an interview. The interview is about 30 minutes long and is with the talent manager of the store. There were fairly standard questions including strengths and weaknesses and ability to talk to customers/people you dont know.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

I applied for the position in person and was asked to come back a few days later to interview. The interview itself was pretty laid back. It honestly felt like I was conversing with a friend. At the time they were just looking for seasonal help but after being hired I was kept on the schedule. I stayed at the location in New Jersey for 3 years and transferred to the location in Maryland where I worked another 2 years. Also, the company gives you a present from Tiffany And Co. for your 5 year anniversary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply online and after 2 days they called me saying that if I could go to a group interview the next day and of course I accepted, during the called she asked me a few questions about my self and also my availability. The interview was supposed to be at 10 am so I arrived there early around 9:30 am there it was already 3 girls waiting and then 3 more guys came in we waited for like 20 minutes and they took us to the basement "I think it was the stock room" also It was like 5 groups interview that day & when the Interview was over they ask me and other guy to stay so we could get a one- one instead with the manager. It was a Friday so I'm hoping they call me tomorrow Monday.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a bad experience in another store?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in one word   Answer Question
    • How would you teachers/supervisor describe you   Answer Question
    • Talked about your previous job experiences   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you at the cashier and is a very busy day and is a customer with a lot of clothes and want a refund   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerie by American Eagle (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I turned in my resume and received a phone call a few days later. I set up an interview and came in. The interview was very casual. A few situational questions were asked and I was given a personality quiz to take to determine my sales potential. Very simple. It seemed more like the interview more about meeting you in person and putting a face to the qualifications on your resume.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational questions about dealing with customers, sales in general, etc.   Answer Question