AeroVironment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at AeroVironment (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

Phone screen. Then a phone interview with the manager with what they are looking for and the kind of work they do. The question involved around particular skills. Nothing to complicated. They look for C#

AP Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AeroVironment (Monrovia, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Through an employment agency, had phone interview with agency, then phone interview with client followed by in person interview with client. No interview with Controller or CFO -position was a temporary consultant position.

Interview Questions

• How are you working with difficult people?   1 Answer

Director of Corporate Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AeroVironment (Simi Valley, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter interview, then with the hiring manager on the phone. A week later a face to face with hiring manager. Later that day, a 5 person panel interview. 2 weeks later a face to face with the CEO & COO.

Interview Questions

• How do you convince people to change their mindset when they do not want to change?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AeroVironment.

Interview

Sent in the application via email and the recruiter sent me a questionnaire to fill out regarding my relevant experiences. The hiring manager contacted me a month later after reviewing all the applications to set up a phone interview. They requested my transcripts a week later and I received an offer letter soon after.

Senior Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AeroVironment (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Set up multiple phone interviews before setting up multiple on-site interviews in both Monrovia and Simi Valley. Everything had gone well. We had come to terms on a pay rate structure but at the last minute they reneged and puled the rug out from under me saying they had reconsidered and would repost something at a more "junior level". So after have my chain yanked for two months, they backpedaled on an implicit offer and had absolutely no qualms about having wasted my time. EXTREMELY unprofessional.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AeroVironment.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. First, I had a phone interview with multiple managers and human resources. I then had with an in-person interview with a panel that included the people from the phone interview as well as representatives from related departments. The whole process was friendly and efficient, and human resources contacted me promptly at each step.

Compensation package

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AeroVironment.

Interview

I sent my resume and cover letter in; two days later an application came in the mail with a handwritten note stating, "Please fill this out so we can schedule an interview." (This was in the pre-email days.) Interviewed with one manager a few days later and we both agreed that it went well. When I didn't hear anything within a couple of weeks, I called and my interviewer said that they weren't ready for me yet, but to please keep in touch. An offer finally came two months later! Spent many great years there before getting caught in one of AV's great purges that have, sadly, become commonplace.

Interview Questions

• I can't really think of one. We just discussed what the company had done, what it planned to do, what I had done, and what I planned to do. Very low stress, the way interviews should be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them my salary requirements, they said that they certainly weren't unreasonable, and the offer was actually over what I'd asked for.

Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I interviewed at AeroVironment in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted several days later by HR via phone and asked several questions regarding the position. I must of answered HR's questions to their satisfaction because they scheduled a phone interview for the next day with the a manager in another department.

I found this manager had a pompous tone about him, as did the HR person who called the day before. They both came off with their line of questions almost arrogant. When the manager asked for examples about certain scenarios that I have used my experience in or where I have applied it at, at other positions, he seemed as if my experience (20 years experience working in Forbes 500 companies) was not grandiose enough for him or the position. After only asking me 3 questions...he said was tired of talking and asking questions...and wanted to let me ask questions. Which I did. He never really answered any of my questions, instead he kept going in circles and repeated the same jargon over and over. When I asked if he had more questions, he seemed to get a second wind of pretentiousness. He then questioned my education (I was finshing my BA degree online) and if this "job" was just a "stepping" point and did I "even" see this as something more long term. After I got over the gall of his question, I answered, that I was indeed looking for long term (why else was I applying? Duh?) To which he replied, "Well, I am going to touch base with HR and compare notes and HR will get back with you."

Interview Questions

• Is this job just a stepping point for you? Just to grow and go? Or do you want a long-term job.   Answer Question

This interview left a really bad taste in my mouth. If they act like this during a phone interview, I can only imagine what they would be like to work for....No Thanks! Then after reading the employee reviews....I'm really glad I went with my gut on this one.....

AeroMechanical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AeroVironment.

Interview

Good overall.

Didn't like the vibe.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AeroVironment.

Interview

Took WAY too long to get hired. Made contact in August, had phone interview in September, then a second phone interview in October, when I was asked in for a face-to-face. Heard nothing for two months after, then got a call in December to start in January. Through it all, the AV recruiter was very helpful and supportive.