Aeroflex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2016

2.5

Procurement M Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainview, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Plainview, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward, the hiring manager called me and gave me email address for HR. HR scheduled an on-site interview and I met with HR, hiring manager (VP) and another manager.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with managing inventory of the type of materials we use?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

You meet with a group of 2 - 3 engineers for a group interview.
    Followed by a brief testing of basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts.
    They also tested your personality to see how you would react to certain situations.
    After the interview process, you are shown around the plant.

You wait a couple weeks for an offer in an email. When you accept, you are sent to get a physical/drug test.

It is helpful if you have a security clearance, but it is not required.

Tip to students: know your calculus concepts. i.e. What is an integral and what does it provide to us?

Interview Questions

• What does this circuit do? (Shown a diagram)   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the companies cpa manager over coffee after work after passing a telephone screen to make sure I was familiar with the industry and industry terms. The cpa client manager asked why I wanted to leave and what I thought I could bring to the company, knowing it was a small local organization.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current position   1 Answer
    • Q: would I be willing to take the job for $80k   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Wichita, KS).

Interview

School emailed the company My resume.
    Received a call,went in took an electronics test (I think this determined starting wage).
    Manager gave me a tour, then I received anther call later with offer.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have pay scale set by corporate office.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

Very well organized and detailed interview. Team approach and very professional. Got a good impression of the group I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Very technical work questions, really made me explain my knowledge and what I didn't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, offer was good and where I wanted.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Wichita, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a really disorganized interview process. I talked to them at a career fair at my university during the Fall, and they told me they'd call in February. February comes and goes, I emailed and never heard back. Stopped by again during the Spring, and they told me I was the only one to even email them back again so I should stop by during Spring Break. So I dropped by then, got a tour, and met with my to-be supervisor. He asked a few generic questions: what year was I, what classes had I taken, what was I interested in. Two days later, I've got an internship with them.

Interview Questions

• I literally wasn't asked a single technical question. The hardest thing I was asked was what I was taking in the next semester - I couldn't remember.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Best one ever. I felt relaxed and comfortable. The interviewer was professional but not intimidating. The whole thing took between forty five and sixty minutes. The questions and basic conversation flow were back and forth and not just one sided as I have had in numerous other job interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us?   1 Answer

DSP Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Wichita, KS) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviews begin very late in the year, but have a very quick turnaround once they start. Prepare for a long wait if applying at a career fair. Very informal, asked to describe familiarity with C/C++, Matlab. No technical questions. Lasted not even 10 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview and on site interview

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aeroflex (Stevenage, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

This bit went smoothly it all looked good at this stage. I suppose the guy who showed me around had some Aspergers syndrome in his personality because he went into incredible detail on several of products in a very short time. I expect this will happen again to you as ba newbie, but that one left last year

Interview Questions

• Just research the products and role properly.I cannot even remember the most difficult question I had to field , I suppose it all depends on the actual role , the best i can advise is to look at the product you'll be working on check its aspects and test yourself on it. You cant predict everything! So to repeat myself make sure you research the products and role properly draw a star diagram or something to link it all up. Best of luck - mate!   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation on pay rate since starting the job has ever been accepted or even noted or replied to, either via HR or via the 2 levels of local management., despite good reasons to consider it. It is as if it never happened. Very very poor response really.