Aerojet Rocketdyne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerojet Rocketdyne Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview came about because of an employee referral, however the process was still slow. I get a phone interview within the first 2 weeks and another was scheduled via phone about 3 weeks later. I was out of state at the time. Both interviews were both informational and candidate screenings. Typical interview questions were asked. Each interviewer did want to see an genuine interest in the line of work and position. The three different people I interviewed with were all very kind and personable. Third interview was in person, and because I was out of state at the time their travel desk set up a full travel itinerary for me. I could not be more happy with the accommodations and the trip as a whole. The in person interview was comfortable, and showed genuine interest in me as a candidate. My only complaint is the whole process is going to take 2-3 months until I am on board from the initial interview. This is relatively normal for job searching of course, but it is a big organization that moves slowly start times.

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Woodinville, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

panel interview after a tour of the whole manufacturing facility. Initial interview was a phone panel interview. Was a secure job position- so needed to have proof of citizenship.

Interview Questions

• what do you hope to accomplish here?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was really quick at first. Phone interview and then scheduled in person interview. Which besides flight issues went well. Everyone seemed really impressed and excited with my presentation and interview. They said to expect to hear something the following week. But it's been 4 weeks almost, and besides 2 polite emails from HR saying they are still in the process of interviewing, I haven't heard anything. Usually I would assume this means you weren't chosen, but I still haven't been told that, just thanks for my patience and we are still deciding.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince others on a IPT that a systems engineer was beneficial to their team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview

Applied, they contacted me after a month. Set up a phone interview. Lasted 40 minutes. I talked with two other people and they asked basic questions. Was very comfortable--my favorite interview to date.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position via the Cal Poly SLO career portal (handshake.com). Got selected for an interview about a month later with a Materials engineering specialist. He was a very casual, nice guy who surprisingly didn't ask any technical or behavioral questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the company on my college campus in late February. The interview was behavioral and I was asked many simple questions about past work experiences and the items on my resume. The interviewer was extremely positive, casual, and friendly. After the interview, he told me that my resume and the notes from the interview would be sent to HR. They would review resumes/notes in the upcoming months and help hiring managers find qualified applicants. I was told that this process could take "a very long time", and the interviewer told me not to be discouraged if this were the case.

About 2 months later, I was called by a member of HR who asked me to clarify my areas of interest and my locations of interest. At the time, I was holding onto a job offer and informed this HR person. That was my last communication with AJR.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers for position. Interviewers were friendly and informative. There were no real hard ball questions. Do come prepared to ask questions about industry, company, and field and to give background about yourself.

Interview Questions

• General questions about education and work experience. Good to ASK questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Organizational Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

HR scheduled interview, with Manager and Director, cancelled it hours later, rescheduled for Thanksgiving week, two weeks later. At time of interview, after changing holiday plans to accommodate the employer, Manager arrived to say HR had failed to tell him about my scheduled interview and that the Director was not on site. While gracious, Manager was clearly clueless as to who I was, was not prepared, and kept looking at his watch the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Manager was clearly unprepared, not happy, and under pressure to be somewhere else. Uninterested soft-ball questions. Told later in the rejection by HR how I should be “honored” to be considered. I guess not “honored” enough to confirm the appointment with the Manager or Director or to even have an engaged interview.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Rancho Cordova, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with two transportation managers. Both were friendly and not intimidating. I was asked about my past experience, and if I had energetic(explosive class 1.) experience. I Was also asked no my experience working on flatbed and oversized equipment. Overall I got a good impression on the company. It is a union position, which some are for or against.

Materials Engineer Interview

Interview

Did interview on campus through career center after applying online, interviewed by two people. Talked with hirers at the career fair and they contacted me a week later. Only interviewed once before job was offered a month later

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you over came a challenge?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe this project that's on your resume
      Why are you interested in this company and aerospace in general?   Answer Question