Aerojet Rocketdyne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerojet Rocketdyne Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview

Applied, they contacted me after a month. Set up a phone interview. Lasted 40 minutes. I talked with two other people and they asked basic questions. Was very comfortable--my favorite interview to date.

Anonymous Employee in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position via the Cal Poly SLO career portal (handshake.com). Got selected for an interview about a month later with a Materials engineering specialist. He was a very casual, nice guy who surprisingly didn't ask any technical or behavioral questions.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by two managers for position. Interviewers were friendly and informative. There were no real hard ball questions. Do come prepared to ask questions about industry, company, and field and to give background about yourself.

Interview Questions

• General questions about education and work experience. Good to ASK questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Organizational Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

HR scheduled interview, with Manager and Director, cancelled it hours later, rescheduled for Thanksgiving week, two weeks later. At time of interview, after changing holiday plans to accommodate the employer, Manager arrived to say HR had failed to tell him about my scheduled interview and that the Director was not on site. While gracious, Manager was clearly clueless as to who I was, was not prepared, and kept looking at his watch the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Manager was clearly unprepared, not happy, and under pressure to be somewhere else. Uninterested soft-ball questions. Told later in the rejection by HR how I should be “honored” to be considered. I guess not “honored” enough to confirm the appointment with the Manager or Director or to even have an engaged interview.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Rancho Cordova, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with two transportation managers. Both were friendly and not intimidating. I was asked about my past experience, and if I had energetic(explosive class 1.) experience. I Was also asked no my experience working on flatbed and oversized equipment. Overall I got a good impression on the company. It is a union position, which some are for or against.

Materials Engineer Interview

Interview

Did interview on campus through career center after applying online, interviewed by two people. Talked with hirers at the career fair and they contacted me a week later. Only interviewed once before job was offered a month later

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you over came a challenge?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe this project that's on your resume
      Why are you interested in this company and aerospace in general?
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview

The recruiter called me about the internship and set up an interview for the next day. I interviewed over the phone and was offered the job a few days later. They certainly had a great turnaround time. The interview was mainly focused on my resume and the projects that I have done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficulty you had with one of your projects.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne.

Interview

Got an interview offer shortly after applying for the position. The interview took place at my university's career center and was pretty straightforward. It took about 30 min and he mostly just went over the company, asked me what areas of the company interest me the most, and went over my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were just clarifying some points on my resume and going into more detail about the projects I worked on.   Answer Question

Component Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Canoga Park, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter screened me at first. Set up a phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview was half technical experience and half personality. Lasted only 25 minutes and within 2 weeks I was given an offer.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aerojet Rocketdyne (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First was the phone interview with HR, typical HR questions (desired salary, why you should be hired etc.)
    Second interview was in person, the reimbursed cost of travel (I drove but they would have covered a flight as well) and put you in the hotel for the night (I am assuming they would cover two nights if your travel worked out like that but I don't know)
    I had to give a presentation of some past work/experiences that made me qualified for the position in front of some mid-range managers, and higher level engineers. Afterwards I had some interviews with more mid to upper range managers covering the groups I was in and some that weren't covering my group but previously had.
    I got a call 1-2 weeks later offering me the job

Interview Questions

• -Past applicable work experience
      -specific questions pertaining to my presentation
      -which group sounded most interesting to me to work in
      Answer Question