Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter/Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Chicago, IL).

Interview

BEYOND unprofessional. I applied online to work for Aerotek as a recruiter the end of August 2017. I received a call from a regional recruiter however I missed her call. I called back, left voicemail and emailed stating that my current position doesn't allow me to have my phone so I gave her my break times so that I would not miss her again. However, she continued calling at other times. Finally I got a hold of her on my off day and the call was literally two minutes. Basically going over the job and she'll email a complete job description &to get back to her if still interested. Okay ... I emailed her back and told her I am still interested and once again no response...I emailed again to check the status of my application about 4 days later and still nothing. Even an automatic reply saying they are moving on with other candidates would have been nice. But nope..Nothing..

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Charleston, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

First it was a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a 2 hour Skype interview with a recruiter. Was intense, focused on resume and dates of employment, what motivates me, and asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave up something to gain something better?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Hour phone interview- normal questions and get to know you, two hour in-person interview- normal interview questions, half-day interview- behavioral interview and position shadowing. They really want to make sure that it will be a good two-way fit because the position requires long hours and repetitive work in a very competitive environment.

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

I initially learned about Aerotek when they helped me get a job in retail in NYC. Back then they cut off all communication with me once my term was done and wouldn't help me resume my summer job after returning from my semester in college. I decided to give them another chance anyway.

After applying for this position with Aerotek I immediately received a call from a recruiter telling me she liked my resume and would like to speak further. Because she was going out of town she set up a phone interview with her partner, who made it clear during the interview she had no idea what she was doing or who I was. She was under the impression that I was looking for a job through Aerotek rather than a job with Aerotek, and spent the only ten minutes confusedly remarking on why I didn't have a job. After this lovely exchange I emailed the original woman explaining the confusion and not surprisingly, never heard back. This "company" is a waste of your time, no matter your qualifications. Don't bother.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an idea of why you think you haven't gotten a job yet?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. It was very conversational without canned questions. I interviewed with multiple account executives (hiring managers) and was left in the dark. I still don't know where I stand as far as the selection/interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a large amount of assignments?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about terminating someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aerotek (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

Made it past the first and 2nd phone interview and I was told that they wanted to schedule a final interview, but I was never told the date when they told me they'd follow up the week after. It's been over a month now and still no answers. When I called back to follow up, there was no answer and I have not been able to get a hold off the internal recruiter that told me I would definitely be getting my final interview set up. I called, left voicemail, and emails and no reply. Terrible way to do business! Good thing I had other job offers to fall back on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not get along with a colleague and what did you do to try to make the situation better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you had and how you managed to complete it, any problems you had and how you organized it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call to ask some basic questions that ended with scheduling the second phone interview for the next day. That interview was much more challenging, but they mostly stick to asking pretty typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with co worker who didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

There was no interview. We had scheduled phone calls two separate times and twice they never called. They have interns as the initial point of contact between candidates and the company. Seems like a very unorganized operation going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I started off with two phone screenings, followed by an in-person interview and a half day job shadow. I'm sure many Aerotek locations are great, but the culture at the location I interviewed at felt unprofessional and unorganized.

The person who showed me around at the beginning of my half day was confused and kept apologizing for her lack of focus (she had just been informed that she was going to be filling in for a recruiter lead who was off doing something else, but she clearly didn't know how to walk me through what was assigned to her). I spent some time getting to know each team member while they all asked me the same questions: "How did you hear about Aerotek?, What drives you to get out of bed in the morning? What is your background? etc." I then interviewed with two account managers. One of them had to step out for a phone call about 10 minutes into the interview, while the other dropped the F* bomb a couple of times while telling me his back story.

The one question I kept being asked over and over was, "What drives you?" Little did I know, they could have
    cared less about my professional goals. They were wanting me to come up with a dramatic story of my upbringing, or something of the sort (I kid you not, I heard maybe 3 or 4 sob stories throughout this process) so that I had something to remember when the job got tough. It's an unconventional approach to an interview strategy, but it didn't quite resonate with the professionalism I was expecting from a company that is growing so quickly.

Not everything was bad though! I liked a couple of the team members a lot. They were all sweet and willing to spend time with me to answer any and all questions I had. The work they do as a company really matters, and I respect everyone who has the guts to stick with it.

I wanted to give this position a chance considering the pay opportunity is great, but at the end of the day, we both dodged a bullet. They emphasize "fit" a lot throughout the process, and are extremely transparent about the nature of the job. That was much appreciated. They are hiring to retain, and want to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westtown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Westtown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. I had a phone screen, Skype interview, in person interview with an account manager, a half day job shadow and a panel interview with two account managers. I then met with the director. The internal recruiter was nice. She called me and wanted to give me as much support as possible. When I met with the director he did not seem as interested. They tell you the work is challenging and the hours are long.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions

Tell me about a time when you failed. Tell me about a time you did not meet a deadline. What are some of your goals.   Answer Question