Aerotek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,143 Interview Reviews

2.7

General Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

applied for General Maintenance and was called for numerous other jobs instead, i was called into the office which was located 30 minutes from home, walked in to be greeted by my case worker who stated they wanted to send me on a few job applications to get my portfolio started, first job was, welding, second was building key components for the military third was building semiconductors and building sized transformers, fourth job was as a Diesel Mechanic.....Aerotek needs to listed to their employees or at the very least look at their resumes instead of sending them on jobs they have no experiences in period, i will never work or promote myself with this company ever again

Interview Questions

• what do i know about generators, semiconductors, electrical panel diagnosis, construction of power supplies, 44,000 btu generators, not a damn thing,   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Terrible, from the get go I knew he had no intention of hiring me. The interview was him asking me what motivates me and " why " whenever I gave an answer, all
    He wanted me to do was keep elaborating on every point. I was then asked to send him an email explaining " what motivates me " and what is my drive, ( I answered with my wife and kids ) and he basically said think of something else. I was then called the next day saying no you didn't get it ( not surprising ) and he then said I will call you tomorrow to get you sorted with another position, it's been over a month and I haven't heard a thing. Left a really bad taste in my mouth, and the guy seemed like a complete and utter con artist.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you ? And why over and over again   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Rockville, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

First interviewed by a former employer of the company. Received a call a second time from another employee but no job opportunity. My resume needed some work but they just told me that my application is being screened.

Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

This review is for the New York office of Areotek. In my 23 year is the business I have never experienced a more unprofessional, ill-mannered group of people. I have never walked out of an interview before, but I wish I had much sooner than I did. If this is the quality of their workers, I would recommend that any job seeker or company avoid this organization at all cost.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. For a PowerPoint job I was subjected to expert exams for PPT, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. because they "wanted to wow the client". When I objected I was bullied and insulted until I walked out of the interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Had a phone screen with an internal recruiter who sent me information on how to best answer questions. Had a phone interview with the same internal recruiter. Was taken to lunch by an internal employee. Had a interview with the director. Had a half day of job shadowing and interview with senior staff and management.

Interview Questions

• sales experience, personal experience, behavioral based questions, career goals   1 Answer

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Clifton Park, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

From the moment I sat down I was interrogated, felt completely overwhelmed by the Bold questioning and harsh tactics.
    I've been to many job interviews and have never experienced something like this before.
    I do not believe in speaking badly about any company but when I see something that I don't feel is right I feel something more should be done about businesses like this in our area.
    Most of these companies are disregarding federal and state rules and regulations.
    It would be impossible for State and Federal Agencies to Audit every business, but more needs to be done. Senior management and hiring managers are getting away with discrimination and complete disregard for ethical standards.
    These businesses should be scrutinized more and monitored regularly.
    Sure companies should be allowed to hire who they feel is the best for the job, but the selection process and means of judging the competence of and individual shall never be based on previous information that would never interfere with performance on the job.
    All I am saying here; is that employers are given an inch by State and Federal Agencies, but are taking a mile.
    It is getting out of control and more employers than we realize are making up their own rules. Thats not how America works. This country is great for one reason. The firm foundation it was built on. If you are a business owner and work for a profit in this country, don't ignore your responsibility as an employer. Companies are also disregarding Safety and Health rules and regulations as well. This is something OSHA needs to look at in more depth. Why are employers waiting until its too late to provide training for their workforce. Why are companies not hiring third party Safety experts to analyze their workplace for hazards as they are required to do?

Waste of Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

I wasted about an hour of my time on a Benefits Coordinator position that I was told did not really exist. Ridiculous interview questions. When asked what i might be a fit for was told Starbucks and there would be contact later. Still waiting. If you want a real job avoid this place and all employment agencies. Just a sham!!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview: The women I spoke to was very condensing and borderline rude. I knew before we were half way through that there is no way I would work at a company were I would have to interact with her and potentially people like her. Judging by the other reviews on here, I cannot say I am surprised by this 'interview'. Come the end of the interview I simply told her I was not interested though I am positive she wasn't either.

Interview Questions

• *When explaining why I wanted to leave my current job, my answer being I that I am more of a customer relations person over a quick chat solely for a lead generation*
      "So you would rather just sit across a desk from someone?" (Insert tone here)   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Dallas, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

They found placement but kept telling me the job source had not provided a definitive start date. It was over 40-days before I actually started working. They told me my hourly wage would be much higher than what it actually ended up being. They offered one rate then after waiting 40-days to start working they came back and low balled my hourly rate. I guess they figure at this point a person is so desperate to work they will take any wage.

Interview Questions

• Same things every company does. How do you resolve conflict etc. etc.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aerotek in September 2015.

Interview

Don't waste your time. Literally wasted 3 months of my life. I should've taken that as a clue to get out of there asap! The internal recruiter who set up everything for me (phone interview, in office interview, half day shadow) left me clueless. She didn't reply back to my emails/calls when I was told to contact her. In the beginning she was helpful but towards the end she was nonexistent. Their interview process in too long. I understand it has to be thorough but that interview process was TOO much.