Aerotek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017
1,036 Interview Reviews

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

4 steps of interviews. Face to face with Director and then will a panel, the a half day, then final meeting with the director. Phone screen to start the process with the internal recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiations. It is salaried plus commission

Recruiter Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Awful! I applied to the job 3 days after it was posted. I received a phone call the next day to set up a phone interview. The day of the phone interview I received a call saying the position was filled. I am absolutely appalled by this situation, it was unprofessional and down right rude. I will never even consider this company again for employment or any of the services they provide.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Interview process was awful. Started off with a phone screen, and the day of the phone screen I received no call. I emailed the woman who was supposed to do the phone screen asking if she was planning on calling. I received an email stating I had actually been scheduled in for the next day. This was fine, but a little annoying. The phone screen went fine, with basic questions ("why do you want to leave your current place of work?", salary expectations etc). I was then scheduled to have an interview with the DBO, and a few other account managers.
    Upon the day of my interview I was told that I would be seeing two completely different people. This too was fine, but a little annoying. The first account manager asked me questions about my resume - it was a pretty quick meeting. The second account manager asked more questions about my resume, but also added in a few behavioural questions ("Did you ever find yourself angry with a manager, and if so, how did you resolve it?"). What surprised me most about the interview process was that neither of the account managers took notes on my answers! I have personally never been to an interview where no notes were jotted down. It was very unusual and seemed unprofessional to me.
    I was then invited to the half day. I went around met everyone, took notes, and then finally had the chance to meet the DBO. He barely asked any questions, but told me the feedback he had received throughout the day had been very positive. I asked him if there had been any negative feedback, and his response was "well maybe your energy level". I then continued to ask if my energy level had been too high, or too low, but he did not give me a direct answer. He then continued to tell me that he would cover the feedback with everyone, and call me personally with their answer. I clarified this with him, making sure that I would be receiving a call from him and not someone else, and he agreed.
    Well the next day, I received a phone call from the original phone screen woman. I found this incredibly disrespectful - that the DBO wouldn't be bothered to call me himself. Their feedback ended up being that my energy level was not the right fit, so they would not be moving forward with me. After seeing the disorganization and lack of communication within this office, perhaps not getting the job was a blessing in disguise!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Was called and asked about my resume, job history, education, and how I could fit into their company in a position where I would be handling the clerical work for various accounts. Got a second phone interview where I was asked which office I'd rather work at: Detroit, Southfield, or Troy. Thought I did well during both phone interviews and the recruiter told me she would call me back, but never did.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

phone interview then branch one on one interview

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions

• "Name a time when you were given a short deadline to complete a project that required more time, and how did you approach that situation?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview and then in person. Very calm interview process. Called twice to reschedule. Phone interview was a lot of behavior type questions. They want to know about the type of things that motivate you. They also ask about your past experience.Overall both interviewers were very pleasant. They stressed that the company recruits from within which is a big plus.

Interview Questions

• They want to know a lot about you as a person. Very personal question.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aerotek (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

my recruiter was out of the office prior to the day of my interview hence another recruiter was assigned to "prep" me for the interview. during our phone call, she only told me the name of the hiring manager. that's it!!!! she had no clue about anything else. upon giving them my 2-week notice, it's her again. she asked me all kinds of questions which i already told her i did not feel comfortable answering, such as who my new employer was, why i was looking for a new job, what my new employer does. seriously?!?!?! why wouldn't i keep looking for a full time job when they've got me an hourly job without a termed contract?!?! what was with the interrogation? bad attitude too. I'm glad that she wasn't the one working with me to get the job I had. I will be calling her boss tomorrow to give him some feedbacks. (Aerotek Kalamazoo, MI)

Interview Questions

• "Did you tell your recruiter that you were looking?" Of course not! Why would I have to tell him that I was looking for a longer term job? Isn't it obvious when you have an open-ended contract which can end any day you should be keeping an eye open? What made it worse was that she was asking as if I was committing a crime.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

I put in my resume and 2 days later, I got a phone call from HR to talk about why I wanted to apply for this job. At the end of that initial phone call, we scheduled a phone interview to talk a little bit more about the job. The phone interview was mostly an explanation of the position and how to prepare for the in-person interview.

The HR person that I first spoke to was very nice and helpful; sending me links and sample questions that they might ask. The in-person interview was scheduled for the next week. I was interviewed by 2 people, and it was a very informal situational interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you took on more than you could handle.   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Interview

I met with a recruiter at an on campus career fair and they accepted my resume. I received an email from them asking if I would be interested in interviewing with them. I received a phone interview within a few days and got a call for an in person interview within a week.