Aerotek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,070 Interview Reviews

2.7

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was asked to come in for a preliminary interview to gauge my personality before advancing to prospective positions. It was a bit odd to have to travel so far for a recruiting interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had a million dollars what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Informal but delightfully candid. My interviewer seemed uninformed about a lot of things but helpful nonetheless. She was detail oriented which I liked a lot and made me feel comfortable with how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary range?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I started off with two phone screenings, followed by an in-person interview and a half day job shadow. I'm sure many Aerotek locations are great, but the culture at the location I interviewed at felt unprofessional and unorganized.

The person who showed me around at the beginning of my half day was confused and kept apologizing for her lack of focus (she had just been informed that she was going to be filling in for a recruiter lead who was off doing something else, but she clearly didn't know how to walk me through what was assigned to her). I spent some time getting to know each team member while they all asked me the same questions: "How did you hear about Aerotek?, What drives you to get out of bed in the morning? What is your background? etc." I then interviewed with two account managers. One of them had to step out for a phone call about 10 minutes into the interview, while the other dropped the F* bomb a couple of times while telling me his back story.

The one question I kept being asked over and over was, "What drives you?" Little did I know, they could have
    cared less about my professional goals. They were wanting me to come up with a dramatic story of my upbringing, or something of the sort (I kid you not, I heard maybe 3 or 4 sob stories throughout this process) so that I had something to remember when the job got tough. It's an unconventional approach to an interview strategy, but it didn't quite resonate with the professionalism I was expecting from a company that is growing so quickly.

Not everything was bad though! I liked a couple of the team members a lot. They were all sweet and willing to spend time with me to answer any and all questions I had. The work they do as a company really matters, and I respect everyone who has the guts to stick with it.

I wanted to give this position a chance considering the pay opportunity is great, but at the end of the day, we both dodged a bullet. They emphasize "fit" a lot throughout the process, and are extremely transparent about the nature of the job. That was much appreciated. They are hiring to retain, and want to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aerotek (Tigard, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Typical Temp agency process. I9, basic Word, math, and Excel. Then the recruiter interview. Sit around in the fish bowl and wait for the recruiter to pluck you out.

The trainee receptionist was nice, and I don't envy her job. Welcome to the glamorous world of temp agency, your going to be the only one who has to pretend to care.

Interview Questions

• After being 30 minutes late to scheduled interview...."I hope we don't waste anymore of your time."   1 Answer

HIL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a normal casual discussion, they asked me about my previous experience so that they can get a better idea about my qualification for recommending to other companies

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Alameda, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then face to face in Alameda, CA. Mix of conversation and canned questions. After 2 weeks, I found out that they were trying to get leads from one of my references multiple times for a completely different industry. Meanwhile, there has been zero contact from them. Complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westtown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Westtown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. I had a phone screen, Skype interview, in person interview with an account manager, a half day job shadow and a panel interview with two account managers. I then met with the director. The internal recruiter was nice. She called me and wanted to give me as much support as possible. When I met with the director he did not seem as interested. They tell you the work is challenging and the hours are long.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions

Tell me about a time when you failed. Tell me about a time you did not meet a deadline. What are some of your goals.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

I initially submitted a resume to a position, I had a telephone interview pertaining to my interests, my ability to commute, my goals, and what I am wanting from my job/experience. Immediately scheduled an in person interview, talked about the things listed in "Interview Questions". The interview was very casual and conversational. They really want to put you in a position that you aligns with your strengths and interests. Definitely enjoyed it!

Interview Questions

• What am I interested in, what are my goals, what is my initial pay range, and questions pertaining to my resume.   Answer Question

Automated Vehicle Trainer- Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

After a quick phone interview, Aerotek filters out good and bad candidates based on a 1:1 interview, if chosen you'll interview with an Manager at Aerotek, and lastly you'll be set up for a final interview with the client company, in most cases.

I was asked when was a good time/day for a call and never received one, which one week later I followed up and was asked again "when was a good time for a call by the Manager at Aerotek?". I responded again with a specific time and never heard back from them at all; No call or email. I give them a negative overall experience because they were suppose to help me and it's been weeks without any help.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Cruise ?   1 Answer
    • Describe the position in your option   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have?   1 Answer
    • The client is looking for someone who is calm, would you consider yourself a calm person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied, received a phone call the next day from a junior recruiter to as general questions, I was then scheduled for a skype interview 5 days later with a Senior corporate recruiter. The Senior Corporate Recruiter clearly had no knowledge of her military branches because she pronounced Marine Corps as Corpse(dead body), assumed I was a military contractor instead of a veteran and asked me why i didn't retire at 15 years because i ended my service at 12 years. She gave a very bland "OK" to all my responses making the interview very bland and boring. This interviewer killed my joy to want to work for this company and would not recommend this company to fellow vets.

Interview Questions

• What clubs did you join while attending college? what motivates you? what do you think an aerotek recruiter does? tell me when you had to make a decision at work by yourself? What achievement outside of education are you the most proud of?   Answer Question