Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the recruiter who reached out to me and she was extremely friendly but also very helpful in coordinating my interview process with my busy school schedule. Following these interviews I met with an account executive and a senior account executive at the office I was applying at. They asked a lot of situational questions regarding my past sales experience but the whole interview was very conversational as they really want to find out how you present yourself and articulate your goals and accomplishments. Following this interview I had a Skype interview with the account manager for the branch I would be working with. This interview was very similar to the previous one and was just so that hey could get to know me better to make sure I was a good fit for the team. Overall it was a great process, learned a lot and met some awesome people in the company. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and helpful and I never felt as if I was being interrogated.

Interview Questions

• In your previous sales positions how did you deal with overturning objections and negative responses?   1 Answer

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Consisted or a phone call screen, skype call, an in house interview, and then a job shadowing day. Everyone was extremely nice, and pretty much all the basic questions were asked. They just want to make sure that you can be accountable to do your work and not slack off. Which is probably why they make everyone say in front of the group how much progress they have made with their candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was hourly for about 3 months and then jumps up to 50k which is a nice base. Great benefits. Great Training. No negotiation from my POV.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given a phone interview in which I talked through my resume and relevant experiences. It lasted about 25 minutes and featured some behavioral questions. After that we spoke about scheduling an onsite interview for the Chicago location. I went to the Chicago office for a half-day job shadow and interview with the Chief Business Operator.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Met at Clackamas Office for an Interview with their Office Director and an Account Manager. Began with a couple general introduction questions and went from there. Questions were to find out whether your naturally competitive and a team player. However, they want your answer to be more in a buy in cult-ish way rather than actual team player.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational and quite unusual in comparison to most interviews. Interviewees approach left me with a bad taste in my mouth about working at the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR was very helpful. There is two phone interviews and an in-person interview with an Account Manager. Ask typical behavioral interview questions. Good at getting back to email. The woman that interviewed me seemed bias though. She kept asking me questions that I felt didn't reflect my ability to do the job.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with an internal recruiter. After that, they set up a time to come into the office for a face to face interview with the Director of that office. From there, they brought me in for a half day of shadowing to see if the position was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you didn't meet your goals or something didn't go your way and how did you persevere.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek in October 2016.

Interview

Definitely have your own questions. The person I interviewed with did not have many questions to ask and expected me to have come prepared with my own material to discuss. I had a phone interview first, and while on the phone I was presented with the opportunity for a second interview in person

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Mine was a bit different then what has been posted.

Got called by a recruiter from the office, and had a very quick phone screen. A week later I got a call asking if I was still interested by the same recruiter. Scheduled for the next day. Met with the recruiter who I had spoken to before with an Account Manager. Very fluid panel interview. When That was done met with a senior account manager and DBO. They asked situational questions then stopped me in the middle and changed the situation and had me react to that.

Then they had me call the next day to schedule a half day job shadow. This was interesting. It was basically a mini interview with everyone I sat with. I did have the opportunity to sit in on a few interviews and see how its done.

Got called a week later and was offered the job. It seems like a great company with a great culture. There are reviews on here that make it seem like it's horrid and a mean place to work. I think those people either burnt out or have a millennial way of thinking. They are up front and honest about the hours from the first interview and ask you a lot if you think your up for it.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are ready for this type of job? With these hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a total of three separate interviews.
    First the phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes.
    Next, an in person interview with two higher ups in the company that lasted an hour.
    Then a half day shadow at two different Aerotek locations that last about 5-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• On the phone interview, definitely follow the STAR format: situation, task, action, result. Always make yourself the STAR of the situation and a positive outcome.
      What do you know about Aerotek? Why are you interested in this position?
      What do you think makes a good company?
      Tell me about a time when you missed your goal.
      Tell me about a time when you worked with people who were not motivated / uninspired.
      How would your best friend describe you?
      What two words describe you?
      What was your favorite job that you have ever had? What was your your least favorite job and why?

Next, for the in person interview, once again STAR format, but they through in some curveballs, less name a time type of questions and more generalized questions, but don't let that stump you still follow STAR.
      What is the best team you have ever been on? What is the worst team you have ever been on?
      Who has been your favorite manager and why?
      What is the best compliment you have received? What is the worst compliment you have received?
      What motivates you everyday?
      Why did you pick your major in college?

Sidenote: They want you to have prepared questions of your own to ask the interviewer, so don't forget to have your intriguing questions. Don't forget you are interviewing them as well to see if it is an establishment you want to work for.

Third half day shadow went over the daily responsibilities of the recruiter role. Once again, ask questions!
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY).

Interview

Has several interviews and the feedback was they really wanted to hire me but there wasn't an open position. They keep in touch with me regularly for about a month until a position opened and they made me an offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer