Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Met at Clackamas Office for an Interview with their Office Director and an Account Manager. Began with a couple general introduction questions and went from there. Questions were to find out whether your naturally competitive and a team player. However, they want your answer to be more in a buy in cult-ish way rather than actual team player.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational and quite unusual in comparison to most interviews. Interviewees approach left me with a bad taste in my mouth about working at the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Chicago, IL).

Interview

HR was very helpful. There is two phone interviews and an in-person interview with an Account Manager. Ask typical behavioral interview questions. Good at getting back to email. The woman that interviewed me seemed bias though. She kept asking me questions that I felt didn't reflect my ability to do the job.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with an internal recruiter. After that, they set up a time to come into the office for a face to face interview with the Director of that office. From there, they brought me in for a half day of shadowing to see if the position was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you didn't meet your goals or something didn't go your way and how did you persevere.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek in October 2016.

Interview

Definitely have your own questions. The person I interviewed with did not have many questions to ask and expected me to have come prepared with my own material to discuss. I had a phone interview first, and while on the phone I was presented with the opportunity for a second interview in person

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Mine was a bit different then what has been posted.

Got called by a recruiter from the office, and had a very quick phone screen. A week later I got a call asking if I was still interested by the same recruiter. Scheduled for the next day. Met with the recruiter who I had spoken to before with an Account Manager. Very fluid panel interview. When That was done met with a senior account manager and DBO. They asked situational questions then stopped me in the middle and changed the situation and had me react to that.

Then they had me call the next day to schedule a half day job shadow. This was interesting. It was basically a mini interview with everyone I sat with. I did have the opportunity to sit in on a few interviews and see how its done.

Got called a week later and was offered the job. It seems like a great company with a great culture. There are reviews on here that make it seem like it's horrid and a mean place to work. I think those people either burnt out or have a millennial way of thinking. They are up front and honest about the hours from the first interview and ask you a lot if you think your up for it.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are ready for this type of job? With these hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a total of three separate interviews.
    First the phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes.
    Next, an in person interview with two higher ups in the company that lasted an hour.
    Then a half day shadow at two different Aerotek locations that last about 5-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• On the phone interview, definitely follow the STAR format: situation, task, action, result. Always make yourself the STAR of the situation and a positive outcome.
      What do you know about Aerotek? Why are you interested in this position?
      What do you think makes a good company?
      Tell me about a time when you missed your goal.
      Tell me about a time when you worked with people who were not motivated / uninspired.
      How would your best friend describe you?
      What two words describe you?
      What was your favorite job that you have ever had? What was your your least favorite job and why?

Next, for the in person interview, once again STAR format, but they through in some curveballs, less name a time type of questions and more generalized questions, but don't let that stump you still follow STAR.
      What is the best team you have ever been on? What is the worst team you have ever been on?
      Who has been your favorite manager and why?
      What is the best compliment you have received? What is the worst compliment you have received?
      What motivates you everyday?
      Why did you pick your major in college?

Sidenote: They want you to have prepared questions of your own to ask the interviewer, so don't forget to have your intriguing questions. Don't forget you are interviewing them as well to see if it is an establishment you want to work for.

Third half day shadow went over the daily responsibilities of the recruiter role. Once again, ask questions!
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY).

Interview

Has several interviews and the feedback was they really wanted to hire me but there wasn't an open position. They keep in touch with me regularly for about a month until a position opened and they made me an offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek in September 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then I went in for an interview with the DBO. Great guy man. The interview was so untraditional and straight to the point. Then got a call back that same day to schedule my half day. Came in on the half day and all the recruiters came and introduced themselves to me. That's when I got the feeling of this could be a great situation. Got to see how things are done and also got an up close view of the culture. Interviewed with two more Account managers which went great as well. After that got the offer.

They really put it to you straight forward. The hours are long, there will be times where you will be frustrated, and yes there will be times you take work home. But hard work pays off!

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Applied online and within the week I was contacted by and internal recruiter. I was told it's three separate interviews. I was asked why I wanted to be a recruiter and my background. I was sent an email confirming the phone screen and told to review the site and a couple of brochures.

Three stage interview process.

1. Phone screen
    In depth questions. STAR questions (Google how to answer it helps) ex. Tell me about a time when... After a few days I was told I'd be moving on to the next step

2. In house interview
    1 hour interview with a high level manager. Very transparent. Asked about jobs I've had. Wanted to know about my worth ethic. Said that job was difficult, a lot of long hours but it does pay off. After a few days they wanted me to come back for a half day shadow.

3. Half day shadow
    Came in at pretty much the same time as all employees and spent the day seeing the activities of the office. Sat down with a few recruiters and account managers. They were all very honest. Explained that the job was 45+ hours a week but it pays off. Company was described as all about organic growth and growing their employees. From what I've over heard this seems to be true.

While the half day was a bunch of interviews I do feel like the first two interviews were more important and the half day was just there to set realistic expectations of what the job is like.

All went well and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate for very good reasons.

Recruiter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

I applied online and heard back a few days later and was scheduled for a phone interview. The interview was pretty painless only lasted about 15 mins kind of felt like the interviewer was in a hurry.