Aerotek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017
1,021 Interview Reviews

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek in January 2017.

Interview

After applying the internal recruiter called me within few days to do an initial phone interview which last about an hr. Then I was asked by the same recruiter to do a skype interview which also lasted an hr. The questions where behavioral. Then I met with the director of business operations for an in person interview. That was a conversational interview. Then I was asked to come in for a half day shadow. You meet with other recruiters they go over what a typical day in the office is like. At the end I met with an account manager. They went over what they do and ask if you have any questions about the job role and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

My interviewer, Erin, was very personable, enthusiastic and honest! We got right to the point concerning opportunities and she was very willing to let me know whether I would be a good fit for particular jobs. She honored my level of education and experience, which is pretty vast, and promised to look for suitable opportunities. She also has kept in touch with me. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• What is your level of education?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I read online reviews before going to this interview and saw it was a little difficult so I thought I had prepared myself, boy was I wrong. The first 15 minutes of the interview was the director attempting to get me to break. I understand these tactics, however I don't agree with them for a first time interview. I had to internally calm myself down because I felt as though I was going to cry. Everything I said felt wrong. I was told I would get a phone call from the person I had my initial phone screening with to help prepare me for this interview, and I never did. Very uncomfortable feeling the entire time. They advertise this position as a $50K starting salary, but that is only after you go through their "training" process where you are making $12.86 an hour with mandatory overtime. You must hold a certain commission value before you are granted that 50K salary, and you are most likely going to work 12+ hour days. The office appeared to be a ton of young, recent college grads, so I think they sucker these poor kids into thinking they are making a ton of money, but really they are just over-working. If you are good at sales, I would say apply for this position because they are really looking for you to sell yourself and your sole to them. I don't mean to sound bitter because I was not offered a position; I was actually going to decline if I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

All employees I interacted with throughout the phone and in-person interview process were very kind, welcoming and friendly. I received wonderful feedback and enjoyed the entire interview process as a whole as I was able to learn a great deal of information related to the position and company. Communication throughout the process was remarkable as well. Overall, I would say the experience was a very positive one.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you find most helpful in a supervisor?   Answer Question

I declined the opportunity to move forward in the final stages of the interview process because I made the personal decision to take a different direction with my career.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aerotek (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview with bombardier arrived expecting roughly an hour interview w/tour 2-3 people to interview because several people went to interview that I work with this is what they said. I arrive get 1 guy who doesn't even make eye contact with me seemed like he was interested to do something else. Less than 15 minutes later the interview is over and I'm walking out the door thinking what was this. Called Aerotek several times trying to find out if this was normal for them. Aerotek wouldn't even give the courtesy of a call back I emailed her as well no response. I never got a decline to offer or anything from them drove 3 hours 1 way for absolutely nothing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone call, some online forms, and an in-person interview. The process was friendly and informative. I had an opportunity to ask questions and to review the material before agreeing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a difficult condition on site?   Answer Question

Forklift Driver Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schiller Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (Schiller Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

You called set up interview fill out the application they talk to you a little bit about your history then ask you for your ID and social security number card

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in salary pay   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek (Farmington, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting your resume the internal recruiter will follow up with you, schedule a phone interview and then schedule a half-day shadow and one on one interview with the director of business operations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer, how does your previous experience relate to the position you're applying for, what does success mean to you, what are your long-term career goals   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Two short phone interviews with an Internal Recruiter. They explained the job description to you and told you about the company. In person interview with Supervisor and an Account Manager. Then a half day shadow to get hands on experience in the role. Very informative and helpful. Internal Recruiter was a lot of help.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a 2 step process. First a phone interview. Then a 4 hour interview where you come to the office and meet everyone and speak individually for about 20 - 30 mins.

Interview Questions

See What Aerotek Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Recruiter in Rockville, MD

Pros: “Aerotek's focus in hiring recent graduates is to train them to recruit and hopefully move them into a sales focused role. With that, they put a lot of time into training employees to...”“Aerotek's focus in hiring recent graduates is to train them to recruit and hopefully move them into a sales focused role. With that, they put a lot of time into training employees to be good at what they do. This company has one of the best training programs and materials available to their employees to be successful than most staffing agencies. You have the potential to make a lot of money, and you will get to meet a lot of people. You also will have the opportunity to be sent on trips for training and celebration of accomplishments, as well as be promoted into higher level positions. They also have yearly sales meetings that take place in various locations over the US and they provide food, drinks and entertainment. You also have the opportunity to make bonuses on top of the commission you already make weekly! They only promote from within for the sales manager roles. Therefore, at least you know your manager has walked in your shoes and knows what its like to do your job. I worked in more than one office in different locations, so there is definitely a difference in cultures for each office, but you get to meet so many people! And the people are great and very friendly! You will have a chance to make great friends. There are a ton of happy hours, and this can be a great thing if you enjoy hanging out after work or are new to an area and need to make new friends. Aerotek is also very involved in community events. New moms have great maternity leave benefits, and the overall employee benefits are pretty decent. They also have an annual Christmas party that is AWESOME! Getting drunk with your manager and the Director is pretty fun! Everyone is fairly young, so the culture is fun! Some managers do really care about their teams and in developing their employees. They will also take the time to help you do YOUR job because they know and understand that that is also how they will be successful. You will find any other job "easy" compared to the work at Aerotek. If you love change then Aerotek is the place for you. If you can stick it out for at least 2 years, you will be able to move into pretty much any recruiting job. They also give 3 weeks vacation to start. They put recruiters in one division so you get very knowledgeable in that division. They have recruiters that specifically cover office support and professional services, engineering, skilled trades, and oil and gas jobs. This allows the recruiters to really learn about their industry they are placed in.” – Full Review