Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

422 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You will have a phone screen with a recruiter, and then either an in person interview or phone screen with the Director. After that, you will have a 1 hour behavioral interview (which can get pretty intense) and then spend some time in the office to sit with other Recruiters and Managers and shadow some parts of their day. The interview is average, but the behavior I would argue to rate as difficult because they really pick apart your answers and analyze each little thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team was not pulling their weight, what did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Standard situational interview with functional questions. Met with Director and account manager. Very easy to talk to. They start with a phone interview with the recruiter then in person with the two managers and later coming in for a half day shadow. After that day you will know if you receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Hour phone interview- normal questions and get to know you, two hour in-person interview- normal interview questions, half-day interview- behavioral interview and position shadowing. They really want to make sure that it will be a good two-way fit because the position requires long hours and repetitive work in a very competitive environment.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. It was very conversational without canned questions. I interviewed with multiple account executives (hiring managers) and was left in the dark. I still don't know where I stand as far as the selection/interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a large amount of assignments?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about terminating someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Farmers Branch, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens, in person interview, half day shadow. The first phone screen was a 10 minute conversation. Second phone screen was about a 45 minute conversation discussing your resume then a few behavioral questions. Make sure you have situations prepared in your head for the questions. During the in person interview, you will meet with the director and 1 account manager. they ask you more behavioral questions. Make sure you follow the STAR method when answering questions. Also, make sure you're smiling and showing your personality. The last step is the half day shadow. You will meet with about 4 different people (2 recruiters, 2 account managers) then wrap things up with the director again. During the shadow, make sure you are taking notes and asking questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aerotek (Charleston, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

Made it past the first and 2nd phone interview and I was told that they wanted to schedule a final interview, but I was never told the date when they told me they'd follow up the week after. It's been over a month now and still no answers. When I called back to follow up, there was no answer and I have not been able to get a hold off the internal recruiter that told me I would definitely be getting my final interview set up. I called, left voicemail, and emails and no reply. Terrible way to do business! Good thing I had other job offers to fall back on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not get along with a colleague and what did you do to try to make the situation better.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project you had and how you managed to complete it, any problems you had and how you organized it.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call to ask some basic questions that ended with scheduling the second phone interview for the next day. That interview was much more challenging, but they mostly stick to asking pretty typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with co worker who didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

There was no interview. We had scheduled phone calls two separate times and twice they never called. They have interns as the initial point of contact between candidates and the company. Seems like a very unorganized operation going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I started off with two phone screenings, followed by an in-person interview and a half day job shadow. I'm sure many Aerotek locations are great, but the culture at the location I interviewed at felt unprofessional and unorganized.

The person who showed me around at the beginning of my half day was confused and kept apologizing for her lack of focus (she had just been informed that she was going to be filling in for a recruiter lead who was off doing something else, but she clearly didn't know how to walk me through what was assigned to her). I spent some time getting to know each team member while they all asked me the same questions: "How did you hear about Aerotek?, What drives you to get out of bed in the morning? What is your background? etc." I then interviewed with two account managers. One of them had to step out for a phone call about 10 minutes into the interview, while the other dropped the F* bomb a couple of times while telling me his back story.

The one question I kept being asked over and over was, "What drives you?" Little did I know, they could have
    cared less about my professional goals. They were wanting me to come up with a dramatic story of my upbringing, or something of the sort (I kid you not, I heard maybe 3 or 4 sob stories throughout this process) so that I had something to remember when the job got tough. It's an unconventional approach to an interview strategy, but it didn't quite resonate with the professionalism I was expecting from a company that is growing so quickly.

Not everything was bad though! I liked a couple of the team members a lot. They were all sweet and willing to spend time with me to answer any and all questions I had. The work they do as a company really matters, and I respect everyone who has the guts to stick with it.

I wanted to give this position a chance considering the pay opportunity is great, but at the end of the day, we both dodged a bullet. They emphasize "fit" a lot throughout the process, and are extremely transparent about the nature of the job. That was much appreciated. They are hiring to retain, and want to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Informal but delightfully candid. My interviewer seemed uninformed about a lot of things but helpful nonetheless. She was detail oriented which I liked a lot and made me feel comfortable with how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary range?   1 Answer