Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3.1

411 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You will have a phone screen with a recruiter, and then either an in person interview or phone screen with the Director. After that, you will have a 1 hour behavioral interview (which can get pretty intense) and then spend some time in the office to sit with other Recruiters and Managers and shadow some parts of their day. The interview is average, but the behavior I would argue to rate as difficult because they really pick apart your answers and analyze each little thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team was not pulling their weight, what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. It was very conversational without canned questions. I interviewed with multiple account executives (hiring managers) and was left in the dark. I still don't know where I stand as far as the selection/interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a large amount of assignments?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about terminating someone?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call to ask some basic questions that ended with scheduling the second phone interview for the next day. That interview was much more challenging, but they mostly stick to asking pretty typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with co worker who didn't pull their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

There was no interview. We had scheduled phone calls two separate times and twice they never called. They have interns as the initial point of contact between candidates and the company. Seems like a very unorganized operation going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Informal but delightfully candid. My interviewer seemed uninformed about a lot of things but helpful nonetheless. She was detail oriented which I liked a lot and made me feel comfortable with how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary range?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I started off with two phone screenings, followed by an in-person interview and a half day job shadow. I'm sure many Aerotek locations are great, but the culture at the location I interviewed at felt unprofessional and unorganized.

The person who showed me around at the beginning of my half day was confused and kept apologizing for her lack of focus (she had just been informed that she was going to be filling in for a recruiter lead who was off doing something else, but she clearly didn't know how to walk me through what was assigned to her). I spent some time getting to know each team member while they all asked me the same questions: "How did you hear about Aerotek?, What drives you to get out of bed in the morning? What is your background? etc." I then interviewed with two account managers. One of them had to step out for a phone call about 10 minutes into the interview, while the other dropped the F* bomb a couple of times while telling me his back story.

The one question I kept being asked over and over was, "What drives you?" Little did I know, they could have
    cared less about my professional goals. They were wanting me to come up with a dramatic story of my upbringing, or something of the sort (I kid you not, I heard maybe 3 or 4 sob stories throughout this process) so that I had something to remember when the job got tough. It's an unconventional approach to an interview strategy, but it didn't quite resonate with the professionalism I was expecting from a company that is growing so quickly.

Not everything was bad though! I liked a couple of the team members a lot. They were all sweet and willing to spend time with me to answer any and all questions I had. The work they do as a company really matters, and I respect everyone who has the guts to stick with it.

I wanted to give this position a chance considering the pay opportunity is great, but at the end of the day, we both dodged a bullet. They emphasize "fit" a lot throughout the process, and are extremely transparent about the nature of the job. That was much appreciated. They are hiring to retain, and want to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westtown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Westtown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. I had a phone screen, Skype interview, in person interview with an account manager, a half day job shadow and a panel interview with two account managers. I then met with the director. The internal recruiter was nice. She called me and wanted to give me as much support as possible. When I met with the director he did not seem as interested. They tell you the work is challenging and the hours are long.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions

Tell me about a time when you failed. Tell me about a time you did not meet a deadline. What are some of your goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied, received a phone call the next day from a junior recruiter to as general questions, I was then scheduled for a skype interview 5 days later with a Senior corporate recruiter. The Senior Corporate Recruiter clearly had no knowledge of her military branches because she pronounced Marine Corps as Corpse(dead body), assumed I was a military contractor instead of a veteran and asked me why i didn't retire at 15 years because i ended my service at 12 years. She gave a very bland "OK" to all my responses making the interview very bland and boring. This interviewer killed my joy to want to work for this company and would not recommend this company to fellow vets.

Interview Questions

• What clubs did you join while attending college? what motivates you? what do you think an aerotek recruiter does? tell me when you had to make a decision at work by yourself? What achievement outside of education are you the most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Process was pretty relaxed and straight forward. Skype interview, in person interview with supervisor. Recruiter who interviewed with me through skype was very helpful in preparing me for the in-person interview.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

The interview process included 4 stages:
     #1 Interview internal recruiter over the phone
    #2 Interview with the Director of Business operation in person
    #3 Interview with two Account Managers from 2 different division
    #4 On site Job shadow

Follow the STAR format which was warned by the internal recruiter and you should do great. Although I did poorly, I was able to stick with a great attitude and really showed my personality and sharing more facts about myself which led them to liking me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to negotiate with someone?   Answer Question