Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Aerotek

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A recruiter immediately called me and set up an interview for the next time I was available. The questions the recruiter asked on me on the phone were the same questions they asked me in person. I was out of there in 30 min. I was called back for 3 potential jobs the very nexy day, but none of them fit me so I declined them. The recruiter seemed like they would help me find more. But, never called me again. I’m sure it’s because they need just in person interviews and names to look like they’re doing their job. They send out weekly emails with open jobs and I emailed the recruiter back saying I was interested in a few & why I’m qualified and I never heard back. Never using this recruiter or this company again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, in person with the director of business, panel with 3 people (most likely senior recruiters and account managers), and a half day. Make sure to be prepared and know what you're interviewing for. Research the company and the role. Make sure to know who you're interviewing with as well and you could looked them up on LinkedIn too. Also, they're just really looking got someone whose motivated!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed, what's your weaknesses and strengths, what is something that happened in your past that has helped shape who you are today, what's your most proudest moment   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter calls me about the entry level recruiter position last week. She asks if I'm still looking and I tell her yes but that I'm unable to speak with her because I'm on the road and I was sitting with another client. I then ask her if we can talk at a later time. She goes off by telling me that she's going to be on calls all afternoon and doesn't know when and if she will have a chance to call me back. Aerotek doesn't need to take such an elitist attitude when talking to potential candidates. If a candidate isn't available at Aerotek's beckon call they will lose the opportunity to speak again. This is ridiculous!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY).

Interview

Has several interviews and the feedback was they really wanted to hire me but there wasn't an open position. They keep in touch with me regularly for about a month until a position opened and they made me an offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a total of three separate interviews.
    First the phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes.
    Next, an in person interview with two higher ups in the company that lasted an hour.
    Then a half day shadow at two different Aerotek locations that last about 5-6 hours.

Interview Questions

• On the phone interview, definitely follow the STAR format: situation, task, action, result. Always make yourself the STAR of the situation and a positive outcome.
      What do you know about Aerotek? Why are you interested in this position?
      What do you think makes a good company?
      Tell me about a time when you missed your goal.
      Tell me about a time when you worked with people who were not motivated / uninspired.
      How would your best friend describe you?
      What two words describe you?
      What was your favorite job that you have ever had? What was your your least favorite job and why?

Next, for the in person interview, once again STAR format, but they through in some curveballs, less name a time type of questions and more generalized questions, but don't let that stump you still follow STAR.
      What is the best team you have ever been on? What is the worst team you have ever been on?
      Who has been your favorite manager and why?
      What is the best compliment you have received? What is the worst compliment you have received?
      What motivates you everyday?
      Why did you pick your major in college?

Sidenote: They want you to have prepared questions of your own to ask the interviewer, so don't forget to have your intriguing questions. Don't forget you are interviewing them as well to see if it is an establishment you want to work for.

Third half day shadow went over the daily responsibilities of the recruiter role. Once again, ask questions!   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Mine was a bit different then what has been posted.

Got called by a recruiter from the office, and had a very quick phone screen. A week later I got a call asking if I was still interested by the same recruiter. Scheduled for the next day. Met with the recruiter who I had spoken to before with an Account Manager. Very fluid panel interview. When That was done met with a senior account manager and DBO. They asked situational questions then stopped me in the middle and changed the situation and had me react to that.

Then they had me call the next day to schedule a half day job shadow. This was interesting. It was basically a mini interview with everyone I sat with. I did have the opportunity to sit in on a few interviews and see how its done.

Got called a week later and was offered the job. It seems like a great company with a great culture. There are reviews on here that make it seem like it's horrid and a mean place to work. I think those people either burnt out or have a millennial way of thinking. They are up front and honest about the hours from the first interview and ask you a lot if you think your up for it.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are ready for this type of job? With these hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aerotek (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

everyone was friendly, they let you know ahead of time things that you would be asked, answered promptly. Be prepared to answer difficult questions about weaknesses and send thank you notes. I ended up having an offer from somewhere else so I didn't pursue this, but you want to make sure you send you thank yous if you want this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you missed a deadline, tell me about a time you made a mistake, tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker, tell me how you deal with failure, tell me 3 weaknesses, what motivates you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Chesterbrook, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three days of interviewing, the first round interview is over the phone while the second round is face to face. The third round is a minatory half day shadow, followed by an interview.

Interview Questions

• Who in your life would you consider successful and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the internal recruiter. She sent me information on the company and I was scheduled for a personal/conversational type of interview with 2 managers in person. The next day or so I was called and scheduled for a behavioral interview with 2 different managers. The same day I was invited to return for a half day in person shadowing interview and lunch with 2 different managers. The entire process took about a month.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Applied online and within the week I was contacted by and internal recruiter. I was told it's three separate interviews. I was asked why I wanted to be a recruiter and my background. I was sent an email confirming the phone screen and told to review the site and a couple of brochures.

Three stage interview process.

1. Phone screen
    In depth questions. STAR questions (Google how to answer it helps) ex. Tell me about a time when... After a few days I was told I'd be moving on to the next step

2. In house interview
    1 hour interview with a high level manager. Very transparent. Asked about jobs I've had. Wanted to know about my worth ethic. Said that job was difficult, a lot of long hours but it does pay off. After a few days they wanted me to come back for a half day shadow.

3. Half day shadow
    Came in at pretty much the same time as all employees and spent the day seeing the activities of the office. Sat down with a few recruiters and account managers. They were all very honest. Explained that the job was 45+ hours a week but it pays off. Company was described as all about organic growth and growing their employees. From what I've over heard this seems to be true.

While the half day was a bunch of interviews I do feel like the first two interviews were more important and the half day was just there to set realistic expectations of what the job is like.

All went well and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate for very good reasons.