Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aerotek Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had two phone conversations with Amanda for the Chicago office as well as a phone interview with her. I did not like how she seemed very cold and no personable at all. You could tell that she was just trying to interview anyone who applied and was not serious about getting them through the employment process. I also did not like how I only talked to Amanda and no one else from the company as I did not seem to "click" with her.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a goal and how did you accomplish it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aerotek

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

long and tiring. Wore a suit which was clearly nicer than the ones interviewing me. Decent girls in office during my tag along. Call with DBO then he asked me and my mom out to eat at outback. I think he was more intrested in my mom or the bloomin onion

Interview Questions

• If you were in a situation to be a hot dog.. would you eat yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerotek (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Informal but delightfully candid. My interviewer seemed uninformed about a lot of things but helpful nonetheless. She was detail oriented which I liked a lot and made me feel comfortable with how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired salary range?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I started off with two phone screenings, followed by an in-person interview and a half day job shadow. I'm sure many Aerotek locations are great, but the culture at the location I interviewed at felt unprofessional and unorganized.

The person who showed me around at the beginning of my half day was confused and kept apologizing for her lack of focus (she had just been informed that she was going to be filling in for a recruiter lead who was off doing something else, but she clearly didn't know how to walk me through what was assigned to her). I spent some time getting to know each team member while they all asked me the same questions: "How did you hear about Aerotek?, What drives you to get out of bed in the morning? What is your background? etc." I then interviewed with two account managers. One of them had to step out for a phone call about 10 minutes into the interview, while the other dropped the F* bomb a couple of times while telling me his back story.

The one question I kept being asked over and over was, "What drives you?" Little did I know, they could have
    cared less about my professional goals. They were wanting me to come up with a dramatic story of my upbringing, or something of the sort (I kid you not, I heard maybe 3 or 4 sob stories throughout this process) so that I had something to remember when the job got tough. It's an unconventional approach to an interview strategy, but it didn't quite resonate with the professionalism I was expecting from a company that is growing so quickly.

Not everything was bad though! I liked a couple of the team members a lot. They were all sweet and willing to spend time with me to answer any and all questions I had. The work they do as a company really matters, and I respect everyone who has the guts to stick with it.

I wanted to give this position a chance considering the pay opportunity is great, but at the end of the day, we both dodged a bullet. They emphasize "fit" a lot throughout the process, and are extremely transparent about the nature of the job. That was much appreciated. They are hiring to retain, and want to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westtown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Westtown, PA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. I had a phone screen, Skype interview, in person interview with an account manager, a half day job shadow and a panel interview with two account managers. I then met with the director. The internal recruiter was nice. She called me and wanted to give me as much support as possible. When I met with the director he did not seem as interested. They tell you the work is challenging and the hours are long.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions

Tell me about a time when you failed. Tell me about a time you did not meet a deadline. What are some of your goals.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied, received a phone call the next day from a junior recruiter to as general questions, I was then scheduled for a skype interview 5 days later with a Senior corporate recruiter. The Senior Corporate Recruiter clearly had no knowledge of her military branches because she pronounced Marine Corps as Corpse(dead body), assumed I was a military contractor instead of a veteran and asked me why i didn't retire at 15 years because i ended my service at 12 years. She gave a very bland "OK" to all my responses making the interview very bland and boring. This interviewer killed my joy to want to work for this company and would not recommend this company to fellow vets.

Interview Questions

• What clubs did you join while attending college? what motivates you? what do you think an aerotek recruiter does? tell me when you had to make a decision at work by yourself? What achievement outside of education are you the most proud of?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

The interview process included 4 stages:
     #1 Interview internal recruiter over the phone
    #2 Interview with the Director of Business operation in person
    #3 Interview with two Account Managers from 2 different division
    #4 On site Job shadow

Follow the STAR format which was warned by the internal recruiter and you should do great. Although I did poorly, I was able to stick with a great attitude and really showed my personality and sharing more facts about myself which led them to liking me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to negotiate with someone?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Interview process moved slow. Very robotic questions, mostly situational. It felt like the interviewer was reading a bio from a typed out summary of their history and career with Aerotek. Nothing was intriguing, which made the interview lack a conversation or enthusiasm from interviewer, incredibly one sided. I asked questions about their culture and it wasn't answered with enthusiasm or positivity. Not moving forward with company based on experience interviewing. Company seems very young, no work life balance. Salary isn't what they lay out on Job description. High turnover in first 6 months.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

1 phone screen, Interview with Account Managers then Half day if everything else went well. phone screen lasts about 45 mins. Interview with Managers takes about an hour. Half day is about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other jobs that you interviewing for.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

The phone interview was very easy. They make you feel comfortable, and ask you common sense questions. You start off with talking about your resume, and then talk about your behaviors.

Interview Questions

• What are three strengths and weaknesses that you have?   Answer Question