Aetna Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

On Campus Interview. Mainly behavioral questions, basically a good conversation with the interviewer. Was not able to make a lot of connections. Overall it is decent. The interviewer was very patient in answering questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got an on-campus interview a week later. The interviewer asked standard questions based on resume, some behavioral questions, and a brainteaser. I didn't get an offer as they didn't sponsor international students.

Interview Questions

• Why Aetna? Why this position? What recent news in insurance industry have you heard about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online first. 1 phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 on-site interview with hiring manager, other analysts. Test knowledge about industry and other behavioral question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I have applied through their website. The process took about a month. I was phone interviewed by someone from HR department. questions were mostly behavioral and expected. Since it was my first interview experience i think i did not do well.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic Conversation just questions about myself and education and what i could bring to the company. Nothing more than basic conversations and things that they needed to know about me to see how i would fit into the company.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aetna in December 2014.

Interview

Got the interview by meeting with the recruiter through a university career fair. I never got past the phone interview, however. The interview was conversational and mostly behavioral. It took them a over a month to get back to me for the second-round. In the end, I knew I wouldn't have gotten it since I don't have any intern experience in the actuarial field even though I passed two exams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I secured an interview through networking. The interviewing process involved two phone interviews and an in person interview. The first phone interview was very basic. They asked about my background, career goals, and why I would be a good candidate. The second phone interview was pretty difficult. It compromised of two parts--each with different people. Both parts mirrored each other. They asked about my skills, experience, why I would be a good candidate, and some questions to test my knowledge. They would explain a situation then ask me what I though about certain aspects of the situation. All in all not the hardest interview I have ever had but pretty tough nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to demonstrate my communication skills by having me choose something, pretend they did not know anything about what I chose, and explain it to them. For example, I chose a common statistic called 'expected value'.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Took about 1.5 months from phone interview to accepted offer. Everyone was incredibly nice throughout the whole process. Phone interview, then in person interview (set up about 1 week after phone interview), and then offer came about 2 weeks later. There are a couple more informal parts to the interview (a dinner and a lunch) which were particularly stress free at this company; everyone was relaxed and awesome.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. The questions were mostly behavioral. I then came in for an in-person interview. I met with several students in the program and had a 3-person interview as well. They actually didn't ask any technical questions. If your background is not actuarial, they'll ask why you want to be an actuary. They also asked why health insurance and not life or P&C. They contacted me soon after to extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Reference an insurance-related article and tell me how that relates to Aetna and why Aetna should care.   1 Answer