Aetna Claim Benefit Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna Claim Benefit Specialist Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Friendly and quick and easy. Very common questions asked. Once i interviewed it took over a year to start.. So the hiring process was long due to it being a state contract.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. You first get called for a phone interview. Then if you do well you get offered to do a face to face which you will be interviewed by 2 supervisors and a manager. It took 2 days to hear back that I got moved to the next step which was filling out another application and to take my drug test. Everything took 4 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• They weren't your basic interview questions. Some of them were very hard. They really wanted to make sure I was willing to work overtime.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call from an Aetna recruiter, then about a week later i went to the office to speak with the manager, my interview process took 1 1/2 hours. I talked with 3 interviewers. It took them 2 weeks to make me an offer in writing. I then took the drug test. I have been working with GIS (AETNA, INC - PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND Vendor) for 2 weeks now. I am still waiting, I have held licenses with TDI so i know my background is clean. I hope to start soon.in the meantime i wait.

Interview Questions

• They had a list of over 25 questions and each person picked about 5 questions each. I interviewed with 3 people. All of them were pleasant, professional and efficient. IMO   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Arlington, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially it took 2 months for a phone interview, then I received a call 2 days later to schedule (Aug 31st) a face-to-face interview. Interview went really well and interviews were very pleasant. Two days (Sept 2nd) after the face-to-face I received an application and consent for a background check. Two weeks later GIS requested add'l information on( Sept 10th). I never rec'd feedback either way now we are mid way into Oct. I know I don't have anything on my background because of previous jobs I held. I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes but I am remaining optimistic as I continue my job search.

Interview Questions

• In your previous employment , what was your companies projected profits and how did you come to learn it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Easy Good. Met with different managers and they asked various questions about work history ect. Felt very comfortable. Questions a lot about attendance ect. Also, about how much you can process and about working overtime.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

VERY Lengthy Hiring Process. You apply for the position, then have a telephone interview, then a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Then you get a call to complete an "Official Application" This is what they use for the background check and reference check.. Then they call to offer the position and then you go for a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later got a call from talent...basic interview then was scheduled for a face to face with hiring manager onsite. Seemed rushed with the hiring manger, asked basic customer service type questions, which I thought was odd since the job I applied for wasnt customer service based but had no issues answering the questions. 2 weeks later got a call to complete online application. A few days later received a call from HR that I needed to submit W2's for two positions I've held in the past to verify employment. I received an email a couple days letter with drug test information and formal letter of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Arlington, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

All was possible and extremely professional once it was determined I was fully capable of performing the job duties. Everything seemed to be optimistic until the actual 'training' and job functions began.

Anonymous Employee in Green Tree, Allegheny, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna (Green Tree, Allegheny, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

first phone interview, second is face to face with 2 supervisors, third was a telephone offer for the position. all in all the process is very laid back and non stressful. Both supervisors (one of which had left the company before i started) were friendly. the experience was positive and would not be nervous of the process at all

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for the medicare benefit claim specialst   1 Answer
    • do research on the company especially core values   1 Answer

Claims Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aetna (High Point, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then came into the office for a second Interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor for the department and an employee. I was referred by a current employee who I worked with at her part time job.